Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

so i quit games...

i just pretty much deleted all my games from my pc after seeing my friend losing 25kgs in 2 months , although i've already done what he is done ( actually double) iam at the 100kgs line at the moment.

iam planning to start going to the gym-focusing on studies... but what other things can i do that doesn't include having a girlfriend/alcohol?

this thread is going places

because you cant play games and do those things as well?

Congrats for losing weight, but...you can game and exercise, you know. They're not mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you come to an internet forum almost entirely devoted to gaming to ask how to do anything besides it.

Id say that isn't a very wise decision. That's like pissing off every lion in a den and then jumping in the den to ask how to control your anger issues.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Take up a sport/instrument/hobby.

Deleted
    Living life.

You're doing it wrong.

the only problem when it comes to gaming with me is that fact that i get so addicted to the point where i was actually called wowhead once... and i posted here cause it was the off topic forums xD

are instruments really fun though? i want something where i can actually go crazy for it

Quote Originally Posted by razius View Post
    what other things can i do that doesn't include having a girlfriend/alcohol?
    hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, road biking, motorcycling, running/jogging, fishing, hunting, photography, volunteer (animal shelter/hospital), model cars/trains, etc. So many things to do.

oh i definitely know that , but the very least , am trying to change bro

cut this guy some slack man, games are a significant distraction. it's fine if you delete them and as you get into the habit of exercising daily, to slowly start playing again. take your time and manage your time well. Good luck.

the only problem when it comes to gaming with me is that fact that i get so addicted to the point where i was actually called wowhead once... and i posted here cause it was the off topic forums xD

are instruments really fun though? i want something where i can actually go crazy for it
    If you like music, the instrument you chose, and practicing, it's fun.

the only problem when it comes to gaming with me is that fact that i get so addicted to the point where i was actually called wowhead once...
    It sounds to me like you have an addictive personality, and you're likely just substituting one "addiction" for another. The key is moderation. Again, you can play video games AND exercise. But to each their own, if you want to give it up completely, be my guest.

Deleted
    Like someone else said, learn an instrument. An other suggestion would be to get an active hobby, like gymming, bicycling or any other active hobbies. I've played football since I was a little boy and will probably have to quit soon due to a badly injured knee. But I will still remain in football as a referee, which I recently took a more advance course in. So that will be my active hobby, you will just have to find what you think is fun!

Deleting your games doesn't magically make you fit you know
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Hockey, Motocross and School take up a majority of my time...DO THOSE NAO!

the biggest thing to what makes gamers have such a negative face is the fact that most do NOT understand the concept of "balance." you can be in good shape, and have a good job, etc etc as long as you don't obsess over games.

i know plenty of folks in the army who are top-notch soldiers, have great PT scores, and are still avid gamers. you're doing something wrong.

also, if you quit because of that, then you're going to end up playing again because working out and being in shape isn't as fun as wow is.

Deleted
    oh i definitely know that , but the very least , am trying to change bro
    \
    You still have to do something you enjoy from time to time.

You will bore yourself to death with only exercising and studying and you won't last long without something (in your case games) you enjoy to do.

It is good you want to change but you don't have to go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Deleting your games doesn't magically make you fit you know
    didnt say i was fit , but i've done the whole weight losing thing =/