Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best AP character to play as AD carry?

I've heard that Janna as AD carry is pretty well liked by most people, are there any other champs that would work as AD carries even though they were never intended to be any?

Personally I was thinking of Swain, since all his abilities have some synergy with an AD carry.
    Passive grants him Mana on (minion)kills, which are easier to get as AD than as AP.
    His Q is a slow, which is always nice for an AD carry.
    His W is an AoE snare, very nice too.
    His E increases all the damage he deals to a target.
    His Ultimate has good basedamage and will be another source of health if things get dangerous.

So, anybody got other ideas?
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

Uhm I don't know how could janna be liked as AD to be honest, sure against ... not skilled enemies it will work, everything will, but to answer your question, there are 2 champions that really work, that is Kennen and Kog'maw (well you could argue that Kog is normal ad carry, but in fact at the beggining he was thought as of an AP, he didn't even have ad ratio on ult)

High Overlord
    Ahri- With charm and all that blinking things on ulty, nobody will get away.
    Kassadin- Silence and blinks.
    Anni -Easy last hits, HUGE range on basic attacks, every 5 spels, free stun. And Free mini thornmail.
    Ryze- Manamune and roots

Just ideas, never tried them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.

annie for lols. auto attack range is the longest base range out of the whole game. if you can position properly you basically can't get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    annie for lols. auto attack range is the longest base range out of the whole game. if you can position properly you basically can't get hit.
    Not true. Caitlyn has the longest range at lvl 1 in the game. Annie is second. Late game Tristana and Kog'maw outrange her.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    longer than anivia's?

Just play an AD carry if you like them.
    Not even AP Janna is really THAT good IMO.
    Why is this new trend becoming so popular of playing dumb builds on different-role champions?

If someone picks Brand I say "well, we have an AP carry already" and pick something else is needed.
    Imagine what'd happen if he decides to go AD because you know, it's cool and everyone is doing it? We would totally fail.

Warchief
    AD Ahri is brilliant. I reckong Ziggs could be pretty good as AD aswell.

Ad morgana is really strong aswell. Not because of her range but because of her snares / stuns. I owned a full build tryndamere 1v1 with ad morgana.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Why is this new trend becoming so popular of playing dumb builds on different-role champions?

If someone picks Brand I say "well, we have an AP carry already" and pick something else is needed.
    Imagine what'd happen if he decides to go AD because you know, it's cool and everyone is doing it? We would totally fail.
    If he doesn't call "I'm going ad" when he picks it, he's a bad player and you probably lost no matter which build he chooses.

In that case I'd totally dodge!

AD zilean is really viable aswell!

Was actually just looking to find a champion to pick so I can screw around with a few friends of mine. Building AD carries as Tanks, AP-Trynd, stuff like that. Also wanted to try out a trap-team, consisting of AP-Cait, AP-Teemo, AP-Nidalee, AP-Shaco and then a hyper-ad to balance it out.
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

Wow, wait. Hold on there!
    AD carries as tanks is called tanky dps, totally viable, and recommended too. (talking about melee! some players like aphromoo used to build atmogs on his kog'maw too)
    AP Trynd: weird, but I don't see why you can't fool around with that.
    AP Cait: dunno her ratios, but prob stupidly fun.
    AP Teemo: viable in the least.
    AP Nidalee: great build if you can hit those spears.
    AP Shaco: sometimes viable if your team lacks magic damage. Scary (like AP Teemo too) if played right.

The only thing I'm reaaally against is AP carries played as AD. Never seen one doing decent. In fact everyone of team fed the other team really bad.
    I'm not bashing that kind of weird builds, but seems unlikely to work against a half-brained team.

an actual AP that gets played as AD for tournaments is Kennen, last played by moscow 5 in IEM Kiev.

AD carries as tanks is called tanky dps, totally viable, and recommended too. (talking about melee! some players like aphromoo used to build atmogs on his kog'maw too)
    Atmogs on AD carries is just amazing when facing a heavy dive/burst team after you've got some damage already (trinity/IE). Works like a charm for me. Survive the initial damage and cleanup afterwards

I think the last time I did this was with graves (already tanky) against a team with tryn, irelia and gp all trying their best to shred me. Luckily Atmogs + soraka heal for armorbuff makes you insanely tanky

AD kennen is very popular since some Russian team won a tournament with ad kennen in team

Stood in the Fire Captain Noctus's Avatar
    AD Sona. 1 shotting people with Powercord.
    Thanks i4ni for the sig!

Orianna, bonus damage through passive
    Janna, bonus damage through shield
    Kennen, bonus damage through his dashthingy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    AD Ahri is brilliant. I reckong Ziggs could be pretty good as AD aswell.
    No... just no on AD Ziggs. Played with one, its terrible.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ