RMP with paladin instead of priest?

Any chance of getting glad with this comp? I enjoy playing my pally about 10x more than my priest, both equal geared. We're at 2.1k right now but we have a lot of trouble burning that first target. I'm thinking it's the lack of fear

Deleted
    Only if your a very good player but seeing as ur stuck at 2.1....

I think Priests will always come out top at the higher ratings 2.2K only because Priests are more of an offensive healer compared to a Paladin. Priests have probably one of the most OP spells for Arena , " MANA BURN". You can single handedly nullify the other healer by spamming Mana Burn. 6-7 casts and his mana bar hits 0.

I don't think it is only fear, which is quite handy to have every 20 secs, but it is also the offensive spells that they bring, Mass Dispel, Holy Fire, Mind Blast, Mind Spike. You can finish off low health targets casting 2-3 of those spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I think Priests will always come out top at the higher ratings 2.2K only because Priests are more of an offensive healer compared to a Paladin. Priests have probably one of the most OP spells for Arena , " MANA BURN". You can single handedly nullify the other healer by spamming Mana Burn. 6-7 casts and his mana bar hits 0.

I don't think it is only fear, which is quite handy to have every 20 secs, but it is also the offensive spells that they bring, Mass Dispel, Holy Fire, Mind Blast, Mind Spike. You can finish off low health targets casting 2-3 of those spells.
    in 3s ull never get a mana burn off so it is not a very good spell

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    in 3s ull never get a mana burn off so it is not a very good spell
    No kidding. The second I pop power infusion I get CCd or a dps jumps to me to interrupt MB. It seems like the only reason to go priest over pally is for mass dispel and that alone is hard to justify.

Its actullay funny to read this...To the op no pallies arent nearly as good of a healer as priest especially at high rated play. As was stated priests can get very offensive and a pally well is a pally and has to stand there and eat most cc and spam casted heals if they get behind on healing...To the retard who said its impossible to cast mana burn in a 3's go back to pve you scrub...To the kid who agreed you also go back to pve scrub...To the kid who said your stuck at 2.1k so you mostly wont be able to make it work with a pally +rep...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    No kidding. The second I pop power infusion I get CCd or a dps jumps to me to interrupt MB. It seems like the only reason to go priest over pally is for mass dispel and that alone is hard to justify.
    Well it isn't only Mass Dispel. If someone silences you on your Paladin you are locked out of all your holy spells for 5 secs. You have no other spell you can cast. Probably cast crusader Strike to get Holy Power.

However, as a Priest you learn to fake cast MB, MS, so you don't get locked out of your Holy/Disc Spells. And if you are in range no melee will be able to silence you unless a range have theirs of CD. And it seems highly unlikely if you have another range as they would have used theirs on the other person already.

Put from what I've seen, Priests have a high representation in 2.2K+ than paladins. There is a reason for that. I honestly didn't believe Priests could soak much damage but I saw a few Disc Priest videos today, they can soak a shit ton of damage and also have a few really cool CDs. Most of the Paladin CDs can be dispelled or mages can spell steal them. Especially if they have a priest on their team rest assured you are going to be mana burned and killed.

Paladins make good healers in 2s with their OP beacon and in rated BGs. However, they have a harder time in 3s.

It also doesn't help that every class has stun DR. Priest's ability to go offensive when the RMP is bursting to get the kill and AOE fear is why the P stands for priest. Pallys have neither of those 2 things.

http://hydramist.tv/movies/ watch these, freaking best priest in the world! main reason why i rerolled priest ^^
    Last edited by Welezar; 2012-02-15 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyqt View Post
    Its actullay funny to read this...To the op no pallies arent nearly as good of a healer as priest especially at high rated play. As was stated priests can get very offensive and a pally well is a pally and has to stand there and eat most cc and spam casted heals if they get behind on healing...To the retard who said its impossible to cast mana burn in a 3's go back to pve you scrub...To the kid who agreed you also go back to pve scrub...To the kid who said your stuck at 2.1k so you mostly wont be able to make it work with a pally +rep...
    im a holy pally tht plays at 2600 mmr never been mana burned in 3s and i fight people like hydra

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    Any chance of getting glad with this comp? I enjoy playing my pally about 10x more than my priest, both equal geared. We're at 2.1k right now but we have a lot of trouble burning that first target. I'm thinking it's the lack of fear
    If you're getting stuck at 2.1k I doubt you'll be looking for glad this season.

RMPriest is strong because of their initial burst and ability to dispel pala bubble and the AoE fear, RMPally loses some of that burst and a big chunk off CC and the dispels but you gain HoP (Mage freecasting), Hand of Freedom (Rogue freedom to attack) and Hand of Sacrifice (breaks the pala out of CC) which equals a lot more up-time for the Rogue and Mage. Paladins also require less peels.

I think RMPriest is the better comp due to winning in 5s (this is shown in ratings) but RMPally is still pretty viable.

A team ran it for the NAO tourny and it didn't really compare to normal RMP but obviously it must still be somewhat good as they got into NAO.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Priests have probably one of the most OP spells for Arena , " MANA BURN". You can single handedly nullify the other healer by spamming Mana Burn.
    Never seen a Priest use mana-burn in 3s. Ever. RMP is all about the opener.

doubtful, priest just have so many other skills they can use in area. At almost any situation.