Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I don't use facebook.

It's an insane vanity affair for people who want to pretend thier life is interesting by broadcasting every insignificant little thing to the world.

A few of my friends who do use it say it's on the downslope anyways; becoming less active, many awful/useless features being crammed down thier throat and it's just plain getting old.

If you feel like your missing out that badly get it, if not, stay an individual whose friends actually stay friends rather then a number you pretend to measure popularity with.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I don't use facebook.

It's an insane vanity affair for people who want to pretend thier life is interesting by broadcasting every insignificant little thing to the world.

A few of my friends who do use it say it's on the downslope anyways; becoming less active, many awful/useless features being crammed down thier throat and it's just plain getting old.

If you feel like your missing out that badly get it, if not, stay an individual whose friends actually stay friends rather then a number you pretend to measure popularity with.

the insignificant and useless posts just depend on who you are friends with, though i would guess everyone knows at least 1 person who posts trash on it, and feels the need to update you on what they're doing every 5mins. i rarely check my FB, but when i do there is always at least 1 post saying "watching x film" or "going to Y for lunch!"

Quote Originally Posted by itsyannick View Post
    Keep in mind that facebook's cookies track everything you do on the interwebs
    Don't allow the cookies then.

Deleted
    there are also a lot of people with false names.. as long as u dont keep changing it nowand then it will allow u to keep it.. shame i cant do mine naymore... changed too much >.> (even the other name)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    You must have some supremely dull friends.

My past 24 hours on facebook include:

Three hilarious threads between me and my friends discussing how terrible Chronicle was.

Sharing a new photo album I took with a group of friends I'm creating a start up company with.

Getting in contact with an (hot) female friend and agreeing to start a new video project with her.

If your news feed is filled with herp derp, your life probably is too.
    My life is fine, awesome, even.

Of course I'm old school and don't need a social network to give my life a false sense of interest; like some people obviously do...

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Look, i just googled my complete name. you wanna know what i found?

1) my linkedin profile;
    2) my blogger profile, on which i have nothing but a blog about my internship (required for school);
    3) the names of my immediate relatives found in a local gene research.
    4) a task schedule list created by someone from school (who i still need to bug to remove it).
    5) a post from early last year on MMO-champion on which i posted my real name (since removed), which is not going to be there in a month or so.

and that's it. you find that stuff on the first 4 pages. you can't find anything else on me. i'm basically a clean slate, or almost a clean slate, but the slate isn't dirty with shit or anything like that.

and i'm sure as hell not going to try and ruin it with facebook. I'm not quite through if i want to join facebook, but it'll probably be under a fake name.
    Are you concerned that having a Facebook account is somehow bad as far as employment goes? If so, then you don't need to worry -- it's not. It's only a concern if you use Facebook to post in a generally unfavorable way, such as racist or sexism that an employer would deem as unfit for the work environment. And honestly, if that's a concern then Facebook isn't the problem. In fact, it's almost expected (although certainly not required) that people in the workplace use Facebook. It's easily the best way to keep in contact with friends, relatives and coworkers.

Regardless, even if you have no interest in doing anything aside from accessing various games through your account then you're fine. Your record is not going to be tarnished because you have a Facebook account.

Deleted
    I did myspace when it launched, I did bebo when it launched, when facebook came out i just couldnt be bothered, I think i have a name on it but i just cant be bothered using it, just another website for people to lie about their lives, Sometimes I see the people in the pub who look miserable until a camera is pulled out, then they all make a pose like they were having a great time,

I do not have a facebook, and the only thing I miss out on is some features on the website 9gag, where I go to pass the time waiting for people to run back from wipes in wow :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    My life is fine, awesome, even.

Of course I'm old school and don't need a social network to give my life a false sense of interest; like some people obviously do...
    Really? That's as old as the basement-dweller gamer insult.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    my life is fine, awesome, even.

Of course i'm old school and don't need a social network to give my life a false sense of interest; like some people obviously do...
    i don't need to drink to be cool ok???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Right, facebook gets in there and destroys a marriage. Just sorta works its way into the marriage and creates all of these issues and takes 2 perfectly fine people and turns em against each other. Riiiight.

News flash: Unnecessary drama and bullshit comes from people who make unnecessary drama and bullshit. Has been around since long before facebook.
    During a divorce there are papers that ask the "reasons" for the separation. There is one section that asks "other reasons" that don't really mean anything but count towards the minimum required reasons for divorce and help determine the settlement. Facebook and video games are two of the most common reasons for that section. Very few people actually consider them true factors.

OP wants to be special and different, otherwise he would have just made a FB under a fake name. There is no actual discussion here, just a cry for attention.

When I got the ME3 demo through Facebook, I used accounts with fake info. As for cookies, Spybot S&D, problem Facebook? ^_^