Poll: Can DPS Spec tank Dungeon Heroics?

DPS Specs Tanking Heroics

So I have yet to see this and I am wondering if anyone is doing this yet.

During Q&A Pre-Cata there was discussion from Blizzard regarding thier intention that towards the end of the expansion DPS Wars, Pallies, DKS and Druids, would be be able to toss on a few Tank pieces (Sword and Board) and tank heroics. DO any of you do this with your toon (not respec, but actually tank in DPS spec +Tank stance and a few gear pieces)?

I have a 85 Druid, Pally and DK all with Tank specs. Even the old heroics I wouldn't want to be DPS spec'd, since I would lose CDs that would help me carry a grp. I would be willing to try if I had a group full of my geared friends, but not in a pug.
    Last edited by Tricksterjim; 2012-02-14 at 10:15 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Deleted
    in wrath you could, since you could get defense capped through gear
    now that they are talents (and dual spec costs 10g) I see no point in trying

Tanking heroics (5 mans) is such a joke at this point in the content cycle. I'd prefer the tank just go straight DPS and do whatever s/he can do hold threat but otherwise just kill things before anything bad happens.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't attempted to heal a dungeon yet with a tank in dps spec, but my ret pally friend will switch to prot spec with all of his ret gear which is currently full 397 or better with a shield and main hand, and he will tank dungeons that way. He usually demolishes all of the dps on every pull and gets like 4-5 packs of mobs at a time i.e. depending on dungeon anywhere around 15 mobs or more. He will usually finish a dungeon at 35k dps overall in prot spec and 60% overall dmg done lol. We've actually had bets with people to try and beat him in overall dmg done on non-gimmicky dungeons. If they win, they get 1k gold. Nobody has won yet. Of course, people on our server aren't very good.

I vote yes, as long as everyone in the group consents to it being okay.

Used to do BC dungeons with Shamans and Boomkins tanking. Used to heal through the damage with vampiric embrace on my shadow priest. Yeah it was a challenge but with friends that kinda thing can be really fun

A tank in tank spec but dps gear preforms remarkably well, in fact I pull only slightly less then in frost. would I switch to my dps spec and try and tank? No, because I lose too much survive-ability when it comes to mastery loss. With rotation of CD's properly they don't realize I'm in dps gear until they try and find out why my dps is so high. It just goes to show that proper management of cool downs and ability's can make up for a loss in gear.

not possible.. since u will be crushed by their attacks.. u cannot change spec.. but wearing dps gear is just fine just not a dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    I go Blood in my dps gear all the time, sure, I take a bit more damage, but I don't get stomped.

Blowing through heroics doing 50k+ is pretty nifty.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

Im a healer and id rather a dps try it, it makes it more interesting.
    “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde