Deleted

World of Logs question

Evening guys
    To start off i'll say that my connection is a bit unstable which causes few dc's during raids. Usually i have <40 ms but sometimes during boss fights i get bad lagspikes (1+ min) or dc right after the pull. As it turns out im the person responsible for WoL in my guild and here's the problem. I record combat log into a file and then upload it after the raid, but usually after dc i forget to turn the combatlog on.
    If i choose to report it live how will that affect my connection, i'd assume higher ms- correct me if im wrong.
    Secondly if i dc, do i still have to type in /combatlog for it to report while in live mode?
    Thx in advance and sorry if this has been already answered

I run the WoL for my raid as well. /combatlog tells the game client to print out your combat log the text file, this must be done after every DC no matter what. Having WoL run live wont change that as it is just checking the text file for changes as the night continues. There are several addons out there that will start combat logging automatically when you enter a raid instance, Loggerhead and AutoLog for example. I don't use them but I have been known to miss an attempt or two after a DC because I forgot to reenable.

You can also ask someone else to record their logs as back ups, that way if something happens with your logs you can upload theirs for the night instead.

The following addon solves the entire problem:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/autolog

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doktorek View Post
    If i choose to report it live how will that affect my connection, i'd assume higher ms- correct me if im wrong.
    The effect is negligible, because live reporting does not transmit on a line-by-line basis, it collects a certain amount of data then sends it at once periodically during the logging, or explicitly when you press sync on the client.

I use this little mod, same as above, gives you a pop-up like you just got a summons asking if you want to start logging anytime you go into a raid.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/broker-combatlog

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, use one of those mods or tell your raid team to remind you whenever you log back after a disconnect. One out of 9/24 other people are sure to remember.

Deleted
    0Thx for the replies, deffinately gonna use one of the mods u gave me. I asked my raid to remind me to start up the logs but none of them do, i was even considering experimenting with powerauras to create an aura to do it for me:P(remind me to put it on)
    Last edited by mmocc3ed71bf3e; 2012-02-15 at 01:49 AM.

If you have an unstable connection the raid really shouldnt be relying on you to log for them as it will be innacurate once uploaded. You may want to consider asking someone else to log for you and if you dont want to give out the pass to the WoL acct have them email you the log after raids so you can upload it.