10+ Year Old Account

Bad 10m raid comp- suggestions on maxxing dps

First of all my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nymie/advanced
    Second of all my 10m raid comp: Prot War, Arms War, Combat Rogue, Ret Pally, MM Hunter (who refuses to bring out dragonhawk for anything other than Ultraxion HM), Fire Mage, Resto/Feral (bear) Druid, Resto/Enh Sham, Holy Pally, and myself.

So as you can see, I get no DI and limited caster buffs. My gear is decent (armory doesn't give goblin buff but I am at 30.16% haste- 2454, 17.09% hit, 15.2% mastery), with Bottled Wishes Trinket and Gloves of Liquid Smoke (waiting for shoulders to drop so I can go 4pc with gloves as offpiece) in my bags. Since getting the H Vagaries last night I have gotten to the point of reaching 3202 haste- IF I either use Bottled Wishes or gem massive Int+ haste (I have some haste reforged to mastery as well so could go with that plus limited int+haste gems). I have no offhand other than the 378 from Well of Eternity (our caster gear luck has been VERY low). My dps is bad compared to most spriests but on Sim I am doing extremely close to what I am capable of due to our raid comp, my uptime on DoTs is above 94% usually, I use the 4pcT13 DA, SF, MS, MB rotation when it is up.

Here are my questions:
    Should I try for the 3202 haste? Should I go beyond that? I know that with 4pc some say that you should only go for the lower haste point- 2589 for nongobs (I am goblin so 2435). I am wondering if anyone has any tips on maxxing my dps given the things in my bags and my raid comp. Again, according to Sim I am doing basically all the dps I can given my gear and raid comp, but I am wondering what tweaks I may be able to do to said gear or alternate gear.

I have seen some spriests from a top guild on my server running around with 3400+ haste and that is why I am curious if I should try for the gems, replace a trink with Bottled Wishes, etc. I should be getting the next tier shoulders so that I can also equip the gloves sitting in my bags. Basically, I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a more ideal way to tweak gear if raid comp is less than ideal. With DI I used to be top dps easily for a large percentage of fights, now I am struggling to stay in middle. I have run as much as SimulationCraft lets me, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with less than ideal comps and maybe tricks for tweaking performance?

Any suggestions for a frustrated me are very appreciated.

Thank you all very much!
    Last edited by Nymie; 2012-02-13 at 12:26 AM.

Deleted
    Hi Nymie,

while there is no set in stone way when to reforge to mastery (some people would go down to 2589, some would prefer to stay above 3202, the discussion is driven by personal preferences and personal gear) the spriests you saw with 3400+ haste are definitely wasting points.

Speaking generally: going more mastery will let you spike higher and going more haste will help you in multi dot fights.

As of today i still only got the Bottled Wishes, so i reach the 3202 quite easily, but i will sure as hell instantly switch to Cunning of the cruel as i see it dropping, especially since it gained even more value with the latest patch. If this brings me below 3202 haste i would go down to 2589 and never look back .

In no case would you want to switch to Bottled Wishes except maybe for higher spike at Heroic Spine at which point you would also go down to 2589 haste to spike even higher anyway.

Deleted
    No reason for them to be at 3400 haste, top guild doesn't always mean good :P

Don't gem int+haste, int is still our best stat so don't drop any of it, go for the 2589 (2435) haste point and reforge excess to mastery.

I strongly recommend an addon called 'reforge lite' it will get you to within 1-2 stat points of your hit cap and haste point once set up.

And tell your hunter to stop being a dick that's your biggest dps loss right there.
    Last edited by mmocffb95c3baf; 2012-02-13 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    And tell your hunter to stop being a dick that's your biggest dps loss right there.
    I know, right. The problem is, I play a hunter as a second main, and he REALLY gets annoyed when I call him on his "but I loose a CD" argument, b/c it is nice, yes, but mine and the mages dps would be well worth his less than significant loss in dps. I think I saw that he was loosing 800dps perhaps?

Thanks for the input, you replies are what I was thinking anyway. I feel like I have seen enough variations on thought lately that I am second guessing everything.

Best wishes.