Will this be a semi decent WoW mouse

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ergoguys-X...Black/13044532

Hello so i am looking at getting that, it has a apparent 3xFire Button, Which i assume i for Shooters, Dunno exactly what kind of button that is .. But i basically want a gaming mouse that has the 2 buttons on the left side and thats in a reasonable price. And that 1 seems to be pretty decent, Just wanna see your opinions on it

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even heard of that brand....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826102065

Is a much better buy.... somehow I get the feeling the one you are looking at is like a Wal-Mart brand or something, definitely not one I'd trust for quality.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

3x fire button... as in 3 round burst from one click of the mouse? Gives me flashbacks of playing against people with rapid fire controllers on Call of Duty. (ohai full-auto M14! ) Also wouldn't that go against the rule in WoW when it comes to botting/automation where you want to stick to one click/button press = one action? (not that you can rapidly fire off 3 spells/abilities in WoW, the GCD/cast times prevent that, but still)

But yeah, I've never heard of that brand, which usually means it's questionable quality. Personally I'd go for the Logitech G400. I used to use the MX518 which was the predecessor to the G400, and it lasted me for about 5 years before I replaced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the G400, definitely another to consider... it and the G500 are some of the best ranked mice right now actually.
    "A flower.

I use this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACE-OF-SWEDE.../dp/B004GV0JAK

It's awesome, if you have bigger hands / wants a heavier mouse.

1. Comes with 2 diffrent grips so you can switch to fit your hand (on the right side of the mouse you know? Depending on how you normally hold it there) http://www.komplett.se/mlf/produkt/d...s/513291/6.jpg (Check that pic .. it explains what I mean).
    2. Comes with weights that you can insert into the mouse to make it lighter / heavier depending on what you prefer.
    3. You can build in diffrent modes so you can switch ingame etc

Only downside I can find is that the 2nd mouse key is abit wierdly placed but you get used to it.

So if you got big hands or just want a heavy mouse, this one is fucking awesome! Tho its expensive.. in sweden its 50 % cheaper >.< atleast thats what I bought mine for.
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2012-02-14 at 09:08 AM.

The consensus seems to be for 2 extra buttons on the side you can't go wrong with the logitech mice.
    At least you seem to have in your mind a clear idea as to what your requirements are, so that certainly helped.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The consensus seems to be for 2 extra buttons on the side you can't go wrong with the logitech mice.
    At least you seem to have in your mind a clear idea as to what your requirements are, so that certainly helped.
    Consensus of whom? I'd take a DeathAdder over any Logicrap mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Consensus of whom? I'd take a DeathAdder over any Logicrap mouse.
    I have an 1800dpi classic Razer DeathAdder, while mine has given me no problems and now lasted over 3 years, I still think it isn't built that well or with quality parts.

Logitech on the other hand is a superior company, however I don't plan to buy parts from either company in the future for any peripheral, there are far better companies that are more dedicated to their art.

Example: Cyborg makes excellent mice, Corsair makes some excellent new mechanical keyboards however I'll likely get one of the more professional ones, I have no intention to buy a headset in the future (Sennheiser headphones anyone?), do I need to say anything more?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree completely.
    Sorry, I spent $60 on my Logitech G15 v2 (orange LED version) back when I got the DeathAdder and it has lasted just as long and is showing no signs of dying on me. $60 is not too bad at all for a keyboard that can stick it out through 3 years of high-usage.

As for the DeathAdder, I have yet to see a higher quality mouse. The parts and the build quality is excellent, nothing Logitech does comes even close. However, it must be said that in general Razer quality is not as high as the DeathAdder would suggest.
    Unfortunately the DeathAdder does not necessarily last so long for everyone, I'm not going to claim that because mine lasted 3 years it should last that long for everyone, that is foolery. If you want to talk "quality" then you need to just look at the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse. Better materials used, better build quality, more features, need I go on?
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-02-14 at 04:13 PM.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sorry, I spent $60 on my Logitech G15 v2 (orange LED version) back when I got the DeathAdder and it has lasted just as long and is showing no signs of dying on me. $60 is not too bad at all for a keyboard that can stick it out through 3 years of high-usage.
    I'm sorry to say I too bought Logicrap G15 v2. As far as keyboards go, it's just as good as the cheapest $20 membrane keyboard. You seem to think quality = not completely breaking down and dying. I find that strange, none of the peripherals I've bought has died ever, that's hardly a reason to say a product is good. As for your G15, try pushing the buttons in the WASD cluster that you hit often, then try hitting one of the keys you never use, you can easily tell the deterioration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup just tested. Yes there's a bit of deterioration. Is it bad? Nope. Now is it worth the $60? If I was to buy one now, I'd be like, idk.... $60 is a lot. Since it has lasted 3 years+ though, I can say I am happy I bought it. Oh and btw I've had peripherals die on me, whether it be that they were just bad from the get-go or long-time usage. Like my mouse, I've torn up and cleaned up my keyboard and it was then pretty much like new and I was happy. Thinking about doing that again perhaps, but the plan is to within a month be buying a professional keyboard - likely the Das Ultimate. ;p

You compare this G15 to $20 keyboards, fine, but do they have the extra features? Yeah omg he brought up tacky gamer-oriented features! HEAVENS TIBETSY!! The G macro keys which I have used in the past, I will miss on the Das, the LED screen was always nice for Ventrilo, however a second monitor pretty much fixes that need, the LED backlit keys are nice in dark lighting, however I never game in the dark anymore, the switch to disable the Windows key is nice, and the media buttons are excellent. Oh and the wrist rest is pleasant. Is all of this worth an extra $40? Probably not, but what can ya do? Anyways, when you in one paragraph say Razer is good and say Logitech is bad, around these parts, your credibility will be highly questioned. At least you fixed it saying that the DeathAdder is the shining jewel from Razer.
    "A flower.

Yup just tested. Yes there's a bit of deterioration. Is it bad? Nope. Now is it worth the $60? If I was to buy one now, I'd be like, idk.... $60 is a lot. Since it has lasted 3 years+ though, I can say I am happy I bought it.
    You could've bought a $20 Logitech and gotten the same experience. They'll last 3 years too (it's exactly the same underlying technology) and deteriorate the same way. Only then you would've had $40 left for a bottle of Scotch or whatever.

Anyways, when you in one paragraph say Razer is good and say Logitech is bad, around these parts, your credibility will be highly questioned. At least you fixed it saying that the DeathAdder is the shining jewel from Razer.
    Quote where I said "Razer is good". I never said anything other than that DeathAdder is an excellent product. In fact, I explicitly said that Razer in general is not as high quality as the DeathAdder. However, Logitech is utter junk. I know it's hard to admit when you've spend tons of money on their gear, but it's simply the truth. I used to buy Logitech crap until I actually went out and started doing some research into the alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've only ever bought 4 Logitech products and 1 Razer product. 2 Logitech $15 headsets that obviously are dead now, the G15 keyboard still in use, the Z2300 2.1 speaker set (actually decent for computer speakers), and then my Razer mouse.

I think I've done well compared to some, who buy countless Razer mice or w.e even though they keep breaking. Really makes me wonder, why buy the Naga 3+ times if it keeps breaking? Oh you want the 20,000 buttons but don't care if you have to spent $60+ every few months to keep it? Well... okay.... =/
    "A flower.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Logitech Mx518 is still the best mouse I've owned.

I got several other ones after that trying to upgrade it, including a WoW Steelserie and a Razer Naga and funny enough, I'm still playing with my old, 10 years old Mx518 which is still going strong. Nothing beats the comfort and simplicity.

Not sure if they have updated the model nowadays, but I have yet to find a better mouse.

I like the MX518 and Vengeance M90 for World of warcraft. (Althought I'd rather choose the M60 for Wow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    My Logitech Mx518 is still the best mouse I've owned.
    (..)
    Not sure if they have updated the model nowadays, but I have yet to find a better mouse.
    The G400 is a direct successor on the concept that was the MX518.
    &nbsp;

I've never even heard of that brand....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826102065

Is a much better buy.... somehow I get the feeling the one you are looking at is like a Wal-Mart brand or something, definitely not one I'd trust for quality.
    A4tech is great , they use great switches and their sensors are good. They also have some pretty sweet button features - Doubleclick, 180degree turns and so on.
    They just have crap finish on the plastic, bad paint and are easily disassemble-able, i broke one after disassembling it way too much for fun.
    A4tech doesnt have Any marketing to speak of whatsoever, but they make decent products.
    Would defo recommend, but not from walmart, a4tech mice are usually cheaper then that.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-02-14 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    I disagree completely.

As for the DeathAdder, I have yet to see a higher quality mouse. The parts and the build quality is excellent, nothing Logitech does comes even close. However, it must be said that in general Razer quality is not as high as the DeathAdder would suggest.

* Edit: Don't hate bro.
    Logicrap?

My 6 year old G5 mouse and G11 keyboard say hi, especially when they work as if bought yesterday