Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yup, this is coming "soon".
    Thanks Chaud

lol whats with the body proportions on that garrosh pic?

I would like to see some analysis on Ulduar achievement dates against the launch date of TOC. Patch 3.2 was rushed out the door very prematurely, and many guilds simply didn't have enough time to finish Ulduar before TOC launched. Ulduar had 14 bosses and was current content for a mere 5 months. I suspect the huge dropoff of Descent into Madness achievements will coincide with the launch date of TOC/TOGC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "Beta" option for the poll?

Chenbo's Art never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    A chart that says bosses get harder the closer you get to the final one...

Intradesting.
    Rather, its a chart that shows people running out of time each week to complete all of the encounters. I see sorry for the developers who worked on Algalon. Soooo few people experiencing your work.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Rather, its a chart that shows people running out of time each week to complete all of the encounters. I see sorry for the developers who worked on Algalon. Soooo few people experiencing your work.
    Shouldn't have released a terribad instance that provided better gear so quickly.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I liked that normal mode was still considered progression in Ulduar, not a week-long setback to the real raid.A lot of people have mentioned this already, but the carrot on a stick is necessary to make people want to get better. If you dont WANT to get better and progress, why do you even raid? Its clearly not for you.

Keep in mind that Ulduar, a rather large raid instance, was only relevant for approximately 3½ months. That's quite literally NOTHING relative to how much time we've had to clear out other raids, and is likely also one of the conributing factors to its great succes. That goes not to say that it would've been any less epic than what it was if it had remained relevant for a longer period of time. To me (and most probably a few/bunch of other people would concur), soley the content and uniqueness of Ulduar would be compelling enough to keep me attached and entertained for at least twice of its "lifespan".
    Last edited by smiff; 2012-02-14 at 06:05 PM.

This argument is so flawed... Algalon is supposed to be a the "hard mode only boss". Algalon was something sort of a really hard goal every hardcore guild dreamed to reach but it wasn't necessary. Therefore about 25% of the people completed the content, which I think is fine.Also the "We didnt have time to clear the instance" is a horrible excuse my guild only raide 3 hours a week and we beat it. Imagine now with raid lock-outs...

I'd be interested to see hard mode progression in ulduar too. My 25man guild was at 5/9 hm when I burned out, but they moved on to I think 7/9 hm before ToC, and later in ToGC they got yogg+0 and algalon. I'll never forget how that Chinese guild "Stars" got yogg+0 before the nerf, when ensidia had thought it impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorz View Post
    the picture you are trying to paint is pretty skewed in my humble opinion and i am not agreeing with the underlying notion that raids should be short and easy or else the whole wow population won't see it. You lost a little respect here.

You normalize the graph based on how many players completed the first 4 bosses in ulduar. This group of players consists of hardcore raiders, their alts, casual players and your trade pug as ulduar was getting pugged non stop for ages with the bad pug stopping after siege and the better pug going a little further, on average.

You then compare this to the algalon that in order to get access to you needed to kill several heroic bosses - and only then did you get 1 hour every week to work on the encounter. It's designed to be done by few, so putting this into this graph to support the notion we should have fewer and/or easier bosses is not something i can sit comfortably with.

Let's look at it another way.

88% of all players stepping into ulduar completed more than half the place (8 bosses or so), regardless of their raid mentality. How is that not good?

More than half of all players completed the harder, later bosses (keepers).

Only a little under 1/4 completed the final boss, yogg-saron. Now, being the end boss after 10-12 other bosses with complex mechanics compared to most earlier bosses i am actually surprised that if you look at all players that ever completed the first 4 bosses in ulduar 1/4 (including your casual joe that got picked up in trade) would actually kill yogg-saron.

Nevermind algalon.
    this^^^^^^
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorz View Post
    The picture you are trying to paint is pretty skewed in my humble opinion and I am not agreeing with the underlying notion that raids should be short and easy or else the whole wow population won't see it. You lost a little respect here.

You normalize the graph based on how many players completed the first 4 bosses in ulduar. This group of players consists of hardcore raiders, their alts, casual players and your trade pug as ulduar was getting pugged non stop for ages with the bad pug stopping after siege and the better pug going a little further, on average.

You then compare this to the Algalon that in order to get access to you needed to kill several heroic bosses - and only then did you get 1 hour every week to work on the encounter. It's designed to be done by few, so putting this into this graph to support the notion we should have fewer and/or easier bosses is not something I can sit comfortably with.

Let's look at it another way.

88% of all players stepping into ulduar completed more than half the place (8 bosses or so), regardless of their raid mentality. How is that not good?

More than half of all players completed the harder, later bosses (keepers).

Only a little under 1/4 completed the final boss, yogg-saron. Now, being the end boss after 10-12 other bosses with complex mechanics compared to most earlier bosses I am actually surprised that if you look at all players that ever completed the first 4 bosses in ulduar 1/4 (including your casual joe that got picked up in trade) would actually kill yogg-saron.

Nevermind Algalon.
    You couldn't be more right or make any more sense. Combine that with how short Ulduars relevancy lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    What, no "Beta" option on the poll? =P As for the ulduar topic, I think blizz is on the right track right now. They obviously have huge reasons to want the majority of their player base to see content. This is LFR, and to some extents, normal difficulty. I feel the hard modes could be a bit more hard, but I doubt many share that opinion.

Ulduar was epic ... didn't matter if you did just 4 or 8 bosses, if you never saw Algalon. It was a respectable raid. Something Blizz has turned away from in favor of cheap and fast.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Where's the "Beta" option for the poll?
    This. Granted, I only played the last 2-3 weeks of the open beta before launch. But it still counts. Still actively playing the paladin I made on launch day, too.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    What, no "Beta" option on the poll? =P As for the ulduar topic, I think blizz is on the right track right now. They obviously have huge reasons to want the majority of their player base to see content. This is LFR, and to some extents, normal difficulty. I feel the hard modes could be a bit more hard, but I doubt many share that opinion.
    Eh they are decently hard however I'm looking at the current things in my brain right now

LFR: Help mode / Basics ( Even though you can ignore 3/4 of the mechanics )
    Normal: Easy
    Hard: Well... the way it's meant to be played

Personally I want the uldaur model back, It's great to see a final boss meant for the people who well obviously wanted to see true end game itself. It was very rewarding and just seeing that door to algalon open was amazing in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar hard modes were a lot more interesting than the new hard mode stuff. The bosses fights completely changed with the different mechanics. Newer stuff, things hit harder, one more ability is introduced, changes things only a little bit.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Ulduar hard modes were a lot more interesting than the new hard mode stuff. The bosses fights completely changed with the different mechanics. Newer stuff, things hit harder, one more ability is introduced, changes things only a little bit.
    Yet only a little bit made the things so unique ( Well some unique ) Which was the core part of why it was good / Amazing and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Yet only a little bit made the things so unique ( Well some unique ) Which was the core part of why it was good / Amazing and such.
    Yep, they were much more innovative. New stuff...not so much.