Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What are your interests besides gaming? You could try any number of hobbies. Skiing, camping, tinkering with things: either cars, computers, cofee makers, vibrators, televisions, etc... Learning an instrument is a good suggestion.

Also not sure if you're dieting or just exercising, but dieting if you can stand it will help you shed some pounds.
    I quit soda and didn't really increase my activity level any and lost 10 pounds in about 2 months.
    Last edited by Gringgotts; 2012-02-15 at 12:58 AM.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    What are your interests besides gaming? You could try any number of hobbies. Skiing, camping, tinkering with things: either cars, computers, cofee makers, vibrators, televisions, etc... Learning an instrument is a good suggestion.
    i recently started obsessing about making my own rig , but then i asked my self , why build it and not use it for anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razius View Post
    oh i definitely know that , but the very least , am trying to change bro
    Just so you know, there's nothing wrong about playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Just so you know, there's nothing wrong about playing games.
    the only problem i have is not being able to balance (main reasons how i lost weight) am assuming that an instrument or a hobby wont be addictive

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats stopping you from gaming and hitting the gym and having a girlfriend and drinking on occasion?! I do all these things and still occasionally have some free time.

Deleted
    A guy mentioned an instrument.... do it!

I was addicted to WoW at one point, learnt Bass guitar, now it's not only a great form of recreation and relaxation I can use it as a creative outlet to write songs and pieces of music.

Why not go further and join a band? A new hobby is even better when you're making money/new friends!!!!!

i really appreciate all the answers guys <3 to all ... reason why i love mmo-champion forums xD

i will go sign up for my gym tomorrow and search for music classes , i think am gonna try guitar-electric guitar

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IanAKASobe View Post
    Whats stopping you from gaming and hitting the gym and having a girlfriend and drinking on occasion?! I do all these things and still occasionally have some free time.
    ok so this is me playing a game... an example would be league of legends , i would never even start a game before i know every single aspect of the game , its an obsessive behavior that i cant control , if i dont actually do my research , i never actually start a game

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the website for whatever town you live in, assuming it has one, most do. Look in the "things to do" section and pick a couple each week, it will get you out and about and often is pretty fun/inexpensive

Learn a dance. You don't have to be fit to dance, it's mostly technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Go to the website for whatever town you live in, assuming it has one, most do. Look in the "things to do" section and pick a couple each week, it will get you out and about and often is pretty fun/inexpensive
    can you give me an example of a website that you're mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by razius View Post
    can you give me an example of a website that you're mentioning?
    http://www.slcgov.com/

Not my hometown but gives a rough idea of what many city websites might have as far as events go. My hometown is a quite a bit smaller than Salt Lake City so many of our events are seasonal and don't occur on a daily/weekly basis but there are still a good bit to do at times and if there isn't anything happening here there's probably a good bit in the city 15 minutes south of here.

Why would you stop doing things you love for things that you think are more benefitial to you? You could be denying yourself actual happiness :/
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Learn an instrument.
    Have to agree. I find myself wishing I still played the cello. Learning a musical instrument can be a very enriching hobby.

getting fit takes like.. 4-5 hours a week of solid commitment. hit the gym for ~ an hour 3-4 times a week, and while it takes a few months to start really getting places, it doesn't have to cut into you doing what you want. as i'm sure plenty of people will agree, you can be fit and play video games at the same time. if you're so obsessive when it comes to games, what makes you think you won't act the same way around any other hobby? at least do something you enjoy with your time, and getting fit in the meantime is pretty simple.

Goodluck with all this life change you are trying to pull off, I hope you can stay motivated; however, make sure you are really excited to do the things people are suggesting. If you start to try to learn an instrument and don't truely enjoy it (you sound questionable on the instrument issue) you won't stick with it. So whatever you decide just be sure you'll enjoy it enoughto see it through (39478634756% true for anything new you are putting money towards, gym membership, guitar). I thought I was changing my life about a year ago and turns out I fold like a house of cards under high presure sales techniques and am prone to being convinced to spend money doing things that sound cool and good at the time but my heart isn't in it 100% (joining a gym was a costly mistake in my case, may not be for you however).

My point in a nutshell is don't be hasty picking a new avenue for your time and money to be invested in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I took up a martial art and love it. Gives a little bit of exercise (not nearly as much as just going out and running, but still some), a group of fun people to hang out with, and a release for stresses. You could give that a try! (I recommend jujutsu.... because it's the best. Not because I do it and therefor favor it..)

Deleted
    Learn to cook (healthy!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to the haters, and congrats on the weight you've already lost.

There are tons of things you can do to keep yourself busy!
    Going out with friends (doesn't need to involve alcohol)
    Biking/running/swimming
    Learn an instrument (keyboard instruments are simple to begin, very satisfying when you become good)
    Volunteering
    Painting (doesn't have to be on canvas either, you can paint models eg. Warhammer)

sounds like you have an addictive personality you find anything else and you will revert back to how you were playing games but instead of games its your next hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    sounds like you have an addictive personality you find anything else and you will revert back to how you were playing games but instead of games its your next hobby
    This. Games have nothing whatsoever to do with losing weight. My buddy has gone from 240 to 180 pounds in the last few months and all he's changed is diet and exercise. Still plays games.

My advice: Do what you like, but do it smarter.