Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

So... I like PvP...

... And yeah I know that you have to do the main game in PvE mainly first, which is fine by me.

I loved Warhammer Online PvP, and Im bored to death with WoW's PvP.

Is it worth playing SW:TOR for the PvP part of the game?

Deleted
    No

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    ... And yeah I know that you have to do the main game in PvE mainly first, which is fine by me.

I loved Warhammer Online PvP, and Im bored to death with WoW's PvP.

Is it worth playing SW:TOR for the PvP part of the game?
    SW:ToR is total trash, the only good thing about it is questing. PvE and PvP endgame are a joke. You can't even queue with more than 4 friends lol. Also it's totally unbalanced and bugged in PvP. Try transferring to a good competitive PvP server in WoW and do serious arena

You can not call another forum member a troll. If you suspect they are report the post and move on. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-13 at 07:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    SW:ToR is total trash, the only good thing about it is questing. PvE and PvP endgame are a joke. You can't even queue with more than 4 friends lol. Also it's totally unbalanced and bugged in PvP. Try transferring to a good competitive PvP server in WoW and do serious arena
    I'm tired of arena bro.

A MMO should be about 1000 vs 1000 players, not 2v2 clan match.

I wouldn't say right now, it's pretty unbalanced and the warzones gets pretty boring after you do them 100+ times.
    They've said to have big planes tho, like a new WZ in march etc, rated WZ's too so it might be in the future.

Just keep your eyes on the swtorblog for updates.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

pretty much this, do not play swotr for endgame anything. at least not right now.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Tera seems interesting but i'm not in the beta so i can't say from experience how the combat feels in terms of pvp. some of my friends are in it and they are enjoying a lot so hopefully it will be good upon release.

but anyways your question was about swtor and i'd have to say that the pvp doesn't feel right

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy TOR PvP, and PvE for that matter even tho it has quite a lot of bugs. Ratez wz should be coming in March, and that will bring a change to the current PvP balance and gearing system. Atm there are 2 brackets 10-49 and lvl 50 only. The 10-49 gives a nice boost of xp while leveling and as you would suspect the people having the higher level have advantage. The lvl 50 bracket is for every lvl 50 player regardless of valor rank and gear. That means that the best geared lvl 50 guy can go against the worst gear or freshly dinged guy, and at this moment that makes a big difference. So if you still don't have a lvl 50 and wanna pvp this should be the perfect time for you to get the game, reach lvl 50 get familiar with the ins and outs of your class and get ready for 1.2.

On point of class balance, imo they are all pretty balanced. They all have situational strengths and weaknesses.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-02-13 at 11:01 AM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    Tera seems interesting but i'm not in the beta so i can't say from experience how the combat feels in terms of pvp. some of my friends are in it and they are enjoying a lot so hopefully it will be good upon release.

but anyways your question was about swtor and i'd have to say that the pvp doesn't feel right
    Tera is too asian for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of arena bro.
    Then you should enjoy SWTOR PvP.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

These comments are so boring.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 11:24 AM ----------

sw:tor is boring
    good one!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    These comments are so boring.
    Alright I give up, I edited my posts and now all of them are gone...

So I'm gonna sum it up. Tera is NOT an asian grindfest at ALL yes the quests are mostly kill/collect etc. but it's like that in ANY MMO right now. PvP/Endgame looks promising and it's the only real match for WoW right now with GW2. FORGET SW:ToR if you want PvP specially World PvP like the one you want with 1000v1000 just aint gonna happen with the terrible engine in SW:ToR (you will get terrible FPS no matter how good ur pc is) maybe 20v20 but even that is pretty laggy.
    Last edited by alemaite; 2012-02-13 at 11:27 AM.

I'd say wait for GW2 if you want a good MMO with some focus in PvP.
    I've heard that PvP in SW:ToR is garbage.
    Hi

If you like the game, pvp is fine, its ok and fun. I made battlemaster, which means i did lots of pvp (100-150hours) and I never felt bored or annoyed, there are 3 warzones and one huge open pvp zone (actually two, but because of the lack of a daily quest no one ever visits the second)

But if you are actually not interested in the game and are looking for an MMO with great pvp, forget it. the pvp alone in this game does not make it worth buying, its just a small part of the game.

If you loved Warhammer Online PvP and hated WoW PvP then stay away from SW:TOR PvP. It is nothing like WHO PvP (the RvR part). It's just 3 instanced 8v8 battlegrounds over and over. Also incredibly gear dependant. The only "open world" pvp zone (Ilum) is complete trash.

If you're looking for PvP then seriously, heed my advice, stay away from SW:ToR. The PvP is abysmal.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Alright I give up, I edited my posts and now all of them are gone...

So I'm gonna sum it up. Tera is NOT an asian grindfest at ALL yes the quests are mostly kill/collect etc. but it's like that in ANY MMO right now. PvP/Endgame looks promising and it's the only real match for WoW right now with GW2. FORGET SW:ToR if you want PvP specially World PvP like the one you want with 1000v1000 just aint gonna happen with the terrible engine in SW:ToR (you will get terrible FPS no matter how good ur pc is) maybe 20v20 but even that is pretty laggy.
    I have 3 compuers in my house all running TOR with varing specs and none of them have FPS issues, so you might want to edit your post to say "you might get FPS issues" just because you have a problem doesnt mean everyone else will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I'd say wait for GW2 if you want a good MMO with some focus in PvP.
    I've heard that PvP in SW:ToR is garbage.
    GW1 was garbage put maybe GW2 will be better.

It was quite fun

Deleted
    GW1 was garbage put maybe GW2 will be better.
    Guild wars 1 still has 1m active players, how is that garbage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhailen View Post
    Guild wars 1 still has 1m active players, how is that garbage?
    SWTOR has 2 mio, yet you call that garbage. Same with WoW, has 10 mio.

GW got succes because no monthly fee mainly.

I hate the clunky controls. You cannot jump. Oh theres a little cliff. Can I jump down? No you have to go around for 15 mins to get down.