Best warlock pve spec atm?

So I'm currently 100% pvp, playing as affliction lock, but I wanna start doing some pve and was wondering which pve spec I should choose. I prefer rolling the best spec available. Appreciate all feedback!

Walla Adi . skjer?
    I got nines in the bedroom, glocks in the kitchen.
    A shotty by the shower if you wanna shoot me while I'm shittin.

There is no "best" spec atm, warlocks are currently VERY lucky in that all 3 specs are PvE viable, affliction shines on warmaster and madness, destruction on morchok and a few other, demo on yor'sahj and so on and so on, all specs are viable on all fights, it really comes down to wich spec you play best as.

If your raid has no elemental shaman, demo is ALWAYS the best choice, regardless of your personal dps loss.

I currently run with an affliction and destro spec, since they share reforges, switching to demo requires mastery stacking instead of haste so changing between them is a pain, and just change in wichever spec performs best on the current fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobsten View Post
    So I'm currently 100% pvp, playing as affliction lock, but I wanna start doing some pve and was wondering which pve spec I should choose. I prefer rolling the best spec available. Appreciate all feedback!
    Play whatever spec you like/feel most comfortable with. Warlocks are in a unique situation in that all 3 specs are competitive on almost every encounter. Of course you may have a spec with a slight advantage over the other 2 on a certain fight, but it doesn't matter much at this point in the tier.

all the 3 specs are good one of the few classes that can say all their 3 specs are viable, so yeah just play whatever you like the most, i personally play destruction. Most ppl say demo is the best but demo is not even viable at all for warmaster blackhorn and spine so again just play what you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    All 3 specs are so close that their individual strengths and weaknesses make them better or worse for each fight.

Personally I use
    Morchok - Destro
    Zon'ozz - Destro, however affliction has a slight dps lead
    Yor'shaj - Affliction (demo really shines for black phases)
    Hagara - Destro (all 3 specs seem to do about equal here looking at top parses for each)
    Ultraxion - Destro (for nether protection for hour of twilight) However both affliction and demo can keep their own.
    Blackhorn - Affliction
    Spine - Demo if your primary focusing on tendon damage
    Madness - Affliction

Overall I feel that affliction and destro are nearly equal if you plan on playing only one for the whole zone, and demo feels like it lags behind because it isn't as mobile and isn't as good at multidotting. My opinion on the specs are only based on how my guild does 8\8H and what strats we use, you might get an entirely different picture based on your playstyle and boss strats.
    Since you decided to ask the same question as a post that was halfway down the front page....I'll just reply with the same answer.

Affliction is good for most fights ... except for Spine ... I don't like spine as affl

statement from EJ page which holds pretty true:
    While Demonology does pull ahead in single target DPS by ~2k DPS, this is only in close to perfect conditions where there is minimal to no movement and the player is able to stand in melee range. This means that in most situations Destruction and Affliction will perform better than Demonology.

On multi-target fights with strictly 2 DPS targets Affliction and Destruction should be quite even. However once any additional targets are introduced Affliction will perform considerably better than Destruction. Heavy AoE fights are where Demonology really begins to shine, followed respectably by Affliction and then Destruction behind by a considerable margin.
    There isn't really any extremely heavy aoe fights, nothing on the lines of heroic maloriak that doing insane aoe is going to make it any smoother than good aoe ... unless, your group has really crappy aoe and you get stuck with a black and yellow ooze, the massive aoe may be good for getting the second pack of oozes down really fast to concentrate on the next spawn. Though I find popping demon soul and doing a SB: SoC, shadowflame, seed spam works just fine, plus I'm staying on boss making sure UA/Bane doesn't fall, all those corruptions are good for your health too

I'd assume you are keeping your pvp spec ... so, affl/affl might work for you. If you are breaking from pvp for a bit, destro stat priority pre-heroic t13 is about the same.

If you just want to do something different, demo would probably be more 'fun', though that is subjective ... and if you didn't like it, you'd have to switch your gear over to a haste build.

I'm no pro though, just come back from a 2 month break and found I still could keep toe to toe with better geared players on damage done.

Right now: Demo>=Destruction>Affliction

10+ Year Old Account
    Fights you can stand still and hit 1 mob (ultraxion for example, even tho it is bugged for demo): Demonology.
    Fights you have to move a bit more, and/or has a second target that stays alive longer (for bane of havoc) (example: Valiona and Theralion): Destruction.
    Fights you have to move a lot on, and/or continously has a lot of adds spawning that are worth multi-dotting (example: Blackmaster): Affliction.
    Fights you constantly have to AoE mobs down on, even while moving (example: Maloriak Heroic): Demonology

Generally, if you just want a good spec for all fights, Destruction does well. Demonology has a tendency of falling behind on fights that involve adds and movement too much, and Affliction is on the pure single-target fights a bit behind. People argue that Affliction is better for Blackmaster, but if you only want to have one PvE spec, just getting a Bane of Havoc off on Goriona at the start of the fight, and multi-dotting with Immolate and Corruption, will make Destruction okay-ish, especially as I can imagine you're not gonna do heroics right off the bat.
    On the other side, Destruction is one of the specs you have to be really awake for... You are constantly refreshing all your DoTs (demo and affliction automatically refresh one of their DoTs), and got to keep a constant eye on improved soul fire, and which nuke you should be casting. On the other hand, Demonology is mainly about cooldown management, which can prove challenging as well, and affliction is all about multi-dotting, which is non-existent in single-target situations. So best all-round spec? Destruction. Easiest to pick up spec? I'd say affliction, especially for single target, but that gets a bit more involving when multiple targets get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherlol View Post
    Play whatever spec you like/feel most comfortable with. Warlocks are in a unique situation in that all 3 specs are competitive on almost every encounter. Of course you may have a spec with a slight advantage over the other 2 on a certain fight, but it doesn't matter much at this point in the tier.
    Couldn't have said it better myself....this asher ...real standup guy.

Made by dubbelbasse

affliction wins bro. ez

10+ Year Old Account
    the spec you can play

Deleted
    All 3, depending on the fight. This helps you, eh ? ^^

Deleted
    I made a list in my DS 25 HC guide where it shows highest World of Logs spec for each encounter. It will change during farm, but you can get a rough idea of what performs well on what encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself....this asher ...real standup guy.
    Come raid with us bro.