Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I've noticed that every thread pertaining to star wars on either this forum or on the official forum always ends up being an advertisement for Guild Wars 2. Why exactly is that? I will most definetly be not joining you in that game and I see no reason why it needs to be advertised.
    It's the next game on everyone's list of unreasonable expectations.

Expect similar threads for GW2 a month after it's released.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    It's the next game on everyone's list of unreasonable expectations.

Expect similar threads for GW2 a month after it's released.
    Ahh thank you. One would think that people would eventually realize the mistake they made as such and yet here we are. The circle of life continues.

I've noticed that every thread pertaining to star wars on either this forum or on the official forum always ends up being an advertisement for Guild Wars 2. Why exactly is that? I will most definetly be not joining you in that game and I see no reason why it needs to be advertised.
    Because its the next big release? Before SWTOR was released every thread was an advertisement for that. It came and failed to live up to any reasonable expectation. GW2 is next. If that fails, another game will be that beacon of hope. Until a game comes out and unseats WoW, you will always see someone pointing to the horizon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    When your marketing campaign features things like "you are not in azeroth anymore" you immediately brand yourself as a wannabe which is what rift is and will always will be. SWTOR has lore that has nothing to do with wow(or immitates wow) and which preceded wow by decades and whose following dwarves WoW lore by a mile. Bioware just needs to capitalize on it. You either go bold or you go home or go f2p which is what guild wars is doing.
    Dont act like TOR is nothing like WoW, as soon as you hit level 50 the game transforms into ''WoW in space''

Quote Originally Posted by Sithiwa View Post
    Dont act like TOR is nothing like EQ, as soon as you hit level 50 the game transforms into ''EQ in space''
    Hmm.... look at that. Can also be done like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithiwa View Post
    Dont act like WoW is nothing like EQ, as soon as you hit level 50 the game transforms into ''EQ with better graphics''
    Outside of that, the point that he was saying was the Rift's advertisements directly attacked WoW, TOR did not. Also, the lore in TOR has been established long before WoW was a gleam in Blizz's eyes. He did not say it was nothing like it, he said it was not trying to BE it.

It's doing fine for another WoW killer game.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Compared to the others games, yeah, really, but compared to that game, it's a massive fail. But of course it's not a massive fail, even when this game is not good in my opinion (simply because im a player and i am not wearing pink Star Wars glasses...which is actually the only thing why this game can still hold around 400k players (compared to 60k @Rift) (source: http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistic...iew&game=swtor) before you eve try to flame this game has more than 1,6m subscribers....subscribers =/= players, that actually play this game, subscribers need at least one month to go away)
    Every time someone posts a link from SWTORarena of mmo junkies without actually READING THE FAQ OF THAT WEBSITE an angel looses it wings. You sir killed a cherubim.

Can I make guesses on overall subscription / player count of a game based on these graphs?
    NO YOU SHOULDN'T be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by realm-status pages, nothing more.
    Keep repeating the same shit though. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about and your linking things that you think support your case but with a little bit of fact checking prove that they don't. These forums are not capable of intellectual honesty.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-02-14 at 09:10 PM.

So much hostility on these forums some days I'm not sure why. Every thread has a gw2 champion in it. Enjoy your game man, whatever makes you happy. Maybe we should start ginning up gw2 for the eventual let down.
    People convinced themselves so much that SWTOR is just a WoW clone so when SWTOR does not measure up in one of the categories to their requirements, they think the game is a failure. Since most of my post was ignored I will reiterate: Bioware is not betting the farm on taking away WoW's playerbase, Bioware is rightfully cultivating its own. Obviously, battling for every customer is important but if you consider SWTOR not from the prism of an experienced WoW raider but from a person who never played an MMO before, SWTOR holds up very well. Case in point: Not long ago I did "trouble in deed" a 4+ heroic level 16 quest in Justicar territory on Coruscant. I had a group of 2 players plus me(we rotated a companion among ourselves). I was a gunslinger and we had a jedi guardian and jedi shadow along for the ride. It did not turn out well because the other guys could not pull their weight and we did not have a healer. Even though SWTOR's dungeons and heroic quests can't compare to WoW's in terms of pve difficulty as of right now, they are still not the quests any moron could just breeze through.

SWTOR's healing is rudimentary. I got spoiled by vuhdo a gaming mouse and a customized raiding frame. Clicking on nameplates is awful. I do realize it wont last forever and it is a minor thing. SWTOR's raiding community needs to be built and to me it is a fresh start that we dont have the race to world first nonsense in SWTOR yet.

If you compare SWTOR to Vanilla content at launch SWTOR fares very well. If you compare SWTOR to Cata at launch you have BH, TO4W, BOT, BWD vs 2 raids SWTOR has. Tier 11 while difficult did not go over well with the playing population so if bioware made its launch tier as hard as tier 11 it would have a lot of players turned off before the game even begun essentially. Right now it is dragon soul+lfr for 6 months vs SWTOR and upcoming updates. WoW wont be exciting in that match up.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Compared to the others games, yeah, really, but compared to that game, it's a massive fail. But of course it's not a massive fail, even when this game is not good in my opinion (simply because im a player and i am not wearing pink Star Wars glasses...which is actually the only thing why this game can still hold around 400k players (compared to 60k @Rift) (source: http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistic...iew&game=swtor) before you eve try to flame this game has more than 1,6m subscribers....subscribers =/= players, that actually play this game, subscribers need at least one month to go away)

D3 will "end" this 99,8914739187393718197419%
    You realize that's overall players-online-in-the-us, not subs, right?

Bioware has stated 1.7 mil subs. Rift is prolly around 400k. Try reading what those graphs represent before posting that, and even though I didn't care for SWTOR, I wouldn't be as short-sighted to believe your remarks.

And D3 won't end this. GW2 won't end this. TERA won't end this. Only thing that will 'end this' is Bioware continuing to be a total fail at fixing the endgame content (helllo, Ilum!).

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog