Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The defensive capability that the class offers is what I find most appealing as well. Having a nice offensive ability back up would be nice in the 3rd utility slot, so maybe Flamethrower.. perhaps grenades/bombs if they offer faster damage than the mine kit.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    The defensive capability that the class offers is what I find most appealing as well. Having a nice offensive ability back up would be nice in the 3rd utility slot, so maybe Flamethrower.. perhaps grenades/bombs if they offer faster damage than the mine kit.
    grenades and bombs are more for offensive area control rather than defensive
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  3. #43
    High Overlord Marn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    165
    For the elite skill, I thought Supply Crate sounded interesting. I've seen some explanations describing it as dropping a bunch of flamethrower kits for everyone, which is great because hey, who wouldn't want a flamethrower? It might have other effects as well though, maybe it will be expanded to also drop "supplies" for use in world vs world. Now, you could say that's a little advantageous for them but, at the same time that would not be quite as useful in a dungeon or out in the world doing dynamic events. (So it will probably just give non-engineers flamethrowers.)

    Personally I am curious and excited about the asuran battle-suits that they get as a racial utility skill, I LOVE seeing videos with those huge war golems spinning around and wailing on bandits!
    edit: not an engineer-only utility...but hey that census says that a lot of engineers are going to be charr (the "original" engineers) or asura, and I love the sort of personal story aspects of an asura building his or her own battle golems and whatnot.
    Last edited by Marn; 2012-02-18 at 07:22 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    It's really hard to pass the judgement on this ability without considering the circumstances.

    I mean, in structured PvP if you are a roamer Elixir X can really shine, because it makes you unpredictable and it's only down to your skill if you can adapt and use the gained boon to your advantage. Of course, if your role is defending the points it's less optimal. So yeah, it's all about what is your objective.
    Good point, being unpredictable has its advantage. I can imagine people being hesitant to go toe to toe with an Elementalist if they know he can turn into a raging Tornado any second. But with the Engineer they just dont know whats going to happen.

    Still, in the end i think the inability to set up for your Special will come back to bite you. You cant set up the situation for high damage and reliably get Quickening Zephyr for the haste buff to get extra damage. You cant reliable lure people into small areas to unleash a Tornade. You cant reliable sneak past a group with Stealth.

    Its just a "ow shit im in trouble, just pop it, see what i get and make the best of it". Its skillfull to adept to it as an Engineer, but there is no skill involved in picking a situation where you want to use it as the effects are so diffirent they are each beneficial to specific situations. But you dont know what you are getting so you cannot make a reliable strategy that involves Elixer X.

  5. #45
    Can't wait to see other Engineer's elite skills, especially the mortar :O. I saw pretty cool concept art of it some time ago, it was from the same artist who already have his armour and weapon skins implemented in game, so there is a good chance mortar is in there also - heh one can hope.

    It would be sick in WvWvW :']

  6. #46
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Engineer has mortar as an elite skill!!!!!!!!!!!

    Best part of it is that your allies can use it too :O... Also we we have "personal battering ram" - I mean, life can't get any more better :'].

    Engineer = one man army /salute

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Engineer has mortar as an elite skill!!!!!!!!!!!

    Best part of it is that your allies can use it too :O... Also we we have "personal battering ram" - I mean, life can't get any more better :'].

    Engineer = one man army /salute
    /evilgrin

  8. #48
    TB is killing me with this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Ck...HP8h9NP3QwvLCW
    All i want is the same thing but for the engineer.
    right meow!

  9. #49
    Dreadlord Ecstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Between the sacred silence and sleep
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Engineer has mortar as an elite skill!!!!!!!!!!!

    Best part of it is that your allies can use it too :O... Also we we have "personal battering ram" - I mean, life can't get any more better :'].

    Engineer = one man army /salute

    I am excited about this as well.

    Only thing that doesn't feel right is the smallish range of the Mortar.

    It would probably be OP to have high range.

    Regardless, I am still waiting for a TB's video a'la Mesmer on the Engineer...
    Did I just miss it or what?

    Also, besides the skill preview, that was on same video with Elementalist ones, was there any other input for the Engineer? I saw nothing :/
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

  10. #50
    It's on the One Thread, but thought I'd post it here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

    Yogscast Engineer highlight. It's a bit more of an 'Info for the uninformed' type of video, but it does show off the Shield, and a couple of the forms from the Elite ability Elixir X
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,635
    My Engineer will be-

    -Vren Nightbane
    -Human
    -Male
    -My most useful tool is my panscopic monocle.
    -I was raised by common folk.
    -One of my biggest regrets is that I never recovered my sister's body.
    -Everyone said I was blessed by Lyssa when I was young.


    I will of course be using Rifle and dual Pistols. But I will be making use of the Flamethrower, Grenades, and other Kits/Satchels.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    My Engineer will be-

    -Vren Nightbane
    Beware of name stealers! Also, Nightbane sounds more of a Thief name.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Beware of name stealers! Also, Nightbane sounds more of a Thief name.
    I have him saved already (GW1 linked to HoM), unless it doesn't count for GW2.

    Either way, I have a plethora of names. :P

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I have him saved already (GW1 linked to HoM), unless it doesn't count for GW2.

    Either way, I have a plethora of names. :P
    How many names can you save?!

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    How many names can you save?!
    There are 8 characters slots in GW1 if you buy all the expansions. I have all 8 saved that I want.

    Can I transfer a Guild Wars character to Guild Wars 2?

    No, but you will be able to reserve character names and transfer some achievements to GW2 through the Hall of Monuments.
    Source- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freq...sked_Questions

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    It's on the One Thread, but thought I'd post it here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

    Yogscast Engineer highlight. It's a bit more of an 'Info for the uninformed' type of video, but it does show off the Shield, and a couple of the forms from the Elite ability Elixir X
    I found it disapointing to watch. I understand they had only a limited time playtesting diffirent professions. But that video showed off so little about the Engineer, it looked dull. Because alot of the really cool Kitts werent shown. No Elixergun, no Grenades, no mortar, no Toolkit. Just the less interesting Bomb kitt and the Flamethrower we have all seen a thousand times before.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    There are 8 characters slots in GW1 if you buy all the expansions. I have all 8 saved that I want.

    Source- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freq...sked_Questions
    No offense, but I believe it's utter trash that people can save up to 8 names. 1 or 2 would be great; even if it required people to be max level and finish all the campaigns I think it's pretty ridiculous. I have several names I want to use, but I know in GW1 they are taken. Guess I have to hope no one saved the names.

    And no, I don't mean I saw some people in game and was like 'OH I want that name' and was planning to take it.

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    No offense, but I believe it's utter trash that people can save up to 8 names. 1 or 2 would be great; even if it required people to be max level and finish all the campaigns I think it's pretty ridiculous. I have several names I want to use, but I know in GW1 they are taken. Guess I have to hope no one saved the names.

    And no, I don't mean I saw some people in game and was like 'OH I want that name' and was planning to take it.
    Well, it's a perk to being one of their customers for so long I guess.

    Plus I've had these names for a bit too. I had re-upped back in early 2011, after a hiatus.

  19. #59
    Charr Engineer reporting in here.


    This class looks aesthetically and mechanically (no pun intended) appealing to me as it is only further enhanced by a great deal of individuality.


    Also, firearms and explosives-- a man's tools in war.

  20. #60
    oh my,half the Engineers in-game will be Charrs. At least they are not Asuras

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •