Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I can't take this forum any longer!

Seriously guys (and girls),

Can't we just get along? If you do not like this game- stay away from this area! It is that simple. I come here because its an active community with decent moderators that don't punish you for stupid reasons and to actively talk about this game. I don't come here to see thread after thread of bashing for no apparent reason.

If you don't like, just simply don't post. This game has so much potential- positive and negative. It could go either direction but it is far too soon to judge this game. So please... try to limit this pointless bickering because I want to at least READ something appropriate for a change. This forum is turning into WoWs trade chat and I'm getting disgusted. I don't want to go back to the TOR official forums because I hate it there...

I do not know if this thread was appropriate or not, so delete it or lock it if I am out of line. I just wanted to 'type away' some of this anger that has been building up in me. I don't see a need in senseless arguing. Arguing opinions is better left for CNN, not MMO Champion.

If you believe it is only this forum, you're sadly mistaken. The internet as a whole works as such. Asking it to work any other way is futile.

Not that I don't agree.

Agree with your sentiments...but as the poster above me said, welcome to the internet.

If only what people did and said online stuck with them in person...then maybe people would have some decency. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If you believe it is only this forum, you're sadly mistaken. The internet as a whole works as such. Asking it to work any other way is futile.

Not that I don't agree.
    The internet? The whole world works like this.

This forum/community is honestly worse than most, but if it bothers you so much just leave. Problem solved.

No it doesn't and this attitude doesn't help you or anyone else. There are a whole lot more level headed people out there than trolls and overall pricks. They just don't stand out as much as billy onlinebadass who does nothing but talk crap and never has anything positive to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    /snicker .
    Well... I was banned for a period of time on the SWTOR official forums for using the word 'ignorant'. I also got banned for calling someone childish when they were making thread after thread telling people to stop buying the game. So yes, it seems moderators here are a little more level headed (sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    If you don't like, just simply don't post.
    Say good things about the game or don't post? Sorry but there is a middle ground of suggestion and discussion. The biggest problem is the "us" vs. "them" mentality in this forum. Solid discussion gets shouted down by both blind fans and haters alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Say good things about the game or don't post? Sorry but there is a middle ground of suggestion and discussion. The biggest problem is the "us" vs. "them" mentality in this forum. Solid discussion gets shouted down by both blind fans and haters alike.
    Oh I agree with you. I would love a decent discussion! Its how you problem solve (even though we technically can't solve anything). Its just nice to discuss things, pros and cons of course. That is what I wish this forum were about. Right now its either you love the game or it should be crucified and burned to death.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    The internet? The whole world works like this.
    No; the world dosent work like this. If everyone was in a room there would be arguing and bickering for sure; but some guy wouldnt start by saying... Oh I was a developer for XXXX company and I know they are lost and dont know what they are doing BS posts... or I have inside information blah blah balh.... people would have to face repercussions for their actions, you cant just create a new face/body like you can a new handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    This forum/community is honestly worse than most, but if it bothers you so much just leave. Problem solved.
    Ironicly you prove his point.

I'm mad as hell and I"m not going to take this anymore! *takes forum hostage*

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title.

This is, unfortunately, the result of anonymity bringing out the desire for superiority.

The same type of ppl are often the ones so eager to defend or attack the game. What divides them is the ppl on the fanboy band wagon haven't had the issues the pissed off doom and gloom posters have. Sure you have your mix of ppl that will post just to piss in someones cereal, but thats the internet. Cheers to you for trying to even chip away at the way ppl treat each other on forums though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

ROFL if you can't take these forums go look at: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76

that one will make you hate humanity as a whole.

I've never been able to understand fanboys, even the best games have flaws. Deal with it, I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    It gives me a laugh. Mainly when the people who have to profess their hate for the game by spewing out some term some blogger/podcaster/reviewer said when they do not understand what the word means.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

How do you have negative potential?

And this is why it works that way.

People simply say "that's how it is, lol", "accept" it as that and they don't attempt to make a change.

I've heard a few friends claim these forums are a cesspool of rage and whine. And it seems they are right. I'm a patient person, so I manage to wade through it. But I feel sorry for those who cannot. Because these forums seem to be a gathering of the angriest and most whiny, yet stubborn people in the many communities surrounding WoW. *shrug*

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is actually part of the reason I do not post here much anymore. the community we had here pre-launch is pretty much destroyed now. Sad but I move on. I post when i am bored or have some time with nothing to do. not much else.