Stop posting from your phone! :O
    no that order was intended

image: glued to the floor and you rip their body away, the skin stays
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Daze prevents you from using any skill. Including heals.
    I didnt compare blind to daze but the blind to blind. But it wasnt easy to read.

Whatever the case, we simply dont know at this point. Maybe the Bomb Kit is just fine the way it is, my concerns are merely based on limited playthrough footage and the available know-how on how the bombs work.

Still, i believe the bomb kit should be pretty functional even without traits seeing as its available pretty early on i think, where you can get the skillpoints to unlock it but not have gotten a single traitpoint. If its not, then it needs work.
    The blast radius is not so much for hitting multiple targets, but simply increasing the chance your primairy target is still in range to get hit. Simply evading close combat with an Engineer that throws the bomb kit on his back is an effective way to deal with it.

Imagine being melee and having to hit someone, only whenever you swing your big 2h your target still has to be their a second or two later. If not, you miss. In a game with such mobility as GW2 its not hard to see that this might pose a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    no that order was intended

image: glued to the floor and you rip their body away, the skin stays
    Ewwww....

That's almost worse.

I don't think the bomb kit is fine as it is, because I find the idea of dropping bombs between your legs to be something nobody should ever be willing to do. I was just pointing out that what the bomb does is different enough that it would still be different from grenades or from mines.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ewwww....

That's almost worse.

I don't think the bomb kit is fine as it is, because I find the idea of dropping bombs between your legs to be something nobody should ever be willing to do. I was just pointing out that what the bomb does is different enough that it would still be different from grenades or from mines.
    That drake... is why you drop them between your legs and keep moving xD

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 04:31 PM ----------

is that when you rip their body off their skin like an old bandaid?
    Yes, yes it is!

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I didnt compare blind to daze but the blind to blind. But it wasnt easy to read.

Whatever the case, we simply dont know at this point. Maybe the Bomb Kit is just fine the way it is, my concerns are merely based on limited playthrough footage and the available know-how on how the bombs work.

Still, i believe the bomb kit should be pretty functional even without traits seeing as its available pretty early on i think, where you can get the skillpoints to unlock it but not have gotten a single traitpoint. If its not, then it needs work.
    The blast radius is not so much for hitting multiple targets, but simply increasing the chance your primairy target is still in range to get hit. Simply evading close combat with an Engineer that throws the bomb kit on his back is an effective way to deal with it.

Imagine being melee and having to hit someone, only whenever you swing your big 2h your target still has to be their a second or two later. If not, you miss. In a game with such mobility as GW2 its not hard to see that this might pose a problem.
    Yeah, but half your swings don't leave an effect behind after they go off... glue bomb, fire bomb, smoke bomb, all leave a field behind after they blow up, and you don't get to have your attack go off and hit a pretty nasty range of people the 3 seconds you use it, you usually will hit 1 MAYBE 2 targets, the bomb is likely to hit at the very least 2 people if it's in a team fight... you know, having a radius range of 120...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-04-09 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Another thing to possibly improve bombs is to make them mobile. Not thrown, roll. Imagine, set a bomb down and by default it stays put. Then you whack or kick it (hopefully without setting them off. Though that would be fun to have a small % chance to backfire doing this), it topples over and starts rolling slowly in the direction you were facing.

Graphically, the bomb would have to be a ball or a barrel shape, put on its side. I suppose the barrel could be set on one end, but then when it starts rolling, the shift from upright to on its side would be a bit weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Another thing to possibly improve bombs is to make them mobile. Not thrown, roll. Imagine, set a bomb down and by default it stays put. Then you whack or kick it (hopefully without setting them off. Though that would be fun to have a small % chance to backfire doing this), it topples over and starts rolling slowly in the direction you were facing.

Graphically, the bomb would have to be a ball or a barrel shape, put on its side. I suppose the barrel could be set on one end, but then when it starts rolling, the shift from upright to on its side would be a bit weird.
    What the bombs remind me of (in their appearance at least) is the goron powder kegs from legend of zelda majoras mask xD, i'd love to be able to just pick up one of the bombs and hurl them at someone, maybe knock them down if you hit them or something... ah that'd be fun, but i feel it'd be a bit OP lol
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account

something like this?
    The Original Ganksta

Though I personally have no problem with the way bombs look now, if it was really felt to be necessary to change them this is exactly how I want them to do it. Giving you area control directly around you or having the option to roll them forward to try and force your enemy to move. Great idea except backfiring, when they made engineering tinkers able to backfire in raids in WoW I was so annoyed. Being able to die just for using your profession to the fullest is bleh.

From the videos I've seen the bombs seem to be barrel shaped so rolling doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

So you would kick them bomberman style? That could work too.

It would be good for defending a hill with limited paths up: just roll them down at random intervals. I would definitely use the bomb kit if we could do that.

10+ Year Old Account

Make it proximity-based rolling, similar to Maokai's saplings in LoL. >D
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it proximity-based rolling, similar to Maokai's saplings in LoL. >D
    Nah, his CHASE the enemy >D!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, his CHASE the enemy >D!
    That's what I'm getting at. If they worked similar to Maokai saplings, suddenly bombs > mines, except that mines provide pure damage... techies style.

Nah, the homing feature would be reserved for a missile launcher kit that they will roll out later

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the homing feature would be reserved for a missile launcher kit that they will roll out later
    That would be a ranged weapon though, bombs would be more like "teeheehee, laying some funny traps..."

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a ranged weapon though, bombs would be more like "teeheehee, laying some funny traps..."
    I'm gonna prance around with the bomb kit now just to troll people by getting them to run into my bombs xD

Hmm, short range, slow homing traps? That could work. Although it would have to be separate from bombs, since graphically they couldn't be the same.

Incidentally, how big are the bombs, especially the super one? Is it bigger than an Asura? That would be pretty funny, taking out and setting bombs and turrets bigger than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    So grenades, bombs and mines all explode, but...
    -Grenades explode on impact of being thrown & apply a condition
    -Bombs explode after a set amount of time & apply a condition
    -Mines explode when someone steps on them OR when remotely detonated

Bombs not being throwable makes sense...volatile compounds have a habit of exploding when shaken or otherwise jostled. That's why you lay them with care, in the hopes that your enemies soon will be there! Also, bombs might be quite useful vs doors and walls and so on, depending on how much siege damage they do, or whether explosions are granted multipliers vs structures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    That's why you lay them with care, in the hopes that your enemies soon will be there!
    night before christmas: bomberman edition?
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    night before christmas: bomberman edition?

lol glytch i swear sometimes we're on the same brainwave, and then other times we can't agree on ANYTHING...