Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Starcraft!

Hey!

It'll be great if Blizzard start working on World of Starcraft (MMORPG)! Something like WoW but starcraft style (PvP, Raids, Dungeons, Races, Factions, Abilities / Spells, story etc.)

What do you think?
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    isnt there a fan made one of this or something?

Deleted
    They're already working on Titan and probably won't have another mmo out for 5+ years after titan. But hey! We don't know ANYTHING about titan.

Deleted
    I believe they've stated this will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    They're already working on Titan and probably won't have another mmo out for 5+ years after titan. But hey! We don't know ANYTHING about titan.
    Except that it is a NEW IP, aka not World of Star/War/Diablo - Craft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    isnt there a fan made one of this or something?
    Yeah but that's just a Starcraft II mod / scenario and I think blizzard stopped them from making it. I am talking about a serious game project.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be possible competition for SW:ToR for the sci-fi MMO genre.

However, I seriously doubt they will make the same blunder they did with the Warcraft series by turning one of their best RTS titles into yet another MMO that will have the same bitching community within a year.

I would like to Hope Blizzard actually learns from its mistakes, as they rarely used to make them prior to WoW.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-02-13 at 06:32 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer, No

Long answer, I don't want Warcraft to be like WoW in anyway, don't get me wrong WoW is great but I just don't want Starcraft to go down the same road.

Edit: The Starcraft II mod has been in development for quite some time, and hope it just stays a mod and doesn't go much further than that
    Last edited by Warpaladin; 2012-02-13 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Yeah but that's just a Starcraft II mod / scenario and I think blizzard stopped them from making it. I am talking about a serious game project.
    He's back to making it, Blizz freaked out for no reason then actually bothered to look at what he was doing and even invited him to meet with with them at their HQ. And it's actually pretty serious looking if you check out the videos, it looks far better than many "serious" games I've seen released in recent years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    Short answer, No

Long answer, I don't want Warcraft to be like WoW in anyway, don't get me wrong WoW is great but I just don't want Starcraft to go down the same road.
    Agree with you there, they messed up even deathwing's story imo with Boreclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    He's back to making it, Blizz freaked out for no reason then actually bothered to look at what he was doing and even invited him to meet with with them at their HQ. And it's actually pretty serious looking if you check out the videos, it looks far better than many "serious" games I've seen released in recent years.
    You have a link to any of those videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I love that blizzard made this awesome campaign editor for sc2 then some one finally does something cool with it and they close it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some places where you can check out World of Starcraft SC2 mod

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreationArtist25

http://starcraftuniverse.org/

The mod is coming out really nice but we shouldn't expect a release anytime soon.

Well, SC/SC2 are great enough as they are. I think it's right decision for Blizzard to take Warcraft to MMORPG genre because Warcraft 3 has never been as good as SC/SC2 as RTS gameplay wise imo. Let Starcraft2 dominates Esport and keep making xpac for WoW seems like the best way.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-02-13 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would it be cool? Yes.

But it shouldn't happen. The wow style of mmo needs to be made less, not more.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I believe they've stated this will never happen.
    And if we've learned anything since 2004, its that blizzard never goes back on their word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bringitback View Post
    And if we've learned anything since 2004, its that blizzard never goes back on their word.
    I don't know if your being sarcastic or being serious, because this has happened alot in during Blizzard's history of game producing. Anyone remember Starcraft Ghost? How about the original idea of implmenting hero classes in vanilla WoW? (Demon Hunter - Rogue, Ranger -Hunter, Mountain King - Warrior, Knight -Paladin, Bloodmage - Mage etc....)

Blizzard had two issues with World of Starcraft when the author released videos on youtube.

Firstly someone was worried that it was being developed as a stand-alone game, after discovering it was all created in the editor it was fine.

The second problem is the name "World of Starcraft", which is a copyrighted by Blizzard. The name was changed to Starcraft Universe and once again everything is fine.

I could see an MMORPG of Starcraft working out. 3 factions, each faction has a unit, or "class" to work with, and I'd kill to be leveling up as an Ultralisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Would be possible competition for SW:ToR for the sci-fi MMO genre.

However, I seriously doubt they will make the same blunder they did with the Warcraft series by turning one of their best RTS titles into yet another MMO that will have the same bitching community within a year.

I would like to Hope Blizzard actually learns from its mistakes, as they rarely used to make them prior to WoW.
    I'm sorry, what? I loved WC1+2+3 and all, but WoW was, is, and most likely will be their crown jewel for a long time, it most certainly was not a "blunder" that blizzard needs to learn from

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Blizzard's Legal team freaked out, when Blizzard 'themselves' found out they apologized, flew him to their HQ, and offered him a job(Which, I think, he declined). He does have a team now, though.

Also, video!