Thread: riven build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

riven build

hi there !
    i'd like to ask you guys about builds on riven. lately i've learned how to play her very well and using her abilities in a proper way but my problem is my build...
    i have a pretty nice early game dominance but late game i just dont feel like it is supposed to be that way...
    so here is how i build her
    doran's blade>cd reduction boots>brutalizer>phage>bf sword>bloodthirster>frozen mallet>infinity edge>ghostblade>guardian angel
    tell me if that should be my build or should i change it

Deleted
    My standard Riven build is something like this (note: I jungle on Riven): Cloth+5hp pots start. Wriggle, Merc treads, Hexdrinker, Brutalizer, Phage, Frozen Mallet, Atmas/Bloodthrister. In lane I would say the best is probably something like bot+ 3hp pots then into brut followed by a bloodthrister. I would advice against going crit since you dont auto attack that much as Riven and for going crit you pretty much need attack speed as well which you cant really afford to build. Going Wriggle in a hard lane match up is probably a wise choice. Also, avoid cdr boots. better to go for Merc or Ninja Tab.

Boots > Brut > Bloodthirster > G.A/urg, that damn item that gives armour pen 40%, > more BT > more BT > more BT!

Riven scales ridiculously well with AD, both offensively and defensively, so you really wanna get that up as quickly as possible. Imo she doesnt need the frozen mallet, if you really wanna build a phage into something, try a triforce! Everyone loves triforce.

for lane my build goes like this=
    boots +3 pots => hitting 950g
    get 2 doran's blade for hp + lane sustain and dmg
    then build BT

at this time stop and look to your game and opponents; if they are focusing on you alot build GA
    if they are stacking up armor items build Last Whisper
    İf they do neither stack more BT's

and dont initiate with riven, try to stay alive , with 3 bt 1 death costs you +120 dmg ^^

very late game sell doran's for more BT's

Deleted
    I myself started playing riven recently aswell, and I was having troubles aswell with what build to go for. So I lurked around and found: lolpro.com/guides/riven/144-riven-top-lane which is pretty much what Nightelf above said, but there are some more strategies and stuff there, helped me out a bunch. GL

Depends on riven how the other team reacts.

Most games I will get a wriggles (doing cloth and 5 pots top lane for early sustain) then its a choice of do they have magic damage? If so get a hexdrinker (or consider it) otherwise get a brut/BT depends on money situation here.

I will quite often get a mallet as well depending on how the game goes. if we have enough CC then I will not bother to grab one. GA is an item I usually get over a mallet purely because of the safety net. If I go mallet I will get an atmas after to give that extra damage (mallet lacks the dps but gives hp + slow which works well with atmas)

so to sum it up;

Wriggles, merc treads (finish these when you want tbh level 1 boots give you enough mobility early - mid), hexdrinker if magic else, brut/bt depending on money ga/mallet atma combo depending on situation. if game continues then think about your needs for more AP or damage/ defence.

Main issue with riven is when a team fight starts pick your target get your q spam with a w inbetwen and keep spamming your shield. BUT ensure you shield use is smart, (like dodging skill shots) your Q also doesnt get minion aggro if you attack other champions (when I checked on monday it still worked this way unsure if its changed, towers WILL aggro still so ofc be careful when under them)

Riven is designed to reward a highly aggressive playstyle; building tanky items on her are largely a waste. On the contrary, building items that provide high amounts of AD are very strong, as they significantly increase the power of her auto-attacks when combined with her passive and her Ultimate, as well as the potency on her shield. BT itself becomes very strong as an item because, as a result of Riven having very powerful non-crit auto attacks, lifesteal is a very potent stat.

As several people have said, Wriggle's - Bloodthirster - Guardian Angel - Last Whisper - Blood Thirster is a strong build.

Merc Treads, Ninja Tabi and Ionian Boots of Lucidity are all acceptable options for your boots.

An early hexdrinker has its merits against magic damage lanes or Karthus.

Situationally, Doran's Blades can be decent items to pick up early in lane.

Riven gains defense from offense. Valor is a beast of a shield and scales from AD. More AD = More Damage and More Defense. And because the highest AD item in the game also has LS on it, and LS is good for Riven aswell, its best to get a Bloodthirster early.

I start: Cloth5pot - Wriggles - Mercs - BT

Only getting wriggles before boots because you already have good mobility from broken wings and more armor in the top lane or jungle always helps. *Only two places you should be, and Wriggles is required for jungling*
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-02-16 at 07:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how much lane substain I need, I go Cloth + 5 if I'm against a hard lane with a lot of harass, building a wriggles after. Else I'm going boots + pots and then look how much substain I need, either going straight Brutalizer or Vampiric Scepter (then going brutalizer after). I take Mercury's or Ninja's after my Brutalizer.
    After that I build a Bloodthirster. Then a Phrozen Mallet, atma's impaler, Guardian's angel. I normally sell my Wriggle's (if I build one) for Guardian's.
    If you have leftover money, make sure to buy elixirs and finish your Brutalizer into a Youmoo's Ghostblade.

R>Q>E>W

Deleted
    My build is tanky DPS, cloth and 5, go into wriggles, merc treads, brutaliser, vamp scepter, phage, bloodthirster, frozen mallet, atmas impaler, yomuu's. gives her good sustain, decent tankiness, a slow to ensure enemies cant escape, armor pen and a speed steroid and a nice AD.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=8379

Boots, BT, BT = LW, GA, or just Warmogs for luls(you won't reach this point that often). Building her tanky generally isn't a good idea. She scales much better with AD for offense and defense. So building warmogs as her first major items is just a bad move.

Deleted
    2 very high elo player guides:
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=8379
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=16914

Bloodthirster > IE
    AD > pure defense

All of you say Brutalizer, I disagree. Youmuu's is useless on Riven because you don't need AS since you're just combo'ing attacks with an AA in between. Sure cdr/arp are good, but you are better off with something else. You can buy brutalizer as a luxury item, but replace it later, don't upgrade it.

9/10 games I'll go boots (usually tenacity) -> BF -> BT -> GA -> enemy team dependant, but probably last whisper. If I get a hard lane or a annoying jungler I might go Wriggles first, then BT. Since you get GA, you just want to wreck as much havoc as you can (E giving you a large shield) on their carries, die (while your team mashes on) and if necessary W -> E -> Q Q Q to safety.

Deleted
    Doran's Blade x2, The Brutalizer, The Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel, Last Whisper, Atma's Impaler, Warmog's Armor

Works very well. I sell The Brutalizer later.

I just stack Bloodthirsters .. Works like a charm since her shield scales of AD .. And stay away from any kind of Attack Speed .. It is utterly useless on her Just stack bloodthirsters and watch the enemy wheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    2 very high elo player guides:
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=8379
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=16914

Bloodthirster > IE
    AD > pure defense

All of you say Brutalizer, I disagree. Youmuu's is useless on Riven because you don't need AS since you're just combo'ing attacks with an AA in between. Sure cdr/arp are good, but you are better off with something else. You can buy brutalizer as a luxury item, but replace it later, don't upgrade it.

9/10 games I'll go boots (usually tenacity) -> BF -> BT -> GA -> enemy team dependant, but probably last whisper. If I get a hard lane or a annoying jungler I might go Wriggles first, then BT. Since you get GA, you just want to wreck as much havoc as you can (E giving you a large shield) on their carries, die (while your team mashes on) and if necessary W -> E -> Q Q Q to safety.
    ur looking on noob profiles... no wonder people dont know how to build in LoL ~)~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    ur looking on noob profiles... no wonder people dont know how to build in LoL ~)~
    You realise you just made yourself look pretty stupid right? Westrice is currently ranked 30th as solo queue @ 2300 ELO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You realise you just made yourself look pretty stupid right? Westrice is currently ranked 30th as solo queue @ 2300 ELO.
    Some random guy with no proof of knowledge obviously knows better. All Riven guides follow a similar principle: At least 1 BT and guardian angel. These are core. They don't build AS either. One builds beefy (FM/Atma/LW) while the other stacks damage (BT's/Brut/LW). I just carried 2 games, 1 where I got 2 BT/LW/GA and another where I got BT/GA/LW/FM due to no other tanks. Didn't even die once. Well I did, but GA <3

Riven doesnt scale very good with IE you are better off buying a second bloodthirster.
    N

basicly , boots depending on enemy team and if ur team has a tank or not . then ur core items should be atmas and warmogs + frozen mal or tri-force and then like situational items force of nature,randuins omen etc if u need to be more tanky or blood thirster and inifnity edge for more dmg : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    basicly , boots depending on enemy team and if ur team has a tank or not . then ur core items should be atmas and warmogs + frozen mal or tri-force and then like situational items force of nature,randuins omen etc if u need to be more tanky or blood thirster and inifnity edge for more dmg : )
    No, she doesn't scale well as a health bruiser, especially if you build that first. Have you played her? And triforce??