Deleted

Jinx as Destro - Warmaster HC

Hi

Would a spec like 7/3/31 would be viable with 2/2 improved life tap and jinx on HC warmaster - or would the amount of taps required due to the loss of mana feed not be worth it.

its 5 globals every minute or so for each wave of adds to apply COE vs 1 with Jinx - but i'm guessing you wouldn't have to tap 4 times each wave

My Shadowpriest is complaining about COE uptimes at the moment so i figured i would look into it

Deleted
    Wouldn't speccing into Affliction - the arguably superior spec for the encounter - solve all of your problems? Both specs are haste-heavy so you wouldn't have to do much min/maxing unless you felt it was totally necessary.

Wouldn't a proper Affliction spec be preferable to a one-encounter-only-applicable Destruction spec? Do you not have moonkins that are DPSing/multidotting and helping you out through http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48506 ?

To answer your question though, while it would probably work it's very likely to end up as a DPS loss to you. And I base that on nothing more than my own "common sense", so it's also quite possible that I'm wrong

eNot sure if 10 man or 25 and if you guys have a boomkin or room for a boomkin in raid but shouldn't they be able to keep the buff up? But to answer your question about the spec I would agree and believe that it would up being a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    eNot sure if 10 man or 25 and if you guys have a boomkin or room for a boomkin in raid but shouldn't they be able to keep the buff up? But to answer your question about the spec I would agree and believe that it would up being a dps loss.
    They keep the debuff up with a casted nuke and it only lasts 15s, so I highly doubt a Moonkin would be able to keep it up on all targets in that fight.
    Warmaster is an Affliction fight, hands down. Just put CoE on a Twilight Elite Slayer and, if you have 2 points in Jinx, you won't have to apply it again until it dies (although it's nice if you can do it on the drakes so DoTs can keep ticking with the debuff when they fly away).

Destro + Jinx is a bad idea. As Ignominious pointed out, if you are respecing anyway, why not use the proper spec?

Affliction does do more dAmage overall but being able to bane garona can be very helpful also

I am in a similar situation - I have been Destro for my raid because we need Replenishment. We don't have the 10% SP buff (so that would probably be the second choice if the raid decided they didn't want Replenishment). Destro doesn't lose too much to Affliction, especially when played to potential (see Zumzum's Destro lock having the highest lock parse on 10H Blackhorn). I've been thinking about doing this since there should be times to Life Tap anyways, in between sets of drakes. Does a jinxed CoE on Goriona reach all the Drakes for the duration of the fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I am in a similar situation - I have been Destro for my raid because we need Replenishment. We don't have the 10% SP buff (so that would probably be the second choice if the raid decided they didn't want Replenishment). Destro doesn't lose too much to Affliction, especially when played to potential (see Zumzum's Destro lock having the highest lock parse on 10H Blackhorn). I've been thinking about doing this since there should be times to Life Tap anyways, in between sets of drakes. Does a jinxed CoE on Goriona reach all the Drakes for the duration of the fight?
    i highly doubt it reaches, its only 40 yards. Not even sure if it reaches from one side to the other with drakes.

But i think people overestimate the need of the buff for adds dying as fast as these are. If you are 1-2 maybe 3 casters, its not the world end + you can dot COE while they fly by, before you really have to nuke them.

As people said, affliction will solve your problem, but needing replenishment is another thing. Have to choose what the raid needs the most, cant really cover everything. At some point you start loosing more DPS then the buff is worth in term of raid DPS by gimping x and y!

in my twinkraid we kinda have the same problem. We only got 1 wl and well besides the fact that he's not the best they complain about the 8% debuff. Well we did spec him demo and kinda ignore the 8% debuff on the small things like the small bomb dude and the drakes.

Well our problem is anyway that getting 10 twinks in a raid kinda take the most time. and with the changing raid some bosses are pretty mutch impossible from time to time. 2 holys for the blob boss for example.

That spec aint worth it for Warmaster but might be worth while on blob guy HC when for the dbl add's, its not really dps loss , it's more mana regen and hp loss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Wouldn't speccing into Affliction - the arguably superior spec for the encounter - solve all of your problems? Both specs are haste-heavy so you wouldn't have to do much min/maxing unless you felt it was totally necessary.

Wouldn't a proper Affliction spec be preferable to a one-encounter-only-applicable Destruction spec? Do you not have moonkins that are DPSing/multidotting and helping you out through http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48506 ?

To answer your question though, while it would probably work it's very likely to end up as a DPS loss to you. And I base that on nothing more than my own "common sense", so it's also quite possible that I'm wrong
    Well, to answer this - No boomer (10 man ftw)

I was asked to spec destro specifically for this fight in order to have more controlled damage on the drakes and sappers. We have an ele, normally our resto shaman, which allows me to go destro.

To answer the questions being asked about a 1 fight specific spec, its not really much of an issue as i play MS demo on most fights for the buff, and then usually Affli PVP is my OS... so i will be respeccing post fight anyway.

As has also been mentioned, destro is not really inferior to affli in terms of damage (thanks Zumzum) and making sure that you only have one shadow patch on the floor due to the BOH damage is a win. it just makes her land near instantly, and on progression, where the ship is sometimes pretty covered with fire.