Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
53
... LastLast
  1. #841
    I had a chance to play engineer for 4 hours on one of the last stress tests. It seems like with their second healing ability swap, the med kit, they could be the closest thing to a true healer. It was worthless on the story arc mission because the NPCs would not use them. It would be really enjoyable to use with other players. I could not level fast enough to unlock flamethrower > <. I could see really enjoying this class.

  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    It also looks like they cut teh bomb radius in half. Thats a kick in the teeth, goodluck actually hitting anyone with that. And once again, a kit needs massive traiting to be remotely usefull.
    Did that change take place before or after the last stress test? I mean, are there some people that tried the bomb kit with the reduced radius in pvp to see if their bombing strategies were too hard with it?

  3. #843
    Blademaster Chaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    Did that change take place before or after the last stress test? I mean, are there some people that tried the bomb kit with the reduced radius in pvp to see if their bombing strategies were too hard with it?
    When I was playing my grenadier / explosions aoe build, I did not notice any nerf to the bomb radius. I tried it both with and without the increased radius traits - smoke bombs had the same radius as freakin' meteor storm (traited).

    Edit: And this was the current, most recent build available for testing.
    Last edited by Chaith; 2012-08-20 at 10:20 AM.

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    Did that change take place before or after the last stress test? I mean, are there some people that tried the bomb kit with the reduced radius in pvp to see if their bombing strategies were too hard with it?
    It was a tooltip correction, range hasnt actually changed as far as i could find out.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    It was a tooltip correction, range hasnt actually changed as far as i could find out.
    Good news then Thanks!

  6. #846
    Just noticed today that grenades are target bound underwater, like a homing missile. They're incredibly fun to use in the new battleground.

    The tool kit also seemed to be much stronger. I was getting constant 2k crits on the normal attack, with 4k at the end of the chain with a power build. The push back is also a 4k crit and coupled with throw wrench (2k crits x2) and the lightning discharges from the toolbelt trait, it's great burst.
    Last edited by Shalla; 2012-08-22 at 11:39 AM.

  7. #847
    Some disapointments:

    -Kits still do not have an autocast function properly integrated. Not by default, and if you set it its cleared everytime you unequip the kit. So have to keep setting it over and over. Very anoying.

    -Kits also do not benefit from Sigils.

    -Flamethrower conal-channel (ability 1, and i assume the same for Elixirgun 5) still doesnt work properly. Especially against smaller targets it seems to miss A LOT.

    -Rocketboots still randomly fail, and have you bounce in place. Essentially CCing yourself and nothing else.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-08-25 at 08:26 PM.

  8. #848
    There is also a pesky problem with the medikit. If you press the button that activates it, it appears. If you press it again, you don't get your normal weapon again as with the other kits. You need to press the weapon changing button to get back your weapon skills. That wasn't the case in the stress tests. I hope it's a bug and they'll fix it

  9. #849
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,246
    I'm having a great time playing engineer at the moment. Without any gap closers or ranged CC NPCs will never have a chance at catching me with all my nifty utility. I'm having a good time playing glass cannon against melee in PvE and PvP, though Im still only level 25 and have yet to experience much of the world.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-08-28 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #850
    Another thing i found out, and this is perhaps the worst one yet. Whenever you equip a Kit you effectively unequip your real weapon, and you lose all the stats you gained from that weapon.

    So any stat on your equiped weapon(s) are gone while you use a kit. Power, condition damage, vitality, toughness whatever. You drop down in stats.
    I found this out when i wanted to get a more durable build and i used a Rifle with high toughness and vitality, but when i switched to my Elixirgun i noticed the health i previously gained was once again gone. Didnt take much testing to see this applied to all stats. So much for getting some extra survability.

    This only further pushes kits into just something you quickly switch to for a specific ability (CC, boon, condition w/e) and then back to the REAL weapon. Of which you only have two...
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-08-28 at 01:40 PM.

  11. #851
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,246
    Regarding the engineering trait "tools", is the tool belt you have as an engineer the abilities with the default keybinds f1,f2, f3 and f4?

  12. #852
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Regarding the engineering trait "tools", is the tool belt you have as an engineer the abilities with the default keybinds f1,f2, f3 and f4?
    Yup. 10chars
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  13. #853
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Another thing i found out, and this is perhaps the worst one yet. Whenever you equip a Kit you effectively unequip your real weapon, and you lose all the stats you gained from that weapon.

    So any stat on your equiped weapon(s) are gone while you use a kit. Power, condition damage, vitality, toughness whatever. You drop down in stats.
    I found this out when i wanted to get a more durable build and i used a Rifle with high toughness and vitality, but when i switched to my Elixirgun i noticed the health i previously gained was once again gone. Didnt take much testing to see this applied to all stats. So much for getting some extra survability.

    This only further pushes kits into just something you quickly switch to for a specific ability (CC, boon, condition w/e) and then back to the REAL weapon. Of which you only have two...
    I can't for the life of me remember where, but I'm almost positive I've seen ANet state that that is unintentional and shall be fixed in the foreseeable future.

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskulap View Post
    I can't for the life of me remember where, but I'm almost positive I've seen ANet state that that is unintentional and shall be fixed in the foreseeable future.
    Well as far as i can remember it has been this way since BWE1, and something that has been reported repeatedly as one of the major issues with the Engineer. So im not holding my breath.

  15. #855
    Mechagnome digal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    617
    Its awesome. X_X

    Engineer ftw
    “Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

  16. #856
    I quite like how Engineer is the least played class, because when played properly, it's actually ridiculously strong. I rarely ever lose a 1v1/1v2.

  17. #857
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Well as far as i can remember it has been this way since BWE1, and something that has been reported repeatedly as one of the major issues with the Engineer. So im not holding my breath.
    Yup, just because it hasn't been fixed by now totally means they're not working on it... Cause you know... Anet cleeeeeeeearly know where every bug is in the code....

    So, dat grenade kit, did it get buffed or something? Cause it seems better then it did a few stress tests ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  18. #858
    you guys have already any ideas for traits combos? the more i read the more i wonder lol

  19. #859
    I am having lots of problem understanding the DPS Engineer seeing how both Pistol and Rifle burst are up close. The issue is using those 'burst' abilities in WvW pretty much kills me in most cases. That leaves me using kits like Grenade or Elixir which is great and really fun but I really want to use rifle or pistol.

    With Rifle I am able to kite 1 target for ever as I have trated cripple on immobilize and use immobilize belt + rifle. But in WvW its pretty meaningless!

    I may be wrong but it seems even though one could sit back and play rifle/pistol this profession is designed to to use kits or belts -grenades, flame thrower, elixir, mines and so on.

    You can't use Rifle or Pistol and thats it!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-09-02 at 10:23 AM.

  20. #860
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,053
    I'm interested in seeing some solid PvP builds. What you guys got for me?

    I personally I'm trying to work out a really good pistol/shield turret build but it's difficult. Every new build I try I tend to get smoked in battlegrounds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •