Heroic Madness Question (Especially for Hunter)

Here is our raid comp. It's not that flexible because we run with 10 people right now

Tank: Feral Druid
    Healing: Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin x2
    DPS: Frost DK, Assassination Rogue, Fire Mage, Demon/Aff Warlock (still kind of playing with it), Shadow Priest, BM Hunter

We pushed phase 2 numerous amount of times and had decent practice on it, but I'd like to get some questions out of the way

In terms of overall performance, the first 3 platforms are not remotely an issue. I (the feral tank) actually cannot touch the second limb tentacle at all since it will kill the platform too fast that my Shield Wall is still on CD. We use Heroism on the Mutated Corruption on the 4th Platform. In phase 2 we seem to have trouble AoEing the adds down properly, despite having plenty of AoE-ers, in theory.

So
    1. Are there better ways for me to coordinate my Impale CDs so that I can actually touch the second platform? This is not a big deal since it will only get us another 10 seconds at the most. Right now I'm hitting Shield Wall + Barkskin, and both Paladins are putting Sacrifice on me.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I should be able to live without a Shield Wall on the second Platform. Assuming I have ~260k HP with the red buff (this is a very low estimate). Base damage for Impale is 800k

Impale= 800k x 0.95 (nerf) x 0.9 (10% physical reduction from Demo) x .82 (bear talent), x 0.8 (Barkskin) x 0.7 (Sacriice A) x 0.7 (Sacrifice B)= 220k= survivable?

2. With our healing comp, will sub 5% in p2 be an issue? I feel the healing output is extremely strong, but since we lack a Tranq/Divine Hymn type of big heal toward the end (from a healer, at least), I am wondering if I should save my tranq for then.
    3. (Hunter): Our hunter is currently running BM so he offers 3% damage to the raid. He does very well with the spec so I'm not concerned about his personal contribution. However, it seems that the main wiping point for us right now (Congealing Bloods) is a place where he can't really help out much. So I am wondering if it is worth losing 3% raid damage and have him spec Survival for the Fight. In addition, I am also wondering if the initial tick of Serpent Sting applied by Serpent Spread+ Improved Serpent Sting is going to proc Spellweave, since that is a huge AoE dps contribution if it does
    4. Any additional helpful hints are nice too

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by david0925; 2012-02-14 at 11:01 AM.

Trust me you do not want to stop dpsing a limb.

Cds as a bear:

1 Dream + barksin
    2 sacrifice + barksin + shaman totem (we use painsub but totem should work as well just make sure the totem does not bring you below 100%)
    3 survival instincts + frenzied regeneration + barkskin
    4 same as 3

this way you do not need to stop dps which means you have a possibility to line up / stop dps in phase 2 to aoe big adds and blood. makes it a lot easier to aoe them with the two adds alive. to survive this as a tank I highly recommend the tol barad trinket and a good useage of taunts/ mass taunt and defensive cds. we usually get him to 13 % and wait for the terrors to spawm as soon as you can see the dots on the ground dps burns him down to get the blood to spawm and we aoe both down.

btw sacrifice does not stack

we do not use any cds on plattform 4 on the corruption and everyone uses a potion to kill the limb as soon as cataclysm is up. this way we save heroism for sub 10% and have it up to aoe the 5% adds as well. makes healing a lot easier.

you tranq does not much save last stand if you can survive terrors without it or dps

as for aoeing bloods as many attacks as possible, traps and death and decay bevor blood pops etc

go full cat specc & gear except for a few basic talents to keep you alive in bear and use the tol barad trinket for phase 2 and blood tanking in phase 1

We have a druid tank do the above listed cd stuff, except switch around 2+3. Our dps is high enough that we actually would still have to wait about five seconds before 4th plat if we used shield wall on 3rd platform.

So dream, shield wall+bark skin, frenzied regen+sac+link, shield wall+bark skin. Use a Stam trinket and flask if you aren't already. You want the pallies using sac on parasite people with dot on 4th plat.

Aoe, most impt thing is slows, and you have that easy with a frost DK and rogue. It is ALL about spellweave. Make sure lock is not doing hellfire as that doesn't proc spellweave. Our lock did rain of fire instead and boosted his spellweave. Our hunter is surv, but we had 3% from a ret paladin. Not all of your dps needs to be amazing aoe, but kind of like spine lifts you have to make sure your aoe rotation is primed and good to go. For example, DK should ideally proc rime on DW and save it for adds. Maybe ERW and or blood tap too.

Here's our vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXztwwiqkU4
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Get the trinket from firelands rep, it's really quite nice (useable for each impale and gives you a quite big absorb shield).

1: Dream+BS+Sac.
    2: SI+BS+Sac.
    3: ER+BS+Sac+SLT *OR* AM with armor aura on (4k extra armor is quite nice for the phys dmg).
    4: SI+BS+Sac.
    And ofc, the trinket for every one of them.

And make your hunter go surv, its waaay better than BM. Especially due to the issues pets have on this encounter.