Deleted

FPS Issue on Asspire 5742G

Hey MMO-Champion.

I got some fps issue playing swtor on Aspire 5742G

My computer specs are
    Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU m480 2.67 GHz
    Graphic Card: Nvidia GT 540M
    Ram: 6gb

As far as i know i shouldn't have any problems, since i've watched people showing off the same specs on youtube some up to 60 fps.
    But i only got like 20-30 fps in Flashpoints and 15-22 fps in Ops.

The pc is alittle more than a half year old, so there shouldn't really be any dust in it, and im already using a laptop cooler.

Just wondering if any of you pro gamers would have any suggestions out there?

Thanks for any future advise!
    Last edited by mmoc46b8431c26; 2012-02-14 at 11:38 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Check for the following:
    Zero viruses and malware on the PC - follow the guide in my sig if need be
    Windows updates
    Graphics card driver update
    Reducing video settings to increase performance
    power options set to high performance and not a battery saving mode

Any number of these things can prevent you from having peak performance.

Deleted
    Thank you very much Caladin i will try follow your guide and head back to you!

If anyone else have some other suggestions they are more than welcome to post them. Thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, you could check this thread about installing DX9 library.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...?highlight=dx9

It helped attleast for me to increase the FPS.

Deleted
    Culadin has it sorted. I doubt the DX9 Lib issue will matter for the NV 5xx series. Didn't make a difference on my 560, same with a friends 550 (Though he gets a better FPS with his overclocked 2500K).

http://stylez.wordpress.com/2007/04/...slow-computer/ might also help. Make sure you hide microsoft services when disabling any services.

Could be you have a lot of rubbish running in the background that was tacked in by Acer like any typical laptop manufacturer

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning shadows down or off is probably the biggest performance boost you can get, closely followed by anti-aliasing.

Laptop may be throttling performance either due to power consumption going up and it wants to preserve the battery (even if you are on mains) or heat production. Check the power settings of the laptop, and make sure it isn't slowing down on mains. Clean out the vents with a clean air duster ("aerosol" can that contains air) if you're confident of popping the bottom off the laptop. You'll be surprised at the crap that can build up in a short space of time, especially if you're constantly taking the laptop with you (for a commute or whatever).