Deleted

Need help with Unholy DK

Hello, yesterday I got Gurthalak for my Unholy specc. I was very excited so I went and fixed my gear and specc and whatnot. After alot of tweaking I decided I would go and try it out on the dummy. Here's when the problem starts. I can barely get over 15k dps and it's a good try even if I get to 18k. I would appreciate if someone could check over my reforges and specc and maybe give a tip on rotation. I can provide WoL's if needed aswell. Ty beforehand!

Link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Pasha/simple

You are using blood glyphs.

Were you using a pet?

Deleted
    It's an old blood specc that's why I have blood glyphs, I'm gonna fix it when I get home. And yes I did use a pet.

Usually switching to new spec lowers dps, just hit that dummy like you mean it till you learn the rotation. Practise makes perfect, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all you need a change in glyphs. You're using a lot of blood glyphs. Definitely make sure your prime glyphs are Glyph of the Ghoul, Glyph of Death Coil, Glyph of Scourge strike. Your main glyphs aren't as huge a deal, but obviously dancing rune is a complete waste of a glyph because you don't even have that ability in unholy.

Your spec is a little weird: you have all the right dps talents, but why did you choose to put 3 points into Runic Power Mastery? You should really consider another point into magic suppression and then into Anti-Magic Zone. More RP from your AMS can be a big damage boost when you use it correctly, and AMZ can be a great soaker on fights like Blackhorn and Madness - there's just so much application for it, while more maximum RP isn't that great for unholy because you don't accumulate it as quickly as you do with frost, and you are constantly dumping it into Death Coils anyway.

All your enchants are good. It may be worth reforging to hit somewhere and putting haste onto your boots as a pose to precision.

Also, here's a big thing: with gurthalak, and especially the normal version, Mastery becomes more beneficial to your damage than crit. Haste remains the most important stat. Therefore all your reforges should be from anything except for haste into Mastery or Hit (until you are capped). Your shoulders should be crit -> mastery. On your bracers reforge your crit to hit instead of your mastery. Your gloves don't need to be reforged. On your boots switch the reforge to hit from mastery -> hit to crit -> hit. Undo the reforge on your breath stealer band.

Unholy is kinda a weird spec to play in that it's very fast-paced. You basically put up diseases, use DnD on cool down, and spam SS and Festering when diseases need to be boosted (it actually hits quite hard either way). Dump RP by using DC whenever you can, and make sure DT is used whenever it is ready. Obviously make sure you pet isn't on passive because it does about 20% of your damage.

Also, your damage can seriously fluctuate depending on Gurthalak procs. Regardless, you should always be hovering around 22k on a single target dummy (the one in Acherus is a good one).

Hope this helped ^^

Deleted
    All your enchants are good. It may be worth reforging to hit somewhere and putting haste onto your boots as a pose to precision.
    I have reforged almost every piece of gear to hit because I wouldn't make the hit cap otherwise.

As I said I'm fixing my glyphs now when I'm home. For the specc I simply just listened to Noxxic since I have 0 experience with Unholy.

I'll try out all of your tips but I'm thinking about going 2hand frost instead of Unholy since it seems easier and frost is way more fun that Unholy tbh.