Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    It's a great feature, that opens up a whole other world in terms of tactics.

Now, will they be able to get it working without feeling clunky? I played GW and WAR, both games had this feature, felt awkward tbh...
    This. Body blocking is great in theory, but I've yet to see it implemented in a way that didn't feel excessively intrusive. For example, in GW1 the body blocking coding causes a lot of rubber banding issues of the game thinking you passed the block, then realizing you didn't and throwing you back. It's one of my biggest gripes with the game, even though I love it.

Plus, it always seems to be overdone. I'd be fine if the block was a 1 or 2 ft space you couldn't enter, but in most games the block feels like 10 feet wide and extends past the physical appearance of the target.
    Last edited by Devolution; 2012-02-13 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    In guild wars it did feel clunky, however you play a single player game such as the elderscrolls, witcher, gta, mount and blade it seems to work fine and these are all 3rd person games.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 12:00 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Devolution;15463704
    Plus, it always seems to be overdone. I'd be fine if the block was a 1 or 2 ft space you couldn't enter, but in most games the block feels like 10 feet wide and extends past the physical appearance of the target.[/QUOTE]

I think that sums up why guildwars felt clucnky to me

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post
    In guild wars it did feel clunky, however you play a single player game such as the elderscrolls, witcher, gta, mount and blade it seems to work fine and these are all 3rd person games.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 12:00 AM ----------

I think that sums up why guildwars felt clucnky to me
    Good point actually, games like Grand Theft Auto and Saint's Row have great unit collision now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Good point actually, games like Grand Theft Auto and Saint's Row have great unit collision now that I think about it.
    Time to run around Divinity's Reach holding down "shift" and seeing if I can knock people over.

Seriously though, unit collision tends to feel a little off to me if you can collide with other units but they don't react in any way when you do, just stand there like a brick wall.
    So does running through enemies, but I'm a little more used to that.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-02-14 at 11:13 AM.

Need collision detection like in the Assassins Creed games. In there the npcs will react if you bump into them, they even react differently depending on how you run into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Need collision detection like in the Assassins Creed games. In there the npcs will react if you bump into them, they even react differently depending on how you run into them.
    Oh how I remember swooning about that when it was first revealed.
    Wouldn't work as well in an MMO though, the technology probably isn't at a point that it would be practical.