Mastery on blood dps gear for soloing

Well Ive been soloing stuff for around 2 months or so now. Lately Ive been just trying level 70-80 stuff, nothing to bad.. just in straight dps gear. I dont have a tank set so as of now my question is. Would it be a good idea to reforge and somewhat stack mastery in my DPS set if I seem to be getting hit a little to hard? Or Is it just better to just get tank gear for fights I seem to be getting killed easy on? I would think mastery on dps gear would fix it somewhat.. but at last Im just a nub when it comes to these sort of things.

So stat wise and gear wise. Fights that Im getting destroyed on.. would stacking mastery have any effect or would I just need to get a tank set ready?

Any advice would help, thanks all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you gave info on the particular fights you'd get a lot better answer. Newer content where enrage timers are an issue may favour DPS gear but you'll have to play more intellgiantly. As for old stuff mastery will help sustain against more physical attacks, but really the heal from deathstrike should be enough to keep you up without worrying too much about the blood shield afterwards?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Some specific fights simply require tanking gear, cat lady achievement and sylvanas comes to mind.
    Haste is a much better stat for surviveability (as well as dps) then mastery is. More haste=faster rune regen=more deathstrikes.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Some specific fights simply require tanking gear, cat lady achievement and sylvanas comes to mind.
    Haste is a much better stat for surviveability (as well as dps) then mastery is. More haste=faster rune regen=more deathstrikes.
    Cool didnt know this. I guess ill reforge and gem as if i was in a dps spec then. Thanks for info