Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea, turrets deal damage when detonated. The Accelerant-Packed Turrets trait that makes them explode when killed just means when an enemy or something hostile kills them.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

I see, wish I knew if the damage was any good or not. Also do you happen to know if turrets scale at all with equipment stats and such? And gain effects from things like trigger effects from traits or runes?

I'd assume they do but I'm really not a huge turret guy so I didn't play with them much, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    I see, wish I knew if the damage was any good or not. Also do you happen to know if turrets scale at all with equipment stats and such? And gain effects from things like trigger effects from traits or runes?
    Turrets, if treated the same way as pets which im pretty sure they are, all have their own stats which do not scale (anymore) off your own, however these stats are much higher then they used to in order to compensate for the loss of your stats but make the turrets more distinct instead of more like you. IE: flame turret is now REALLY offensive, where thumper is really tanky.

Turrets, which are separate entities, do not benefit from things that say "when you do X" bexause they are not you.

PS: I -could- be wrong, and turrets may not be considered pets, but everything I've seen with them says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel like they need to put in a new unarmed kit, now that there's no Mine Kit. But I can't, for the life of me, think of anything unarmed. I can think of rocket launcher and sniper rifle and stun baton... that's really about it. All of which would be armed.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I will copy/paste this text tonight during the Stress Test as bug report :

"Fix the enginner class
    . Flamethrower : swap Flame Jet and Flame Blast. Flame Blast becomes ennemy targeted and deals burning on explosion.
    . Flamethrower : Backdraft pulls foes.
    . Grenade Stachel : attacks 1-2 are ennemy targeted, radius 150; attacks 3-5 are ground targeted, radius 240.
    . Elixir Gun : improve healing from super elixir.
    . All kits get an auto-attack.
    . Kits and turrets damage scale with main weapon.
    . Turrets can fire up and down.
    . Mortar : improve damage and range. Reduce Kit duration.
    . Elixir X : transform into a poisonous chemical mutant with melee abilities.
    . Traits : Explosion Radius and Explosive Powders also boost Grenades radius and damage."

I swear, dicking around with elixir X will probably be the most fun I will have as an engineer. Sure it is random out of two affects, but it has a base cooldown of 120 seconds, opposed to the 180 that both rampage and tornado have. Throw in the elixir cooldown reduction and you can use it every 98 seconds.

I think the randomness is worth almost half the cooldown...
    Besides, you don't pop it hoping for one of the abilities, you pop it when you see a use for both and play off of it. You can even class these situations much looser due to the shorter cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by mccord View Post
    Racial utility skills now have proper toolbelt skills: wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tool_belt#Asura_skills
    The charr booby trap... oh my god...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Um... if you list all the utility skill elixirs you get:
    Elixir S
    Elixir C
    Elixir R
    Elixir U
    Elixir B
    I nearly fell out of my chair when I figured it out. The jokes and ideas around the engineer are so hilarious.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-08-09 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. Any major news from the people who tried Engineer today?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

sadly, no. Just played a match or 2 to make sure my beloved class was still awesome (it was) and didn't notice much different.

Deleted
    I was playing an engineer and enjoyed it more than a Warrior. When i equiped two pistols i didn't see much of a difference if any at all and it didn't seem to use the offhand pistol at all... what's the benefit of equipping two pistols as opposed to a shield and a pistol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I was playing an engineer and enjoyed it more than a Warrior. When i equiped two pistols i didn't see much of a difference if any at all and it didn't seem to use the offhand pistol at all... what's the benefit of equipping two pistols as opposed to a shield and a pistol ?
    Offhand pistol offers burning, cripple, and immobilize. Shield offers defensive utility. Daze/stun and reflect to a lesser extent could also be used offensively.

Pistol is better if you're going for a condition build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Different stats, as well as deciding which skills are in the 4th and 5th slot.

I do find myself wishing that dual-wielding offensive weapons would at least alter the auto-attack animation, if not improve the actual skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Different stats, as well as deciding which skills are in the 4th and 5th slot.

I do find myself wishing that dual-wielding offensive weapons would at least alter the auto-attack animation, if not improve the actual skill.
    It does make the first skill better... Off Han weapons(not shields) have damage ranges that will boost your damage accross the board while equipped.... However I do wish you'd use your off hand weapon a bit more then just the 4 and 5 attacks IE chain attacks use both instead of just 1....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Downed #3 for Engi is no long a self-destruct. You just do a massive explosion to all nearby targets, or something like that.

So Downed #3 for Engi is no long a self-destruct. You just do a massive explosion to all nearby targets, or something like that.
    It's an aoe knockback.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been like this since I believe BwE2...

Deleted
    Like for most classes, you can check some recent leaked changes here : http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...n/patch_notes/

Trying to bump this thread so it doesn't die, since I'm still quite interested in the engineer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    Like for most classes, you can check some recent leaked changes here : http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...n/patch_notes/

Trying to bump this thread so it doesn't die, since I'm still quite interested in the engineer.

Hehe, I'm also interrested. I love all the combinations you can do (not Crossprofession thingy, but the other ones) - Makes a very high skillcap which is fun (love the challenge)
    Though, Ranger, Necro and Ele also knocks on the door... What to choose!?!? haha :P
    Thanks for link!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Hehe, I'm also interrested. I love all the combinations you can do (not Crossprofession thingy, but the other ones) - Makes a very high skillcap which is fun (love the challenge)
    Though, Ranger, Necro and Ele also knocks on the door... What to choose!?!? haha :P
    Thanks for link!
    It's been Necro and Engineer, back and forth for me. I want to settle for the necro for now, but I miss my engineer as well. I like to have only 1 main character, so it's been hard :P. I like elementalists (It was the profession I thought I'd play before bwe1), but their popularity puts me off the class.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9111e302; 2012-08-13 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    It's been Necro and Engineer, back and forth for me. I want to settle for the necro for now, but I miss my engineer as well. I like to have only 1 main character, so it's been hard :P. I like elementalists (It was the profession I thought I'd play before bwe1), but their popularity puts me off the class.
    I've got to say the same. I don't like being the most played profession, I prefer to be the underdog. But I thought like "hey, I can be the underdog of my build!?" and I got a bit pumped on Ele again.
    I'll do them all obv. and nicely since I'm a PvPer in my heart I can go the other one with no bigger problem (grind gear? Oh no... that was the old life of MMO-PvP when rerolling! )

I just want a main as you :P