Newer WWII shooter?

I would really like to play a WWII shooter with a good single player campaign. The most recent ones I can think of are Red Orchestra, BF 1943 and the first mission of Bad Company 2. I really loved the single player campaigns in Call of Duty 2 and even 3 to some extent. World at War was pretty fun too.

I'm looking for a modern WWII fps that has a good campaign and relatively good graphics, Something along the lines of the most recent call of duty games (Though if it is a better looking more demanding game please don't refrain suggesting it.)

I know a lot of people feel that the sub-genre has overextended itself, but I think that feeling is just remnants of what it was 4-5 years ago. I think it's about time for a new WWII shooter.

I always enjoyed the Medal of Honor series though they are a bit dated now(first release was in '99 with a reboot based on Afghanistan in 2010). Would love to see a new WW2 shooter to be released though I'm not sure what theater they could cover as a lot of the interesting ones have been done.

I'd really like to see another European theater. I think CoD 2 did D-Day properly, reminded me a lot of Saving Private Ryan.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

I dont think you will see many WWII shooters nowadays, they bruned out with COD, MOH, BIA and many others, Now the hip thing is modern shooters, im hoping companys pick up on the idea BF had with 2142 cus i want some good futureistic shooters on these engines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont think you will see many WWII shooters nowadays, they bruned out with COD, MOH, BIA and many others, Now the hip thing is modern shooters, im hoping companys pick up on the idea BF had with 2142 cus i want some good futureistic shooters on these engines.
    I heard rumors on a Battlefield 4 coming out on 2014, but that was my friend, and usually he's wrong out of 99% of the time. And he told me this the day BF3 came out.
    The most logical thing next for DICE would be 2143, but the majority didn't care for 2142 when it came out. I like it a lot though.
    We could only hope.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait a lil bit and you might play it for real :x

But back to the point, CoD 2 is like the best CoD they've ever made, and if i'm not totally wrong, i belive it was about WW2, and the arcade game was brilliant. Graphics are also really good, however, that's not so important.

Deleted
    I'd like to see one with a Nazi campaign,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Just wait a lil bit and you might play it for real :x

But back to the point, CoD 2 is like the best CoD they've ever made, and if i'm not totally wrong, i belive it was about WW2, and the arcade game was brilliant. Graphics are also really good, however, that's not so important.
    Yeah, CoD 1, 2 and 3 were all about WW2. Those were a lot of fun when I was younger.
    But a new WW2 game? I'd reccomend BF 1943, or either Red Orchestra if you have a good enough computer, OP.

but the majority didn't care for 2142 when it came out.
    I loved it, most i know that have played it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I loved it, most i know that have played it did.
    Yeah, I did too. But apparently a lot of people didn't like the sci-fi gametype for Battlefield, which surprises me.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just looking around and there's a red orchestra 2?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

CoD1 is still my all time favourite WWII shooter. Remember playing it on the PC and loving it so much.

Deleted
    DICE is making Battlefield 2143 for Frostbite2. (rumors, tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    if they make BF 2143 I would cry I looooved BF 2142 sniping was so fun