Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When I feel like less gaming and training is already covered time wise I spend the rest at the shooting range or working on my Warhammer 40k collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really see any discussion in this, good luck I guess?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Lol... QFT.

Did you quit games because you absolutely hated them? Or did you think "maybe if I don't have games I won't sit around as much and thus lose weight".

As others have said, you can definitely play games as well as exercise, eat a balanced diet and have an organized study routine. It's poor discipline when you cut something you probably like to do out of your life.

Also if you managed to lose double of 25kgs in 2 months that is very extreme to your body. When you lose weight fast, you gain weight fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give video game design a try, the irony would be overwhelming.

Fix your keyboard.
    Your Shift key seems to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy marmalade View Post
    Did you quit games because you absolutely hated them? Or did you think "maybe if I don't have games I won't sit around as much and thus lose weight".

As others have said, you can definitely play games as well as exercise, eat a balanced diet and have an organized study routine. It's poor discipline when you cut something you probably like to do out of your life.

Also if you managed to lose double of 25kgs in 2 months that is very extreme to your body. When you lose weight fast, you gain weight fast.
    omg no... i didnt lose 50kgs in 2 months , i did it in 7-8 months , that would've been very unhealthy ><

Deleted
    try something like rock-climbing with friends. I've heard that it is very enjoyable and its active.

Get into stunt kiting,

Usually, I'd comment on how you should just manage your time schedule if you can't lose weight besides gaming, but I do understand the problem with getting too addicted to gaming.

I think that many people who are overweight and play video games/sit on the computer a lot, just have an issue with managing their time, and waste too much time dilly-dallying while they're doing something. If you focus on doing things properly, you can do them fast and still have time to exercise properly.

People have already given many good alternatives besides gaming though, so I won't comment on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do your studies, go to the gym and game on if you have time left over.

No reason to quit it completely if your schedule has free time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy marmalade View Post

i actually left some games in my pc , but i mainly deleted time sinks (wow,ffxi,swtor) and left games like League of Legends and some classics (super nintendo)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razius View Post
    i just pretty much deleted all my games from my pc after seeing my friend losing 25kgs in 2 months , although i've already done what he is done ( actually double) iam at the 100kgs line at the moment.

iam planning to start going to the gym-focusing on studies... but what other things can i do that doesn't include having a girlfriend/alcohol?
    I actually lost 20kg (from 90kg to 70kg) in 2 or 3 months even WITH playing videogames and drinking a lot in the weekend. The problem isn't games and such, the problem is a bad eating habit and not enough exercise.

Anyway, somehow I feel that the OP is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I actually lost 20kg (from 90kg to 70kg) in 2 or 3 months even WITH playing videogames and drinking a lot in the weekend. The problem isn't games and such, the problem is a bad eating habit and not enough exercise.

Anyway, somehow I feel that the OP is trolling.
    was never trolling , being very serious ...

i already took steps into changing , got into some guitar classes, and also started going back to the gym , enjoying the things am doing now

appreciate everyone taking the time to answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to screen print. It's great for several reasons:
    1. It's a fun passtime
    2. It's not an expensive hobby and it doesn't take a lot of space
    3. You can make your own shirts and actully save money in the long run

I can't really speak for your local economy/currency, but I bought a screen and a bunch of ink for less than $40 USD a couple years back. You can find tutorials on Youtube and once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless. I print all my own t-shirts, cheaper and higher quality than what you'd find at the mall or in shops. I even make a decent amount of money on the side printing shirts for friends.

Not sure if this link will work, but these are a few of the things I've made as an example of what I'm talking about:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=af22f9c6ce

are instruments really fun though?
    Well "fun" is subjective so nobody can tell you whether you find learning an instrument fun or not. Learning an instrument is actually quite similar to gaming in many aspects. (The kind of gaming where your skill matters, where you become better through practice and where the better you get the more you get out of it -- not the WoW kind of gaming where the instrument plays itself so you can "experience all the content" because you paid money to buy it just like everyone else.)

I removed all the bacon from my fridge and gained 5kg

OMG

your fault you cant manage your time & priorities first, no eating plan, lack of exersize, social interaction, more hobbies that include being physically active. games having nothing to do with it.

i just pretty much deleted all my games from my pc after seeing my friend losing 25kgs in 2 months , although i've already done what he is done ( actually double) iam at the 100kgs line at the moment.

iam planning to start going to the gym-focusing on studies... but what other things can i do that doesn't include having a girlfriend/alcohol?
    Get a guitar and start rocking bro "Dont worry..Be Happy"