15+ Year Old Account

99% done downloading... restarting... 0% downloaded of 10,1 GB what?

I was downloading Rift yesterday. I only needed 45 minutes but I had to go to bed (had been downloading for 10 hours on a 2 mbit...). When I restarted today, my sw:tor download did also restart. It says 0% now of 10gb. So it will take around 12 hours. My Rift folder, fills 9,42 GB and the files are still there - yet I have to redownload them. Help! I did try a recover but that didnt work.

It'll likely speed to the end of the DL as it checks that files are already on your system, maybe wait it out? If not, sadly you'll need to redownload them. Never heard of that bug before, my laptop stopped the DL half way through and picked up again the next day just fine so I dunno.

Deleted
    I had this issue before, it had something to do with the current data downloaded being renamed or something. If you look in your rift folder, find the files (there were two for me, the 9gb one and the newly downloaded one) and rename the 9GB one to the same as the new one and delete the smaller one.

Not sure if i've explained that as well as i could have but it worked for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    I had this issue before, it had something to do with the current data downloaded being renamed or something. If you look in your rift folder, find the files (there were two for me, the 9gb one and the newly downloaded one) and rename the 9GB one to the same as the new one and delete the smaller one.

Not sure if i've explained that as well as i could have but it worked for me
    That helped me! Thanks alot mate !

Is this game worth playing again in your guys opinions?

I found the game quite alright at launch, I had a 35-40 FPS problem though thats why I stopped.

I will probably start on this, or SWTOR (I will mainly play for the PvP part end game)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    That helped me! Thanks alot mate !

Is this game worth playing again in your guys opinions?

I found the game quite alright at launch, I had a 35-40 FPS problem though thats why I stopped.

I will probably start on this, or SWTOR (I will mainly play for the PvP part end game)
    I only pvp endgame and Im having a blast! check it out bro =)
    Know star wars people were a bit dissapointed at their endgame. Also on a balanced populated pvp server Rift world pvp seems way better than star wars. Also cheaper, and better updates. Rift is your best choice

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing is that I fear a 25-30 FPS cap again in Rift.

Having a:

AMD Phenom II X6 3 GHZ ~ OC 3.8
    nVidia Geforce 470
    8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
    Win 7 x 64

And the game ran like crap at launch.

How is it to obtain gear at level 50?

And how balanced is the game overall in PvP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Only thing is that I fear a 25-30 FPS cap again in Rift.

Having a:

AMD Phenom II X6 3 GHZ ~ OC 3.8
    nVidia Geforce 470
    8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
    Win 7 x 64

And the game ran like crap at launch.

How is it to obtain gear at level 50?

And how balanced is the game overall in PvP?
    You got better computer than me and I have no problem with the game
    They made it easier to obtain gear at 50, removed ranks for everything except crystals and weapons. It is a bit of a grind but easier now and always things to obtain. Also there are pvp dailies and weekly pvp rifts that boost you.
    Balance is pretty ok really. Since every class got so many souls, you can build something to beat what you feel you have most problems with. Balance used to be gear differences causing problems, but now the warfronts are adapted so you get to fight people in similar ranks and they are also boosting you when you just hit 50 and enter warfronts.
    In Rift people usually fight in groups during warfronts, it's rare to meet people 1 vs 1. Out in the world, however, you can make sure there will be persons attacking you every now and then =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    You got better computer than me and I have no problem with the game
    They made it easier to obtain gear at 50, removed ranks for everything except crystals and weapons. It is a bit of a grind but easier now and always things to obtain. Also there are pvp dailies and weekly pvp rifts that boost you.
    Balance is pretty ok really. Since every class got so many souls, you can build something to beat what you feel you have most problems with. Balance used to be gear differences causing problems, but now the warfronts are adapted so you get to fight people in similar ranks and they are also boosting you when you just hit 50 and enter warfronts.
    In Rift people usually fight in groups during warfronts, it's rare to meet people 1 vs 1. Out in the world, however, you can make sure there will be persons attacking you every now and then =)
    Well, game had some problems with not being able to use more than 2 cores.

I allmost had 30 fps through the whole game. When you are used to play 60 FPS its shit compaered.

The thing I missed playing rift aside that it had bad FPS issues, was it has no... charm. The art is very static.