Deleted

DK's and pre pots and dots.

Festering Strike and dots.

So ive been agruing with a guildie about how the frost fever and blood plague works with festering strike. Ive been hitting a dummy for a while and if i use a strength pot and then get up both diseases and keep it up with festering strike the original damage will stay on until the dot actually wears out ( which it never will), where he says it will go to original dmg once my pot wears out.
    who is right?

sorry if this sounds noobish.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Target dummies are pretty weird when it comes to legitimate numbers, especially when it comes to DoT's. In theory, when you gain a buff whether it be by alchemy, trinket, or class ability, you have to refresh the DoT for it to apply the buff gained. However, when you lose the buff, the next time the DoT "ticks", it will not be supplemented by the now non-existent buff.

Example:

1) Priest uses on-use pvp trinket, gains 200 sp. Applies Shadow Word: Pain. DoT ticks for 800.
    2) On-use pvp trinket fades, Priest loses 200 sp. Without being reapplied, Shadow Word: Pain's next tick hits for 625.

Edit: I can't remember the patch, but it was a while ago that changed this. Probably prior to 4.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% sure how it works with stats, but flat damage bonuses are kept if you keep the DoT rolling. Thats why the initial Rupture from Sub Rogues is stronger then a reapplied one.

That said, I could be really wrong here, but it just seems unlogical to me if stat bonuses aren't handled that way. So my guess is on your version.

Edit: Epiphanes example looks legit, so I actually was wrong wih the stats.
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2012-02-14 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damage of your diseases remains the same as it was at the strength you had when they were applied. Once you lose them or re-apply them, they deal the damage of that strength.

Festering Strike does not reapply them, it merely adds 6s to the duration, so it keeps your str bonus from when it was casted. There was some discussion in the UH thread on Ej a while back about it, its a dps increase to open up the fight with IT/PS and then outbreak when everything is procced(Eye stacks unholy str etc), on static fights like ultra where you can ensure the dot is rolled for a good long time.