10+ Year Old Account

Should I buy it?

There's no free trial, and the only friends I know who play it live 2+ hours away...So, can someone give me the pros and cons of the game?

I've watched videos but they don't really help.. comparing the game to wow, what is it most like? and what is very different?

Is like easy mode like wrath? or do you have a feeling of worth when you earn stuff like vanilla and BC had?

Deleted
    WOW with Lightsabers and more Bugs.

Warning - Try being a bit more constructive next time? ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-02-13 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heringer91 View Post
    There's no free trial, and the only friends I know who play it live 2+ hours away...So, can someone give me the pros and cons of the game?

I've watched videos but they don't really help.. comparing the game to wow, what is it most like? and what is very different?

Is like easy mode like wrath? or do you have a feeling of worth when you earn stuff like vanilla and BC had?

Been playing since launch and its been an enjoyable experience. I'll be honest, leveling 1-50 is by far the best thing about this game. I had a lot of fun with the storyline and grew attached to my crew and character. Then you hit level 50 and its more or less a WoW clone. Endgame is clearly shaped on WoW's model that I grew bored after a while. PvP is alright and PvE tanking is alright as well. However, it is very similar to WoW and a lot harder to play with a bit less polish. The Sith juggernaut I play in immortal spec is pretty tricky to tank with and targeting can be a huge pain.

If they come out with some add-ons that help improve the UI I could come back but for now I just log on to earn credits. Buy the game for the lv 1-50 experience and take your time and enjoy the storyline. It's worth the money for that alone and if you like the endgame then great. Just saying if you are bored of endgame in WoW, SW:TOR won't re-kindle your interests.

No point really in asking on these boards, the haters are always waiting for opportunities to talk about how much the game fails and how much they hate it. Better to just try the game out for yourself. I personally love the game and unsubbed from WoW after 3+ years of nonstop play.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We can not make this choice for you. Please visit the guides thread to learn more about specific classes and professions or visit the swtor.com website for more information. Thread closed as this type of topic is considered spam.