Different/unusual meta or team set up thread

I've seen a bunch of "weird build" threads for different champs- which is pretty fun to do, but I want to see other peoples different meta or team set up strategies.

I play with a couple of friends (which is the only way this usually works) and have had some different meta strategies and some pretty fun team comps work.

It's pretty hilarious to see the other team automatically announce "GG" after the loading screen when we lock in as five supports.

Last night we did
    Kayle top
    Sona Mid
    Taric bot
    Nunu/Alistair jungle/bot- I played nunu and kept swapping with Ali between jungling and bot lane

It worked pretty well and we ended up winning with a surrender at 30, essentially just have so much heals that we forced rage quits.

Another fun team comp that screws up the meta is Sion/Taric Mid with an amumu jungler. Sion stun -> taric stun -> bandage toss is a guaranteed gank. Then you can proceed to run up or down the river and bully another lane. Mid will be so afraid to leave their tower after 1-2 of these you can completely deny him creep. If you have a good sustain bot (Morg/Gragas/Kennen) it works pretty well.

Any other fun team comps you try in non ranked?

10+ Year Old Account
    All Ranged. No tank, no support, just all ranged AP and AD carries. Not sure how we won that, but it was a fun game.

In normals, there is often no meta at all. I have seen people insta lock 4 AD carrys without a moment of hesitation. XD

to be honest, I don't think the metagame is for everyone. I rather like just picking whatever I want to play, and not worry another second about it. (hence me playing a fair amount of bot games)

Anyway, went up against a team with warwick and malzahar and their 2 ultimates didn't make the game any easier. Every time I died, it was because I was being surpressed by either one of them, or both... I can imagine a painful match while even more champs have that kind of CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    to be honest, I don't think the metagame is for everyone. I rather like just picking whatever I want to play, and not worry another second about it. (hence me playing a fair amount of bot games)

Anyway, went up against a team with warwick and malzahar and their 2 ultimates didn't make the game any easier. Every time I died, it was because I was being surpressed by either one of them, or both... I can imagine a painful match while even more champs have that kind of CC.
    Quicksilver Sash is your friend
    Last edited by mmoce50d6b7b51; 2012-02-14 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't work when you got both WW and Malz.

We had an AoE team. First off amumu made the team fights with his AoE stun. Then came in kennen. Blitz for cc/ult. and to top it all off Karthus with a side of your choice.( 1 filler spot )

Quote Originally Posted by Ogdaren View Post
    We had an AoE team. First off amumu made the team fights with his AoE stun. Then came in kennen. Blitz for cc/ult. and to top it all off Karthus with a side of your choice.( 1 filler spot )
    katarina? with that set up its freedom for penta-kills for her

Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    to be honest, I don't think the metagame is for everyone. I rather like just picking whatever I want to play, and not worry another second about it.
    I'm not 30 yet, so I only play normals. After losing a couple of Blind picks because we have no initiator, no cc in our setup, no damage you name it, I que for a draft pick. Now, theres so many people who has your attitude right there.(Not saying you do this). Why do people insta lock whatever they feel like playing in Draft pick? Why dont they just go blindpick?:|

Me and my team win in ranked every normal "meta" setup, but almost lose every wierd setups. I quess its the power on takeing someone with suprise.