Healing H Ultraxion(Reforge)

Hey Guys, first time posting in shaman forums. Been reading you guys for a while, and decided it was time to get my own advice and start contributing.

So my guild is going for its first H Ultraxion kill tonight.
    Our raid comp is
    Blood DK
    Arms War
    Enhance Shammy
    Moonkin
    Rogue
    Mage
    Hunter
    Beastly Holy Paladin
    Resto shammy(me)
    Prot Warrior

Without offending my guildies I need to say our DPS sucks.
    So we will be healing well into 5 minutes, closer to the 5:45 according to my calculations and comparisons.

Here is a log
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o409s5xrbl1200ja/sum/healingDone/

And my Armory

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/executus/tots/advanced

But getting to my question...

Im at the second haste breakpoint(1850 goblin) while still having around 19.2 Mastery. My spirit is 2187(+780 LFR TRINK) with my new reforges today.

Should I reforge back out of haste breakpoint into as much more mastery and spirit as possible, because I know past 5 mins the raid is gonna be very low at all times. Plus im not sure if Im even going to want to waste gcds on riptides in between my HRS, because I feel like Chain heal will always need to be casting.

Ive never actually healed past the 5 min marker, and I only have 2 attempts on Ultraxion which e got to the 3:45 min mark both times, with losing a dps to HoT.

Also do you think the pally solo healing with this bad dps, is more viable?
    Last edited by lacrosse08; 2012-02-13 at 04:39 PM.

Just a tip: If dps is dead due HOT , you need to practice mechanics.

If your paly is really BEASTLY (what i don't really see at your logs) he could 1 heal that no doubt.

I ADVISE you to respec to this fight, just go FI specd , you'll be helping the dps and bumping your major heal on this fight!

Stoneclaw totem (glyph) is much better than Healing wave on this one! GO for it!

You should use mana tide basicaly on pull, so you can get it full benefit later(did not check logs on this one)

Use unleash life , you are not using it properly.

Your paly should improve also, but im not that good at paly to tip him! Check my logs i heal (me shamy) along with Holy paly , a true BEASTLY one. WE usualy end fight with no stress on none of the heals at all.

Iam haxixaman on logs, the paly is magrezza

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mxt302j1kg0zxu6t/

check this out , on that day he took red+blue i took green, i was just supporting his heals, as my mastery works much better when the life drops, try to maintain HEALING RAIN all fight long , and toss some cds when your paly (main heal on this fight) needs help. We do this way and its a piece of cake.. Good luck!
    Last edited by hempaa; 2012-02-13 at 04:53 PM.

Red+blue for the holydin, green for you. Leave most of the healing for the first four minutes to the paladin (keeping in mind that mana only has to last up until the blue buff spawns). Keep a Healing Rain up and some Riptides rolling (Earth Shield up too, obviously), but let the paladin do most of the healing for the first half of the fight. Spend as much time as you can DPSing. You have a mage, so keep Searing Totem up whenever your elementals (both!) aren't up. Mana shouldn't be an issue so keep Flame Shock up (make a macro to use it with the button), Lava Burst whenever you can, and spam Lightning Bolt like crazy. You should be able to do upward to 2M damage, which will shorten the fight considerably. Consider pre-potting and using a DPS weapon for the first four minutes. Bring some volcanic potions to use right after the 5:00 mark.

Around 4:00 you'll have to actually heal a bit, and at 5:00 just pop all cooldowns (delaying SLT to 5:10ish is helpful, but don't let the bronze buffs trigger) and spam heal like crazy. Things will be very intense at that point, but the first four minutes are fairly dull. It does get nasty, though, so if you're struggling with DPS already then trying to have the paladin solo heal it will only make things worse.

Stat-wise, mastery is your friend. Spirit is largely pointless for the fight, as you'll spend most of it casting Lightning Bolt. The part where you actually heal is brief but painful.

As a side note, casting Riptide is a slight HPS gain over Chain Heal if you let it tick.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

In terms of reforging, keep in mind that the 1850/2k haste breakpoint is ONLY FOR THE RIPTIDE HOT AND NOTHING ELSE. Aside from that, the only thing haste helps you with is Chain Heal's cast time. When push comes to shove, that 2k breakpoint is practically meaningless in 10 mans, so I would advise against staying around it, and just go with your normal Mastery > Crit > Haste priority.

Hey thanks everyone, tried the FI spec.
    We killed it on our second attempt, ultimately going to 5:53

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u3jo1ftiplnlrqk3/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=55294

Any suggestions on where we should go next. Got yorsahj and ultraxion down for the first time this week, making us 3/8

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse08 View Post
    Hey thanks everyone, tried the FI spec.
    We killed it on our second attempt, ultimately going to 5:53

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u3jo1ftiplnlrqk3/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=55294

Any suggestions on where we should go next. Got yorsahj and ultraxion down for the first time this week, making us 3/8
    our kll order was -> morchock>yorsaj>Zonoz>Ultraxion> Hagara> raids back after 2 weeks now and we gona down da boat!

Zonozz before Ultraxion nice. How did you find him, did you 3 heal? Any strats you can share? Ive heard of stacking at first to use sp link, HR, holy radiance, etc. What raid cd rotation do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse08 View Post
    Zonozz before Ultraxion nice. How did you find him, did you 3 heal? Any strats you can share? Ive heard of stacking at first to use sp link, HR, holy radiance, etc. What raid cd rotation do you use?
    yeah 3 heals , shaman heal , holy paly , disc priest, we have done 7 7 5 3 on bounces , with me(shaman) and holy paly on melee(so we both have range to the tank) if the dispel was on melee i dispeled, if it was on melee+me paly dispeled melee and me myself.

On black phase, we stack, once the first black comes, i toss SLT + MANA TIDE wait 5 or 6 sec toss SPWG (with t13 sure) , assign heals for this one, 3 groups, 1 stay at the claw(we do holy paly +rogue+tank) one group go left (on my case , me + moonkin+ lock+ i stay in range of the tank/melee) the other group go right(disc+elemental+mage+warior(igess)).

We had problem with positioning for the first RANGED bounc that comes right after the first dispel, so our fire mage take that bounce, so the raid can stabilize and proceed sucessfull! good luck

Edit: we use barrier for the second stack (black phase) i gess, idk aura mastery tho, and tank(4pc t13) cds when NEEDED.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hempaa View Post
    We had problem with positioning for the first RANGED bounc that comes right after the first dispel, so our fire mage take that bounce, so the raid can stabilize and proceed sucessfull! good luck.

we had that aswell with the bounce so in the end we just ended up ignoring the dispells and just healing through it, wasn't that much difference in healing needed and you didn't screw up the bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

We solved that issue by having one of the side groups start from the far end of the room, meaning they were positioned for bouncing while DPSing the final eyes. With all the ranged in position well in advance, a few of them having to run out because of the debuff isn't much of a problem.

Deleted
    I just went healing rain extra tick haste breakpoint, got stoneclaw glyph and had tons of spirit and mastery. Our paladin takes red everytime while I take the other buffs. Tide on the 2nd buff (and on cd after). Chain heal everytime starting with your ES target, Healing Rain on cd and after 3rd buff is down do lots of chain heals combined with greaters on lower hp people. We got our first kill at around 5:40 and we had no problem healing it. I end up with around 40k hps while our pala goes for 50k+ hps. Remember to drop Spirit Link when boss is on 10% so you won't have a problem losing people.

Quote Originally Posted by dizi View Post
    Our paladin takes red everytime while I take the other buffs.
    You should let the paladin pick up blue. Holy Radiance spam with 100% haste and (nearly) unlimited mana is insane. You can cast it twice as often, and each HR you cast will tick twice as many times. It's also something you normally can't afford to spam for very long, so the reduced mana cost is also a significant HPS increase. Blue is okay as a shaman, but considering that only the last minute really matters and you have enough mana to spam full-time during that minute anyway, blue isn't really any better than red or green for us. It's a nice relief if you're solo-healing it, but if you're running with two healers you should have lots of time for TC spam to keep mana high.

Deleted
    @Alltat
    So which one would you pick if healing with shaman + pala?

We're going to do that this evening and I plan on taking red and let him take the other two. I'm not really sure though how powerful/useful green is.

I took red+blue yesterday just for some theory proposes,

the blue is realy meh for shamy, it isnt bad, but with holy radiance, its like godmode!

check log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cjqcc...?s=8456&e=8758

even with dps Messin my BL on the start(i was suposed to be on the other realm as they used the first bl, but some dps was sleepy and delayed that ruining my plan xD)

check the last damage/healing burst, paly with the green buff have done 115k hps on peak(he does like 150k with blue) , i was spaming like hell , and wasnt even close to him.

Green is ok for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslaspule View Post
    @Alltat
    So which one would you pick if healing with shaman + pala?
    Our standard healing team is shaman + paladin, actually, so that's easy to answer: paladin gets red+blue, shaman gets green. The paladin getting the first buff also lets you spend more time doing DPS for the first half of the fight, which helps a lot with the enrage timer.

I'm not really sure though how powerful/useful green is.
    Green is essentially red, but slightly better. It's a +100% healing increase, but while red does the extra healing to the same target (resulting in overhealing, especially on big crits), green spreads it evenly across the raid. Basically, any healing you do (including HoT ticks, item procs, potions, etc.) gets "observed" by the buff, and every second or so it heals the raid for the amount of healing (distributed evenly across the raid) that has been "observed" since the last time it ticked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only use green if I am healing ultraxion. Granted I haven't done heroic mode yet, but the green buff is far more powerful for our aoe as it does proc off healing rain as well as everything else.

Deleted
    Thanks alltat, that information helps alot. So it replicates & distributes the maw & windward heart proc, soulstone uses, mystic potions...? that sounds awesome.

Thanks alltat, that information helps alot. So it replicates & distributes the maw & windward heart proc, soulstone uses, mystic potions...? that sounds awesome.
    Yup. Both red and green affect the healing done by Maw. Haven't done any testing with Windward as we have yet to have one actually ever drop, but I assume it works the same way.