Poll: Do you think rogues should be toned down in PvP?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Poll] Should rogues be toned down for PvP?

I'm just curious what people think, so I'm taking a poll. I play many classes, including rogue, so my opinion may be a little biased.

After you've voted, please state why you've chosen the answer you've chosen.

Choice 1: Yes!
    Choice 2: No!

Deleted
    I don't think so. Most rogues are bad and I beat them easily enough. Sometimes I die randomly in BGs when noone's around. I can only assume those are the good rogues.

Too much burst, CCs and CCs protection.
    Just scale up a little bit sustained damage and bring Shadow Dance to a 2 min cd like every other classes.

Deleted
    Yes, their damage with utility is too high. But it's not only the rogues but the melee in general who needs to be toned down (some more than others).
    The OPness of rogue has a lot to do with PvE gear which is easily accessable by LFR or having 10k.

Have you played against frost mages and blood dks during cata? Rogues are fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    I don't think so. Most rogues are bad and I beat them easily enough. Sometimes I die randomly in BGs when noone's around. I can only assume those are the good rogues.
    This. Good rogues are amazing, bad rogues are super easy targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Fuck yeah they need to be toned down. Slightly, just slightly damage wise.

Yeah, I think so.

I'm not sure how bad it's gonna get when 50% of rogues will be running round with orange weps though

yes, obviously

you cant argue they're not over the top. so many stuns, so hard to kill. smoke bomb is just gamechanging

also, through mages, warlocks and ferals in that list too

ah, who am i kidding? balancing their game doesnt make blizzard nearly as much money as adding shiny mounts to the cash shop

Take away their ability to Cloak of Shadows in the middle of a fight and that would be enough IMO. PvP is all that a rouge has for now.

Yep, they need to be toned down. They have every aspect of power and advantage a class can have at the moment:

Damage, control, mobility, survivability, escape, assist, and recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE gear in PVP should be toned down, not the rogues.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    polls like this won't have any effect on the game it's normally just a place to cry for people getting owned by rogues...

the best solution would be to know the class and how to counter it and not waiting until it gets nerfed.

paladins dks warrs, and you want to tone down rogues? You just play an easy class badly ?

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    paladins dks warrs, and you want to tone down rogues? You just play an easy class badly ?
    warriors, wutlol?

No.

First tune frost mages and feral mages. Yes, rogue's are awesome right now IF you play them right. It's been said before: bad rogue's are easy targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    No.

First tune frost mages and feral mages. Yes, rogue's are awesome right now IF you play them right. It's been said before: bad rogue's are easy targets.
    WTF is a feral mage? And I can say the exact same: Class X is AWESOME right now IF you play them right. Bad X are easy targets. Insert any class for X.

I think rogues are OP currently but that is more to do with their damage due to legendary's+vial combined with their control. Huge burst+many stuns+smoke bomb.

I also think smoke bomb should be removed from the game completely or given to a class that needs it more like ret pallys. They gave one of the strongest skills in the game to a class that is already strong in everything.

Hello I am a frost mage with a legendary...oh you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    PvP is all that a rouge has for now.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor.../7/60/default/

Clearly.

I think rogues should be toned down a bit.
    -They have great damage (especially with those damn daggers)
    -They are one of the best CC classes in the game (only beaten by frost mages Imo)
    - They are so damn good at escaping
    - The can negate a melee's damage (evasion, disarm and so on)
    - and they have a very powerful heal for a non-healing class
    This is of course only my opinion and I particularly feel like they should be toned down cause I kept getting destroyed by PMR and RLS last night so my opinion is pretty biased at the moment.
    All in all rogues are sort of a jack of all trades master of [strike]none[/strike] all.

EDIT: no strike tags on mmo champion? :'( There goes my joke lol

EDITAGAIN: That being said I have a rogue on one of my 3s teams and I'm glad I do lol
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-02-15 at 05:10 PM.