Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    So basically combine issue of Shaman totems (unmovable) on top of the issue of Hunter/Warlock pets getting destroyed in PvE, and you get....Engineer turrets! Except turrets die even faster and have a a vastly smaller attack radius.
    Probably, havnt played a necro or ranger, but I know their pets move! :P
    The cooldown on turrets just means you wont be able to use them every fight, more like every 3-5 if you are fighting outside in "quest" pve.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Healing only applies on Bomb Explosions, not Grnades.
    This is incorrect from my testing in a dungeon. My grenades were definitely healing. It wasn't that good though, each bomb only healed for like 80-100 damage and people move around too much for it to be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havn't noticed any grenades healing :\ the trait specifically says bombs, I'll give it a try though and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I havn't noticed any grenades healing :\ the trait specifically says bombs, I'll give it a try though and report back.
    You are right the trait says bomb but I figured grenades counted as "bombs". Not sure how I was seeing heals though because I've never used the bomb kit. Not being able to "throw" them and only have them go where you are standing made me hate them. Maybe actually using the bomb kit would work better in that instance because the heals seemed terrible and my damage and ability to kill things went WAY down so I went back to a power/condition/toughness with 30/30/0/0/10. Permanent haste is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a thread about this, but am I the only one wishing that Glue Shot was instead, say...a puddle of burning tar?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Made a thread about this, but am I the only one wishing that Glue Shot was instead, say...a puddle of burning tar?
    I wish the elixer gun number 4, which appears almost black could be set on fire as a cross-class combo. Or done by us with flamethrower. I think making a circle of fire would be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I wish the elixer gun number 4, which appears almost black could be set on fire as a cross-class combo. Or done by us with flamethrower. I think making a circle of fire would be neat.
    Weird, you'd think that a puddle of acid would be a Poison or Burning field.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Random Automatic Grenade Kit to Weapon Swap?

Has anyone had an issue where your equipped grenade kit will automatically swap back to your rifle or pistol after a long period of time? I started noticing this issue about a week back. Did a clean install on a new computer, and it is happening again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gotrice View Post
    Has anyone had an issue where your equipped grenade kit will automatically swap back to your rifle or pistol after a long period of time? I started noticing this issue about a week back. Did a clean install on a new computer, and it is happening again...
    I haven't seen that glitch yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrice View Post
    Yup, this happens to me if I stand still and don't do anything. Never occurs when I'm actually using the kit though.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yup, this happens to me if I stand still and don't do anything. Never occurs when I'm actually using the kit though.
    Did a clean install on a new computer, and it is happening still. Using the following traits:

Explosives w/ Skill V, VII, XI
    Firearms w/ Skill V
    Inventions w/ Skill I
    Alchemy w/ Skills VI, II
    2-handed rifle equipped
    Autoattack on Elixer B enabled
    Asura Engineer

Engineering is the most annoying profession, ever. The knockdowns are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get it when im idiling randomly, i get it randomly whenever. Sometimes during combat, it doesn't happen often, for sure its prob only happened like 5-8 times (that I can recall anyway).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen that glitch yet.

It's really really annoying, and doesn't happen with the flamethrower kit, only nade so far.

Deleted
    I#m currently at the mid twentys but i'm still not sure about my specc, first I thought about pistol/pistol with Flamethrower but the more I play and getting used to my Grenadekit (oh I love throwing granades) I think about switching a little...atm I'm thinking about picking up a rifle (CC for keeping foes away from me and then spam grenades) and go for the grenades. My healing spell is always Elixier H and I'm also using Elixier B. Those are the two thinks who are more or less set in stone
    My Problem is, I think that grenade (range attack) and Flamethrower (low to mid range) won't fit together all that well.

Build I'm thinking about

The build is not finished, and you see there are even talent points left to spend, I want your opinion on my thoughts of switsching to rifle + grenades and if the traits are I have chosen are the right ones and what would you do with the left over points...

I hope you can help me

so far

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hlic View Post
    I#m currently at the mid twentys but i'm still not sure about my specc, first I thought about pistol/pistol with Flamethrower but the more I play and getting used to my Grenadekit (oh I love throwing granades) I think about switching a little...atm I'm thinking about picking up a rifle (CC for keeping foes away from me and then spam grenades) and go for the grenades. My healing spell is always Elixier H and I'm also using Elixier B. Those are the two thinks who are more or less set in stone
    My Problem is, I think that grenade (range attack) and Flamethrower (low to mid range) won't fit together all that well.

Build I'm thinking about

The build is not finished, and you see there are even talent points left to spend, I want your opinion on my thoughts of switsching to rifle + grenades and if the traits are I have chosen are the right ones and what would you do with the left over points...

I hope you can help me

so far
    My build, really just a pvp one. For PvE I am thinking more along the lines ofhttp://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.30.0.20.20.0

I prefer pistol/shield for the reflection. I cannot live without that magnetic shield ability. I love reflects. The pvp build I listed winds up with around 2400 power, 2k toughness, and 22k health. It decimates glass cannons.

Edit: Whoops, stabilized armor should be energized armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussao View Post
    Engineering is the most annoying profession, ever. The knockdowns are awesome.
    Yes. The engineer has so many knockbacks. I actually killed someone in wvw by kicking him off a tower with my mortar's concussion barrage (Which also WRECKS siege stuff)
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-09-26 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the build I use (10/30/20/10/0) for everything. I change my 6-9 and my rings/earring/necklace (elixir gun/turrets/ +healing) when in a dungeon for more support. I absolutely love going invisible when immobilized; pvp enemies have an issue finding me, pve drops aggro. I also enjoy gaining toughness when disabled, I might be cc'd but I'm tougher for it!
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquephyre View Post
    I might be cc'd but I'm tougher for it!
    Reminds me of an old Elemental Shaman talent that's long gone.

And no I totally did not struggle to remember that it's talent instead of trait...

Deleted
    I made an Engineer in the -last- stress test, and thought I would make an alt, as I had my guardian at lv 80... It was only meant to be a short section of engineer game-play, with a guild-mate and she made a mesmer, and she left her mesmer not long after... however I continued to play my engineer, the cc is amazing, the damage is nice, the tools are fun and the survivability is excellent... the number of combo fields you can make is just ridiculous.

My main is now the engineer and the alt is my guardian >.<

I am 51 now with my engineer. I usually use two pistols but don't really use the glue gun so I may switch to Pistol/Shield after looking at some of the recent posts here. I have a different question, though, how do you use the grenade kit on the move? It's really good for blasting down a group from range but the moment there is a lot of movement involved, I am a really lousy player.