Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The classes I wanted to play have all been switching around except the Engineer, It's always been the most appealing to me. So much variety with tool kits and other utilities in general. I love it.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Yep. I was set on going elementalist first, but I am changing to engi and ranger. The engi looks so much fun ... I want the big backpack and throw exploding stuff at ppl and run around with flamethrower like rumble from LoL. Or the pistol/shield ... I wouldn't want to target anyone carrying that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I wish this game was out already ugh >_<! So many combos and ideas come to mind for Engineer that I wanna test out how viable they are. I was watching the yoggcast WvWvW video and around 7:30 into the 2nd part the supply keep has a choke point that just SCREAMS minefield potential. Hehe just think of it, 2 engineers planting their 5 mines in that chokepoint, then arranging some flame turrents hiding behind the pillars (and/or a Thumper turrent to overcharge and knock invaders down), then just lob grenades while allies can use your mortar to just layer sooooo much AE splash damage /drool. Nasty nasty defense that'll hurt anyone trying to rush in hehe.

Was also wondering how the Napalm (Flamethrower kit) ability works, like does it constantly damage the foe if they stay in it (what I hope for) or is it just a enter/leave take damage/blind thing? Wish someone would test this out in the next beta (hint hint), would make for an interesting soloing tactic (pvp too but less effective), drop a napalm line, run to one end of it, target npc, Backdraft(flamethrower) to pull em into the fire (and hopefully several tics of damage if it works how I wish it does), Flame Jet (flamethrower), Air Blast (flamethrower) pushing em through the entire wall again, switch to Tool Kit and Magnet / Pry Bar for a repeat. Maybe im just hoping too much but damn that combo would be pretty amazing if the Napalm lasted long enough Soooo many possibilities, already loving Engineers and overhyping em too much in my mind hehe.

i just want the pistol to apply confusion to groups and blind my target. While also burning with the incendiary ammo, bleeding with explosive shot, poisoning and throwing a booma-wrench that slows. No need to weapon swap for any of that. All while being defensively buffed by a shield and have the ability to swap to grenades, flamethrower, or tool kit.

seen here: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0a9ua1acafarbk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    i just want the pistol to apply confusion to groups and blind my target. While also burning with the incendiary ammo, bleeding with explosive shot, poisoning and throwing a booma-wrench that slows. No need to weapon swap for any of that. All while being defensively buffed by a shield and have the ability to swap to grenades, flamethrower, or tool kit.

seen here: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0a9ua1acafarbk
    Damn the burning would be nice to have with the pistol Aghhh can't decite till I try all that in action.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    Was also wondering how the Napalm (Flamethrower kit) ability works, like does it constantly damage the foe if they stay in it
    It damage ticks if they stand in it IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    switch to Tool Kit and Magnet / Pry Bar
    I was meaning to post that before but couldn't remember what I was going to post when I had the chance
    It will definitely be a fun combo. A good way to cause havoc too if you're near a cliff edge too
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-03-19 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the Rifle as the choice of a raw-damage weapon, while dual-pistol appears to be more utility-centric with a wide variety of conditions to apply. (Shield is obviously a more defensive form of utility)

I didn't see the point in using the Rifle when I can throw grenades instead. I might even decide not to bother with the Rocket Turret, and instead get one last kit with the Flamethrower. But I'm not sure if I want to have so many different kits to choose from in one build. :S
    The only reason I even went with the Med Kit for my heal was cause it put a heal on my toolbelt, while also being able to help the group with healing and condition removal (and also gives a self-buff skill, whereas the elixir H applies a random condition at the same time as healing, seems to be a little more bothersome)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Didn't like the idear of an engieener in the beginning and their profession video on the GW2 website didn't make it better. That one was/is really bad, but after seing the engineer in play on Youtube, I'm starting to like it. It looks very fun to play with all the turrets and stuff.

All 3 regular weapon setups seem to be more about control and supplementary damage/conditions rather than sheer output. Rifle for single target control, dual pistols for single target dots and blind with aoe immoblize/small splash damage and stun on 2nd target, pistol + shield for extra defense with daze/stun and projectile reflect. Even traiting into firearms it seems you'll want some help from turrets/potions and/or have the flamethrower kit handy for the toolbet skill + fire wall if you're looking to pump out damage with guns. Of course beta is still beta, and crappy press beta players are crappy, but rifle/pistol weapon sets are looking a bit weak. It seems like either the kits are intended to be more powerful, or the guns are in for another numbers tweak.

The engineer is definitely the one for me cant wait to chucks some grenades, set people on fire, and blow them away with my rifle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodapopinski View Post
    All 3 regular weapon setups seem to be more about control and supplementary damage/conditions rather than sheer output. Rifle for single target control, dual pistols for single target dots and blind with aoe immoblize/small splash damage and stun on 2nd target, pistol + shield for extra defense with daze/stun and projectile reflect. Even traiting into firearms it seems you'll want some help from turrets/potions and/or have the flamethrower kit handy for the toolbet skill + fire wall if you're looking to pump out damage with guns. Of course beta is still beta, and crappy press beta players are crappy, but rifle/pistol weapon sets are looking a bit weak. It seems like either the kits are intended to be more powerful, or the guns are in for another numbers tweak.
    A lot of the guns damage comes from damage over time, like poison/burn. So...
    Myself I'm going double gun for the utility, then what kits etc I'll be using I'll see ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if all the traits that specifically say "explosions" will also affect the rocket turret.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rifle gives you that sweet Jump Shot for escapability/gap-closing/getting to hard to reach places though!

I think that the tool kit literally named "tool kit" is so underrated its not funny, not once have i seen people talking about a build that includes flamethrower and toolkit at the same time though it provides the best control over your enemy in the game, PvP wise this will probably be the most prominent build getting flamethrower/tool kit/bomb kit providing you with so much CC that for instance a longbow archer would be royally screwed over every time they saw you. I mean really, if your rock a flamethrower/tool kit the will never be in the place the want to be. Using the tool kit's grip to pull the ranger in, bait out the weapon swap and pushing them away will give you a totally useless ranger that you can just dominate Same goes for warriors, thieves, mesmers and guardians. Most elementalist and mesmer builds would be the bane of this playstyle.

Example build - http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...aaacafb0bfbibk

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't doubt that any Engineer build I use will have the Tool Kit. It's too kick-ass. Come on, who doesn't want to magnetically pull an enemy into you, and then launch them away with a pry bar?!

Currently leaning towards something like this.

Seems to have a bit of everything, I guess, which is why I like it. I'm hoping the traits that give boosts to explosions will also work with the rocket turret attacks.

I'll probably end up switching it out for Rocket Boots either way.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-25 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avryn View Post
    I think that the tool kit literally named "tool kit" is so underrated its not funny, not once have i seen people talking about a build that includes flamethrower and toolkit at the same time though it provides the best control over your enemy in the game, PvP wise this will probably be the most prominent build getting flamethrower/tool kit/bomb kit providing you with so much CC that for instance a longbow archer would be royally screwed over every time they saw you. I mean really, if your rock a flamethrower/tool kit the will never be in the place the want to be. Using the tool kit's grip to pull the ranger in, bait out the weapon swap and pushing them away will give you a totally useless ranger that you can just dominate Same goes for warriors, thieves, mesmers and guardians. Most elementalist and mesmer builds would be the bane of this playstyle.
    Gotta agree with this. The tool kit is ,no contest, my favorite kit. Great utilities along with the idea of beating people down with a wrench, Terrific.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    launch them away with a pry bar?!
    It's lucky there's no macros, because you'd all have to put up with my:

/cast pry bar
    /yell Get off my lawn!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Gotta agree with this. The tool kit is ,no contest, my favorite kit. Great utilities along with the idea of beating people down with a wrench, Terrific.
    I predict many Asura players named Heimerdinger, or some variation there of.

FOR GREAT SCIENCE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's lucky there's no macros, because you'd all have to put up with my:

/cast pry bar
    /yell Get off my lawn!!!
    That's no problem... But I don't think GW2 has yelling? But they got "local" (i.e. /say but for larger area).
    Get a Razer Naga or such, programe it to do "/s Get off my lawn!!!" and you'll be good to go!

I'm not sure about the flamethrower. I heard it sucks and blows.