Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

League of Legends equivalent to a Shadow Priest

I have so much fun as a Shadow Priest. I love the style and damage. I'm getting into Leauge of Legends and I need to select a character. Is there an equivalent to a Shadow Priest? I need a few recommendations to consider. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    I have so much fun as a Shadow Priest. I love the style and damage. I'm getting into Leauge of Legends and I need to select a character. Is there an equivalent to a Shadow Priest? I need a few recommendations to consider. Thanks.
    Edit: ideally a high Burst or high DPS caster. Like dots too.

personally I haven't played him...but Malzahar has a dot that spreads to other people if your target dies. Plus he has a silence and his ult is a suppress+high damage. He might be a good choice for you.

Either Fiddlesticks or Malzahar would be close to what you're asking. Fiddle has a 3 second, single target fear, drain health, a bouncing silence with damage, and an aoe ult. Malz has an aoe silence, can put an aoe on the ground, a single target dot, and a surpress with a high damage output. Fid is a more team player and Malz is more a single target guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only two I can think of are Swain and Malzahar, really.

Deleted
    Swain has a lot of dots, his q is basically a dot, his w is a root with huge range and his e is a dot, his ultimate is a transformation that does damage over time and heals himself part of the damage dealt.

Probably most DOTs in game.

Deleted
    Swain is the closest to a shadow-priest.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    There isn't much in the way of DoT's in LoL but the closest you'll find is Malzahar who plays more like a warlock

That said, strong AP Mid's atm are: Ahri, Cassiopeia, Leblanc, Morgana, Kassadin, Ziggs

There are plenty of other picks that are strong/able, but those are ones you might enjoy. If you do use someone like malz, it won't be as easy to win/carry, but totally possible. Also be aware that AP's are in a state of being slowly nerfed every so often directly and indirectly.
    Thanks Vraie, I also think burst/mage style would fit. I am a total noob with like 5 hours played but all pros were once a noob. Currently looking at Ryze, Leblanc, Annie, Kassadin, Graves, Vayne, Riven, and Viger.

Thanks Vraie, I also think burst/mage style would fit. I am a total noob with like 5 hours played but all pros were once a noob. Currently looking at Ryze, Leblanc, Annie, Kassadin, Graves, Vayne, Riven, and Viger.
    If you want my advice all of those are very great characters, but in a higher level game LeBlanc will usually get shut down no matter how much farm you can get on her.

Annie is one of my favorites though I have had multiple games where the entire enemy team stacks the wrong way and I get triple-penta kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malzahar. If you want someone to play with hit me up. Barado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swain or Malzahar are your closest choices.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swain would be my pick. He has two DoTs, good CC with a root and slow, and his ult does good damage with self-healing. His main weakness is is his low mana and high costs but overall he's a very powerful champ.

Malzahar, Swain, or Fiddlesticks are all fear-y, life-drain-y, or dot-y casters.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you consider any of the above mentioned characters as OP? Or in LOL are there no OP classes but just play style variations? My only analogy is WOW. I play a SP and top meters in my 25m. My SIM isn't as high as our mages, rogues, or locks but I can outperform them.

Help me find my high dps lol lover!!! It's Valentines day

Seriously though, thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, shadow priest (dota) most unique was his ability that cheat death?
    Like any intelligence hero, he was great early game but his cheat death was good even late game (give it to faceless void to holyshit everyone at the fountain and run away)

No sorry no hero in LoL remind me of him at all, even Zilean (bomb, slow but no dmg, ulti revive) isn't like him
    And how was you playing him high burst? You mean with Dagon item? He didn't have high burst spells (just checked him to be sure)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Would you consider any of the above mentioned characters as OP? Or in LOL are there no OP classes but just play style variations? My only analogy is WOW. I play a SP and top meters in my 25m. My SIM isn't as high as our mages, rogues, or locks but I can outperform them.

Help me find my high dps lol lover!!! It's Valentines day

Seriously though, thanks guys.
    It's hard to call certain champions "OP" in LoL. All of the above champs are good, but they have their counters. There are so many different niches and play style in variations in LoL that it's hard to find a champ that's "OP" in all ways. Riot also seems more willing to nearf/change/tweak champions than Blizzard is willing to change classes. It's very much like WoW where certain characters can outperform others, but have a higher skillcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    If you want my advice all of those are very great characters, but in a higher level game LeBlanc will usually get shut down no matter how much farm you can get on her.

Annie is one of my favorites though I have had multiple games where the entire enemy team stacks the wrong way and I get triple-penta kills.
    Thing with lb is that you can usually shut down the enemy mid hard. At least that's what you should be doing not afk farming

Problem with annie is that she's easily outclassed by a lot of other APs. You're against LB but prefer annie...

10+ Year Old Account
    In LoL there are "OP" champs but the game itself isn't OP
    In other words, give Nasus 25min farming solo top and he will solo late game, any good team won't let him farm safely 25min
    The game is built on 5v5, there are heroes who are better 1v1 than your favorite hero, that doesn't make him bad, just play him in the right team
    Example: Veigar, play him vs full AD team he will be weak, his ulti depends heavily on enemy AP, he is good but not that good
    Kassadin is great anti-AP mid but send a ranged AD mid (or even melee) he will run to base crying
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

First two champs that come to mind are Malzahar and Swain.

If you want high burst, try out the following champions:
    Ryze
    LeBlanc
    Annie
    Brand
    Veigar
    Kassadin (melee mage)

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    First two champs that come to mind are Malzahar and Swain.

If you want high burst, try out the following champions:
    Ryze
    LeBlanc
    Annie
    Brand
    Veigar
    Kassadin (melee mage)
    Thanks I'll try Ryze, Swain, Veigar, and annie and go from there.

Deleted
    Swain would be my choice, he's by far the most fun mage I've tried. <3 Swain!