Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    It doesnt look more childish than the rest of the game.
    It isnt more childish than taurens, tuskars, gnomes, etc, that's what people have been telling you since the first post.
    Yeah and I told them no to tell this to me, because I know it without them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You are just trying to say that MoP is childier than what we have before, by saying that Pandas are more childier than the rest.
    So yes, it is your mistake.
    That's what you want to belive I trying to tell. I tell something different, but you seems not to understand, because you are locked on comparing pandaren to rest of WoW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Just in this post you are saying Blizzard-pandaren are childish, when what you have to say is that Blizzard-WoW is childish.
    READ my posts I told this multiple times by now

  2. #102
    I like the way they look in the concept art.

    The in game footage so far looks weird though, they look too cuddly and bouncy..

    But who know what they'll change?

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern part of Sweden
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    There are multiple diffrent opinions here:
    1) Nothing is childish. It's only our fear of appearing childish that makes us to think so.
    2) WoW is mostly mature, but Pandaren are childish.
    3) WoW and Pandaren are both childish.(I tend to this one)
    4) There are childish things, but WoW is not childish and Pandaren are also not childish. (I don't like this one)
    Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. Now we have something to work with.
    I agree with you, WoW in general have a childish theme in it. But then the question is, is it bad that it's childish? I would say no. It's not bad at all, in fact I like the style that WoW has.

    So the question to you now, is it bad that WoW is childish? And in that case, why did you start playing it from the start?
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

  4. #104

    pet

    okay so who has tried to pet the pandas at their local zoo? anyone? How did it turn out?

  5. #105
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,564
    After my little pony and the whole f'in "bronies" fan club nothing is childish after that...
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    After my little pony and the whole f'in "bronies" fan club nothing is childish after that...
    Prepare to get reported, infracted, and have several people tell you that it has a 'very interesting plot'.

    On topic, Padaren are childish because of how they are presented. If Tauren had been presented as friendly, smiling cows, it would have been the same thing.

    Pandas are already known for being 'cute', and the only footage we've seen of them is of them smiling, talking, jumping, and jiggling.

  7. #107
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,736

    How is a panda any more childish than candle loving rat man ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  8. #108
    Bloodsail Admiral Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,015
    There are some questions i ask myself over and over again..

    Does Asian people really like to see (cliched) Asian Archetectures, Asian Lifestyle and common asien cliches made up by a US Company (i doubt they research the Asian lifestyle before creating games)? Does something like that really appear to asian people?
    If they would make a Xpac about Germany i first would laugh my ass of because of the cliche heavy game, because some American (and maybe other foreiners too) think we wear Letherpants and drink beer and eat sourcrout all the time... then i would quickly get bored cause if i want to look at German stuff i go outside.

    Another think what makes me wonder: With cata they did some bolt Moves. Redesigned the Old World, did mainstream Talentbuilts, killed 25 raids heaviely revamped Classes and so on. So we all know Cata wasnt that success it should have been.. wouldnt it be better to release the Burning legion Xpac now? Even if it is planned to be the last encounter i guess this would keep the long time players playing.. If it Worked out they can release MoP afterwards and the players gained faith in Blizzard again ... on the other hand if MoP fails now noone is going to buy the Burning Legion Xpac later cause they got disappointed twice. With SWtor and GW2 and other games released in this year Blizzard better leaves a good impression or the Players will switch to the other titles.

    I think Blizzard takes the Furry part above the edge.. We got Tauren.. sound legit cause there are alot of Myths and storys about Tauren... then they did Worgen.. I dont like them at all.. i think its probably because of the Twilight Movies.. werwolfes got stylish again and appear to Girls so they had to make their own werewolfs. Now Pandas are comming. I dont mind that its pandas.. the thing wich bothers me is that its the third Furry Race.. there are several other races from Warcraft or maybe Fantasy in general wich might fit aswell. They make pandas to attract even more Girls. I can see that cause my Girlfriend wo plays wow too said "cool pandas so cute" now she is in a hype and collects Pandastuff "So cute".

    Next Question is: does Blizzard really think that a (probably bad) copy of Pokemon can save the game?



    I think their best bet is to hold the expactations of the old players low and then blow them away with awesome content noone ever expected. Maybe because everyone has bad impression they dont get too greedy and thus are more satisfied with this Xpac. Maybe the players are happy because "it could have been worse".

  9. #109
    Really? Panda's are childish? Like more childish than Gnomes or goblins? More childish than companion pets that you see throughout the game? More childish than talking dragons? More childish than world events like winterveil or love is in the air? More childish than talking cows? Or talking spacegoats?

    Hi, Id like to remind the folks who think Pandarians are childish that this is a game. That you play on you computer.
    You transmog your cloths to look pretty. Please stop with this "Panda's are childish" stuff and just enjoy yhe game.

  10. #110
    The truth of the matter is: the only reason the whole "Pandaren are childish" thing ever came up is because people had a spontaneous association with Kung Fu Panda, and are miserably failing at getting away from it.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    There are multiple diffrent opinions here:
    1) Nothing is childish. It's only our fear of appearing childish that makes us to think so.
    2) WoW is mostly mature, but Pandaren are childish.
    3) WoW and Pandaren are both childish.(I tend to this one)
    4) There are childish things, but WoW is not childish and Pandaren are also not childish. (I don't like this one)
    Ok, now that we get this clear then you should stop talking about pandaria and pandaren being childish and start talkong about wow being childish (like you did in this post).

    -- END OF QUOTED POSTER RELATED CONTENT --

    So now we move to the next question, is childish bad?

    No, it isnt in a VIDEO GAME (it probably is in a business meeting).

    I feel sorry for those that cannot split pandaren from kung fu panda (even when pandaren came first).

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I like the fact that the same people who complain about Pandas being childish...

    Are the same people who play a walking Cow, holding a burning sword while fighting a giant elemental. This all takes place in an underwater world while being magically blessed with unending breath and being summoned to the location trough demonic fel-energy portals...
    what you say has nothing to do as a proof for a game to be childish or not. You just describe game mechanics and you prove here that wow is more an actual game than a simulation. There are long time debates on blogs and forums for simulation vs game. If you receive a dragon from your mailbox is a game mechanic that "destroy" the simulation, if you fight with fire underwater, if you breathe unending underwater, if you shoot with your bow without arrows, all these are mechanics that favor game instead simulation. Nothing to do if a game is childish or not..it is weather if game is realistic(simulation) or not..

    Now only "cows" as you said can count to your statement, but I would describe them as Bulls rather than cows and also in Mythology there were Minotaur , half human half man and it was a very scary monster..Now a good reason for people to think pandas childish is Kung Fu Panda. If that movie and all the merchandise around it didn't exist, I think it would be much less of a problem..not that people would love pandas but I think half of the posts weren't exist..the problem is that Blizzard made pandas exactly like the movie which increase people concerns..look here for example http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DdeA7kTomM...0/wowpanda.png ...

    I feel sorry for those that cannot split pandaren from kung fu panda (even when pandaren came first).
    As I do for blizzard for making pandaren like Kug fu panda
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  13. #113
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,598
    I still don't believe in the word childish, so count me on 4).
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    The truth of the matter is: the only reason the whole "Pandaren are childish" thing ever came up is because people had a spontaneous association with Kung Fu Panda, and are miserably failing at getting away from it.
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    How is a panda any more childish than candle loving rat man ?
    Because the 'candle loving rat man' kills people over a fucking candle. All we've seen Pandaren do is peacefully frolic about being fat and jolly.

    There's also no expansion based around Kobolds...they're considered vermin to be killed at lowbie levels.

    Ultimately, Blizzard has only themselves to blame for the public's interpretation. They did a terrible job presenting the race.

  15. #115
    I find it ironic that all of these manly men (because it is truly manly to hate anything that is childish, right?) hate Pandaren, but has no problem with - and quite often, love - a creature like Hogger.

    Hmm...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post

    How is a panda any more childish than candle loving rat man ?
    candle loving rat is not a playable race nor the central theme of a whole expansion..neither the fish man or many of those in the photo..nor the space goat whic his far from childish was a central theme of an expansion..
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    All we've seen Pandaren do is peacefully frolic about being fat and jolly.
    No, I've seen Pandaren kicking ass with martial arts, which is fucking awesome.

    You must not have seen the same Blizzcon as I did.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  18. #118
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,027
    Wookies are furry talking animals, therefore Star Wars is childish. Op obviously doesnt like the idea, as his topic title says. Flame wars ensue, thread locked, move on.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  19. #119
    You can complain all you want about pandas, you can create these huge threads hating on them and how "childish" they are, but they're still going to release the expansion regardless of what you think.

    It's simple, if you don't wanna be playing WoW with pandas then quit, because Blizz are still going to bring it out, with or without you.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    what you say has nothing to do as a proof for a game to be childish or not. You just describe game mechanics and you prove here that wow is more an actual game than a simulation. There are long time debates on blogs and forums for simulation vs game. If you receive a dragon from your mailbox is a game mechanic that "destroy" the simulation, if you fight with fire underwater, if you breathe unending underwater, if you shoot with your bow without arrows, all these are mechanics that favor game instead simulation. Nothing to do if a game is childish or not..it is weather if game is realistic(simulation) or not..

    Now only "cows" as you said can count to your statement, but I would describe them as Bulls rather than cows and also in Mythology there were Minotaur , half human half man and it was a very scary monster..Now a good reason for people to think pandas childish is Kung Fu Panda. If that movie and all the merchandise around it didn't exist, I think it would be much less of a problem..not that people would love pandas but I think half of the posts weren't exist..the problem is that Blizzard made pandas exactly like the movie which increase people concerns..look here for example http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DdeA7kTomM...0/wowpanda.png ...



    As I do for blizzard for making pandaren like Kug fu panda
    Is that image you posted really more childish than

    [http://images1.fanpop.com/images/pho...6-1024-768.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •