Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Before a flame war starts, I'll say this - I agree with the set bonuses, okay. However, offset loot, Um no. Just no. This should not be okay. Ever. This is why tanks are not allowed to roll on DPs gear, and it should be the same for all roles, but using this as justification for rolling on the tokens.... You're the root of the problem.
    To fix this, the bosses would have to drop pieces of gear instead of tokens. Then you'd always be complaining about how the "insert class here" chest piece never drops.

I think they should just remove gear from LFR. The stated purpose was to allow casuals to see the story and endgame. DS at least is so easy in LFR mode, you don't need the gear from it anyways. Remove the gear and then let the casuals run it. It would be harder of course because non-casuals would see no reason to carry groups and people would only run it once.

The gear keeps people coming back and offers incentives to non-casuals to carry the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Why don't they just make it so you can't roll on gear that's below what you're wearing? I'm sick of people in VP gear rolling on LFR tokens "because they can". Seems like an easy and obvious fix.
    Why did top guilds in the world exploit LFR for lower iLvl gear?

EDIT: It wasn't just tier, it was rings (with gem slots) and trinkets they wanted too
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    LFR is not about loot, its Bout giving the casuals a chance to see the story and work put into the raids. If you get a piece of loot that's like a consolation prize. Those hoping to "gear out" on subpar loot are just delusional. Of course its going to take forever. If you want gear, then step up and do real raiding. The gap between lfr loot and raiding loot is just going to get bigger in MOP.
    for the love of god will you people stop spewing ths crap. its a dungeon its gonna be bout gearing up, most raid guilds wont even let ya in now unless your decked out in at least lfr gear, seriously this kind of statement has been the most retarded arguement any one ever tryed to make bout this game.

the whole see content thing is bout why lfr is so danm easy not the actual lfr.

The gap between lfr loot and raiding loot is just going to get bigger in MOP.

source?
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2012-02-15 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    I think one of the main failings of the LFR is that your odds of getting better gear don't improve over time, like they do with a closed raiding group. The random loot drop/token system is fine when the same 10/25 people are gearing up. But the odds on LFR are exactly the same week after week after week.

Why don't they just make it so you can't roll on gear that's below what you're wearing? I'm sick of people in VP gear rolling on LFR tokens "because they can". Seems like an easy and obvious fix.
    The problem with the LFD/LFR loot system isn't the system itself. It's the people that abuse it. The system would work fine if the player base used it as intended. (I'm pretty sure Blizzard didn't intend on people rolling need on gear they don't just so they can trade it later.) Sadly the LFD/LFR (and WoW in general) is full of a-wipes who are too concerned with making other people suffer to be bothered with what Blizz actually intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    to be bothered with what Blizz actually intended.
    Blizzard intended to let everyone see the content they created...nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Personally it shouldn't have given loot in the first place, As you've stated It's there to see content. The loot was just a +
    Agreed, but those people probably still wouldn't have seen the content (or at the very least, not as easily as they do now), without those geared/competent players carrying them. Without the loot there is no incentive for the better players out there to be running LFR, with the exception of working on new rotations, gear set ups, etc, which wouldn't be enough to balance out the skill difference. Everyone knows how brain dead easy LFR is, but the simple fact is even with a handful of decent healers/dps/tank, the last few fights are a headache having to deal with those who "want to see the content".

Even Blizzard has stated that it's simply a tool to see the content, nothing more.

You have 3/5 tier.

You have a chestpiece that is a few ilvls higher than the tier token that just dropped.

You can't roll on it, even though the 4 piece would push it to better.

No. Just no. On top of that, the game can't decide what's an upgrade to you. For me, I'd ditch an (just example numbers) ilvl400 mace without spirit for an 380 mace WITH spirit.

Just make LFR gear non-tradeable and not able to be vendored, and most of your LFR loot problems will go away.

What if I'm rolling for Off-spec, or my tier bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Just make LFR gear non-tradeable and not able to be vendored, and most of your LFR loot problems will go away.
    Good point!
    "Peace is a lie"

LFR is not about loot, its Bout giving the casuals a chance to see the story and work put into the raids. If you get a piece of loot that's like a consolation prize. Those hoping to "gear out" on subpar loot are just delusional. Of course its going to take forever. If you want gear, then step up and do real raiding. The gap between lfr loot and raiding loot is just going to get bigger in MOP.
    Exactly right, also the point of getting loot in a raid is to make your character more powerful so you can down harder bosses and progress to the next guy or into new heroic modes.

If your a pure LFR raider you don't actually need the gear, like arden said is just so people who had no right skill wise ( or time wise) get to actually experience the content.

And if you are running alts through LFR and care allot about gear then run with guild mates , i run with 10-15 people and we all roll for each other.

What is a better item? is it the item with the higher ilvl?

What i read here, most people seems to think that itemlvl shows how good an item is...

what about weapons from DW? can u have a 397 and still upgrade on LFR 390?

Trinkets... what about those, are the 397 vortex better for my paladin then any other trinket? must be right, since its 397...

Tier pieces, we all know that 4 random pieces are better than 3x 397t13 and a 384, arent they?

well, just saying..

but i like the idea of " make them non tradeable and non vendorable" that would fix alot of the problem...

well, gtg, the guild is signing for LFR now to gear a new DK...

Quote Originally Posted by Angoth View Post
    Do you really believe that given the history of Blizzard's decisions?
    Im not sure what your intent with this response to his response was, but the gear is subpar, and if you want the gear, you should be doing reg/hm instead. After all, the upgrades are meant to help you progress. You dont necessarily do LFR to 'progress'.

Deleted
    tier of lower ilevel is superior due to bonus -> prevents it being a SIMPLE check which means an extra few hundred lines of coding to programe in an exception to work for every single tier.

also several Trinkets are beter even though lower ilevel due to different procs.

no it just won't work

Deleted
    this system would require a "only 1 need+ roll item per raid" rule, otherwise bad equiped people have a major advantage on loot over good equiped people, because nobody will pass on loot in lfr because he allready got an item

Won't work.

I was flamed to hell and back in the first week of LFR because I won lower item level 384 tier peices to replace my 391 FL gear. "YOU HAVE BETTER LEGS ALREADY!" Yeah, and this 2P set bonus is worth 1.5k DPS, you'd be stupid not to lose a few agility for that.

The only thing that needs to change is making it so that gear can only be traded if it was distributed with Master Loot, meaning no trading in LFR/LFD. Problem, fricking, solved.

It would be nice but then people would just equip lower level gear when they actually went into LFR to get around it.

Also, there are times when 391 gear is not as good as 384 gear so that doesn't really work. Also in some cases you might have a piece of 397 in a particular slot but still need 384 for either set bonus or better itemization/socketing.

I think they should work on making the LFR loot less desireable for normal/heroic raiders to begin with when they go around to fixing it for MoP. Then you wouldn't have the problem of people in 391/7 wanting 384. Still have people needing on things to be annoying but maybe it would help some...

So much loot drama, I've seen guilds disband over loot too. If nothing else, then WoW could learn from SWtoR loot system - I LOVED that part. You know, predetermined obtainer. Though it could use some updates as to checking whether the person has the item already.

well i think its bull when ppl role on the gear when they have it and they turn around and give it to a guildy its just not fare they need to make it where if they have the gear or once owned the gear they cant get the roll bonuse on it. and if there rolling for of spec the need to come in that off spec ( token peices)