Thread: PvP Draft

Deleted

PvP Draft

- Reduce the wait time at beginning of games to one minute. Two minutes are too long.

- Make it similiar to PvE 5 mans where you need specific amount of roles; for every 5 man group in bg's there should be one or two healers. For example WSG, a 10 man, would have two or four healers per team and AB wich are 15 would have three or six healers per team. (This rule might be discarded with 40 man bg's.)

- REMOVE the random BG button. This will force players to choose a bg that they enjoy, wich is good. Almost every BG there is one that complains "NOT THIS BG AGAIN", and I feel their pain. So why do we queue random you might ask? For the extra honor.

- Since the random bg button is gone, put the extra honor on every BG, with even more extra on weekends.

- Reset cooldowns when you die. This will help noob players that die often. But people will abuse it? I think not because it means dying to the enemy, wich leaves you ressing a 30 sec timer, running back and no assisting your allies. This might also prevent graveyard camping.

- Bracket people with the same or close amount of ilvl. For balance reasons.

- Make a "top player" medal. You will achieve this medal the more objectives you complete. Capturing/returning flags. Assaulting/defending towers/nodes.
    This awards you with a bag of PHAT LEWT wich contains extra honor, gold and chance for rare companion or mount. This will encourage players to do objectives instead of farming midfields and afking. (not sure if this will be a one over all best player medal or one per best alliance and horde medal)

- Make an "assists" tab similiar to killing blows and deaths. This will increase by attacking the same target and said target dies. (probably seen this in other games)

Not sure if I've forgotten something.

So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Why?
    Last edited by mmoc53afbdba40; 2012-02-14 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ENGLISH

With the said idea, healers would be unable to complete these suggested objectives, thus increasing the queue times for the BG since everyone wants free stuff.
    Currently BG queues are not horrible because of the random button - though i agree completely that the equality in teams is flawed. I've seen as many as 5/10 players being healers on my battlegroup, while the other faction might have 1 healer if their lucky. In my opinion there should be a cap on amount of healers per bg, say 3/10. Blizzard could easily adjust the LFR type system to check role upon entry (or queue as) and have the pre game 'respec' lock if the role is filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    - Reduce the wait time at beginning of games to one minute. Two minutes are too long.

- Make it similiar to PvE 5 mans where you need specific amount of roles; for every 5 man group in bg's there should be one or two healers. For example WSG, a 10 man, would have two or four healers per team and AB wich are 15 would have three or six healers per team. (This rule might be discarded with 40 man bg's.)

- REMOVE the random BG button. This will force players to choose a bg that they enjoy, wich is good. Almost every BG there is one that complains "NOT THIS BG AGAIN", and I feel their pain. So why do we queue random you might ask? For the extra honor.

- Since the random bg button is gone, put the extra honor on every BG, with even more extra on weekends.

- Reset cooldowns when you die. This will help noob players that die often. But people will abuse it? I think not because it means dying to the enemy, wich leaves you ressing a 30 sec timer, running back and no assisting your allies. This might also prevent graveyard camping.

- Bracket people with the same or close amount of ilvl. For balance reasons.

- Make a "top player" medal. You will achieve this medal the more objectives you complete. Capturing/returning flags. Assaulting/defending towers/nodes.
    This awards you with a bag of PHAT LEWT wich contains extra honor, gold and chance for rare companion or mount. This will encourage players to do objectives instead of farming midfields and afking. (not sure if this will be a one over all best player medal or one per best alliance and horde medal)

- Make an "assists" tab similiar to killing blows and deaths. This will increase by attacking the same target and said target dies. (probably seen this in other games)

So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Why?
    It is a good idea, but I know that you stole this idea after doing a game of Hutt Ball in Star Wars: The Old Republic! They already do this!!! lol!!

or you could do a rated battleground if your that anal about organized pvp and group makeups

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    It is a good idea, but I know that you stole this idea after doing a game of Hutt Ball in Star Wars: The Old Republic! They already do this!!! lol!!
    The idea of an MVP isn't exactly new, multiplayer games have been doing it for years.

Anywho:

1. Not sure I agree, the waiting period gives people a bit of time to prepare, make sure they didn't accidentally queue in their tank spec and time for the teams to fill up. Further, it's just much more fun to join a game that hasn't yet started than one already in progress.

2. I wouldn't mind this, but you have to keep in mind it would increase queue times, perhaps even make them endless if there weren't enough healers to sate demand. As a result, you'd probably have to make healers a bit more fun to play, I'm not saying make them overpowered, but being the focus of CC isn't fun for a lot of people.

3. Some people like the less-popular BGs, would be a shame if they suddenly became unable to play them due to everyone selecting WSG.

4. See 3.

5. This is something that always confused me, why are cooldowns on a per-match basis rather than per-life? You'd probably have to disallow longer cooldowns, like in arenas, however; Much to the chagrin of Elemental shamans.

6. As far as I know, the system already tries to do this, only matching players of unequal ilevel when it can't find players to match you with. However, I've heard it only matches you with the people in your team, making it perfectly possible to be matched with a bunch of lowly-geared people against a team with full arena gear. If this is true, and not just some rumor, it needs to be fixed.

7. I like the idea of an MVP, but this could be very difficult to determine based on simple BG stats, further, sometimes that one guy who defends a point when nobody else will can be your most valuable player, even if they don't have the stats to prove it; Those guys get punished enough.

8. I like this idea, encourage people to help others rather than go off and do their own thing, would be even better if assisting awarded bonus honor.

In all, some good ideas and some shaky ones.

Reduce the wait time at beginning of games to one minute. Two minutes are too long.
    sure but also decrease the pop up time. because atm thats 2min also.

- Make it similiar to PvE 5 mans where you need specific amount of roles; for every 5 man group in bg's there should be one or two healers. For example WSG, a 10 man, would have two or four healers per team and AB wich are 15 would have three or six healers per team. (This rule might be discarded with 40 man bg's.) then there will also be players who select a role but don't play it. you don't need x healers to win a bg. in pve you need that healer/tank. this will also increase/decrease the queue times for some roles/spec. so they queue up for all and play the spec they like. not a fan of this.

- REMOVE the random BG button. This will force players to choose a bg that they enjoy, wich is good. Almost every BG there is one that complains "NOT THIS BG AGAIN", and I feel their pain. So why do we queue random you might ask? For the extra honor. this will increase the queue time by alot. and me playing horde on eu its not fun. also i like av. but 90% don't so the change i will get my av is pretty small.

- Since the random bg button is gone, put the extra honor on every BG, with even more extra on weekends. even more honor?

- Reset cooldowns when you die. This will help noob players that die often. But people will abuse it? I think not because it means dying to the enemy, wich leaves you ressing a 30 sec timer, running back and no assisting your allies. This might also prevent graveyard camping. it's just plain stupid. because if i know i will lose i'll just pop my cooldowns. and think about shamans with there bloodlust and elementals popping up? no thx.

- Bracket people with the same or close amount of ilvl. For balance reasons. this is a good idea BUT very hard to implant. because atm WoW doesn't know if i got pvp gear or pve gear. so what happens if i want to start some pvping with my heroic geared pve char? join the 2500+ pvpers? yea that will work out just great.

This awards you with a bag of PHAT LEWT wich contains extra honor, gold and chance for rare companion or mount. This will encourage players to do objectives instead of farming midfields and afking. (not sure if this will be a one over all best player medal or one per best alliance and horde medal) again this is really hard to implent. because in the end there is no top players. we all did our share. but maybe decrease the honor gained from hk and increase the honor gained from objectives.

maybe it has its uses in rated bg. but i see no need for random bgs.

So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Why? mostly disagree. and the reason is most of the times players will find a way to exploid it.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-02-15 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    sure but also decrease the pop up time. because atm thats 2min also.
    Good addition.

then there will also be players who select a role but don't play it. you don't need x healers to win a bg. in pve you need that healer/tank. this will also increase/decrease the queue times for some roles/spec. so they queue up for all and play the spec they like. not a fan of this.
    Lets say that you are a shaman with elemental and enhancement specs. None of those are healer thus you cant queue as a healer. But if with elemental and resto you can queue as both. Then you are supposed to do your role like in PvE else you might be considered an asshole and get votekicked. (you cant vote kick in bg's but if that option also were added)

I know you dont need x amount of healers in bgs (healer free bg's are awesome imo), just that both teams get same amount of healers for balance reasons. You might have played games (10 man this case) where one team has 3 healers and the other has barely one. The 3 healer team will most likely win.

this will increase the queue time by alot. and me playing horde on eu its not fun. also i like av. but 90% don't so the change i will get my av is pretty small.
    Personally as an alliance with 1-2 min queues, I'd lose them for 10-15 min queues (dunno how long hordes have) for more balanced games. Horde get longer queues because more horde pvp than alliance i believe? You could also bracket bgs depending on group size; 10 man, 15 and 40 if it would be for any help.

even more honor? Yea, I'd figure by the time you have played 3 or 4 short matches you would instead play 1 or 2 long matches with more honor. A trade from many short matches to few long ones. Dunno wich you prefer.

it's just plain stupid. because if i know i will lose i'll just pop my cooldowns. and think about shamans with there bloodlust and elementals popping up? no thx.
    You are right, its a stupid idea. I forgott the sated effect fades when you die, and other cd's would be OP. Skip this one would probably be better.

this is a good idea BUT very hard to implant. because atm WoW doesn't know if i got pvp gear or pve gear. so what happens if i want to start some pvping with my heroic geared pve char? join the 2500+ pvpers? yea that will work out just great.
    I'm sure Blizzard could implent a way if they actually wanted to. High ilvl pve gear could equal medium geared pvp gear, and high ilvl pvp only allows other high ones.

again this is really hard to implent. because in the end there is no top players. we all did our share. but maybe decrease the honor gained from hk and increase the honor gained from objectives. Theres always better players than other ones. Those that go for Ironman (3 cap without dying) those that return 10+ flags a game etc. reducing honor from hks and increasing objectives is a good idea.

maybe it has its uses in rated bg. but i see no need for random bgs.
    Assist could give more honor like EdisonTrent above said.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    or you could do a rated battleground if your that anal about organized pvp and group makeups
    Not everyone can just login whenever they want and play their super leet heroic raids and high rated bg's. The PvE-ers got their raid finder for those less hardcore so the PvP-ers could get something similar, some pvp love. Or perhaps you want unbalanced games.

Quote Originally Posted by El View Post
    With the said idea, healers would be unable to complete these suggested objectives, thus increasing the queue times for the BG since everyone wants free stuff.
    Currently BG queues are not horrible because of the random button - though i agree completely that the equality in teams is flawed. I've seen as many as 5/10 players being healers on my battlegroup, while the other faction might have 1 healer if their lucky. In my opinion there should be a cap on amount of healers per bg, say 3/10. Blizzard could easily adjust the LFR type system to check role upon entry (or queue as) and have the pre game 'respec' lock if the role is filled.
    Healers could also get a bag of goodies chosen by haveing most healing done. Encouraging healing.
    Last edited by mmoc53afbdba40; 2012-02-15 at 03:45 PM. Reason: stuff