Deleted

Off-topic forum suggestion

Religion seems to come up a lot, and it's against the rules because people have strong opinions of it, often end up in flames, derails threads etc.

I'm wondering if there could be one thread set up for everything regarding religion? Any debates or opinions etc. People asked to post about it in there or don't post it at all, if they felt a religious tangent was relevant they could bring the discussion there etc. The light hearted would of course steer clear. Anything way over the top would be reported.

Thoughts?

EDIT: General Off-topic, that is
    Last edited by mmoc23f1c456d3; 2012-02-13 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    religion discussions nearly always turn into flame wars, i think thats why they're not allowed. people just bash and insult others beliefs and there is never really a discussion.

Yea, making one thread to talk about religion wouldn't solve the main issues that arise with those threads. Mostly being the flaming and trolling that happens, they get out of control very quickly. Not to mention the topic of religion in general is so diverse and ranges on so many different things that I can't even imagine how one all encompassing topic would even work.