Deleted

[Arcane] Does mana meta ever surpass crit meta?

Getting higher and higher int (and max mana) aswell as increasing your mastery while leaving crit behind, is there a point when the mana meta surpasses the crit meta in efficiency and is this point reachable?

cheers

No. -10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    No. -10 char.
    Why not? Got some numbers?

Actually the higher the int gets the better the crit meta becomes (about 3x stronger when you have int in several 10k). This is mainly because the more int you have the less constricted you are by mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think also a big factor is that with the 30% mana refund from ur crits, it adds alot to the crit meta gem.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I think also a big factor is that with the 30% mana refund from ur crits, it adds alot to the crit meta gem.
    This is irrelevant. They are talking about the 54int/3%crit damage and the +max mana meta gems. There is no crit rating difference from either of these metas and therefore does not help you refund mana any more than normal.
    I would, however, be lead to believe that the 3% crit damage meta is still better for arcane because it just adds straight up damage. I would love to see some math done on this though.

Deleted
    Does the critmeta really add critchance though? I thought it only added critdamage, and I would assume the +2% mana could surpass at a certain amount of mastery but I reckon it would have to be alot?

Burning Shadowspirit Diamond VS. Ember Shadowspirit Diamond

Well I really don't think 2% is worth more than the crit for Arcane. That 2% is so negligible after being applied through mastery and spell coefficients. The int and crit dmg is a much better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    This is irrelevant. They are talking about the 54int/3%crit damage and the +max mana meta gems. There is no crit rating difference from either of these metas and therefore does not help you refund mana any more than normal.
    I would, however, be lead to believe that the 3% crit damage meta is still better for arcane because it just adds straight up damage. I would love to see some math done on this though.
    Thanks for the correction, i think i got my head stuck up in my ass or smth.. :P I agree with you pewpew, I think the increased mana pool hardly increases the dmg AB does, while 3% more crit damage is a considerable amount in my opinion, especially during burn phase where arcane hits like ~130/140k which is then 103% damage.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

If you had 150k mana buffed, ESD gives you a "massive" 3000 extra mana. That's insignificant. Even factoring in that you'd get an extra 60 spellpower during mana gem from ESD, it's really obvious that BSD is vastly superior.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual