Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Things that make you go "Wait...what?"

Okay so my story is this. I went to buy an ebook from blacklibrary.com, a site that sells all the Warhammer books, both 40k and fantasy, and is a division of Games Workshop. Trouble is my card got declined, the same card that I have made six prior purchases with from the same place. I figured okay, whatever, I'll call the bank to find out wtf is going on.

So I call them up, explain the situation to the lady on the phone, and ask why it got declined. She checks the charge and tells me that GWBlackLibrary, the name that comes through from the charge, is on their "fraud" list because it is based in Great Britain. My first thought was "...wait...what?" How is a company worth over 100 million dollars and is fairly well known even in the states listed as a fraud threat just because it is in Great Britain?

I then ask if there is any way to get around that. She gets her supervisor to override it for a day and a half...That's fine for this purchase but now every time I want a new book to read, which generally happens at odd hours of the night...you know when I actually finish the previous one, I have to call them up again. So instead of buying one book, I bought two this time.

Anywho this was partially to vent and partially to share a semi-amusing story (at least to me.) Sooooo anyone else have a story about something that made you go "wait...what?"

The stupidity of my teachers and fellow students.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

orgrim, im replying mostly because i LOVE your signature, that poem is godlike

also, things that make me go ''wait wat?''
    religius fanatics, and feminist fanatics. we have a group in norway called ''ottar'' wich is simply astonishingly stupid. a disgrace for women.

also, the pure stupidity of people around me. its perplexing to me that ''that'' sperm cell survived

also, excuse my poor english, im norwegian
    Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    I'm a cow that casts green nature balls and turns into a bear cat tree owl and you are complaining about topography?

Quote Originally Posted by shagra View Post
    orgrim, im replying mostly because i LOVE your signature, that poem is godlike
    I too can appreciate it.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing games and people reaching the maximum level and yet still not understanding a darn thing about anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IanAKASobe View Post
    Playing games and people reaching the maximum level and yet still not understanding a darn thing about anything at all.
    this...thisthisthisthisthis

Deleted
    Once at a gas station diner me and a few friend was watching this old guy clean his trailer instead of driving the trailer to the hose he filled a bucket of water and went 10m back to his trailer and threw it at his trailer then went back to the hose filling the bucket with water and went back to the trailer and did it again
    he continued for atleast a hour then when we where about to go he was still doing it the thing is he also missed the trailer half of the time so all the water came on the ground.
    Was a realy wtf moment.

Roses are tits
    Violets are tits
    I love tits
    tits

Poems like that.

A guy I work with. There are many - MANY - examples; but pretty much everything he does leaves me wondering "WTF?"

A bumper sticker that said "My boss is a Jewish carpenter" i laughed hard

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When people use the phrase "ain't nothin"
    It's like, really? first off "ain't" isn't a word, 2nd, nothing has a g in it, and 3rd, it's a double negative.
    It's like saying I don't not like tits. It just makes no sense to say it like that, and I always say wait..what?
    Just to get them to fix their bad grammar...oh and my English teacher does this as well, quite irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-N-Ike View Post
    When people use the phrase "ain't nothin"
    It's like, really? first off "ain't" isn't a word, 2nd, nothing has a g in it, and 3rd, it's a double negative.
    It's like saying I don't not like tits. It just makes no sense to say it like that, and I always say wait..what?
    Just to get them to fix their bad grammar...oh and my English teacher does this as well, quite irritating.
    I ain't not need none of you're dern grammer.

OT: Guy in my High school history class(11th grade) who couldn't find Russia, China, or the United States on a map of the world.

Then there was this girl I knew who found out that you actually have to pay back the money you spend on a credit card.

Deleted
    When people say that reverting to a Vanilla/TBC style of game would generate more subs.

Deleted
    Quantum mechanics. Wait...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Quantum mechanics. Wait...what?
    This

When my physicist friend tries to explain this stuff to me... "Wait... what?" is my reaction. When I try to explain Information Technology related things to him, his reaction is exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Badgers. They confuse me.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Lady asking me if we sold "Wireless HDMI" for a CRT TV lol

My brain hurt.
    Last edited by Yummy marmalade; 2012-02-15 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    When people say that reverting to a Vanilla/TBC style of game would generate more subs.
    Ive never heard anybody say it would generate more subs.

It however, would be very fun to experience it again and see how much the nostalgia effects it. I still think it would be fun to raid in 40 man groups, even though there is never any progression. Play for fun not for gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQdbcsXDrE

Skip to 3:00

"Wait... what?" Realize that maybe Touhou lunatic isn't so hard after all. Go cry under bed at personal danmaku failure, while cursing CAVE for being dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few years ago when I was at university doing a computing degree while working part-time in retail, I'm packing shelves down the back aisle when this old lady comes up to me, holds up a ball of twine and asks me: "Is this good for stringing basted hams?"

Keep in mind at this point in my life I'm a guy, early-20's, working retail. My basted ham knowledgebase is understandably rather underdeveloped at this point.

I missed maybe one, two beats.

"Yes."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.