Assassin tank mitigation stats

I just finished leveling an assassin tank and started to gear him up and have stacked defense, but i have been told by different people that defense doesnt scale as well as absorption or shield..Is there any truth to this?? or any sites where some theorycraft has been done regarding these stats?

R

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe there is a defense cap but after a certain amount of defense absorption and shields stat weight goes up. I don't have the best memory so entirely unsure of what the defense "cap" was.

Deleted
    You should focus on geting defense/absorption, The stat priorites won't change till both your defense and absorption add up to roughly 600, so 400 defence and 200 absorbption is what you want to aim for,go for defense first, i am pretty much full bis as tank and that 600 total takes a long time to reach.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...endium?page=35

Some info for you to read

Defense only mitigates 2 of the 4 types of damage. It does nothing to kinetic and internal, you can verify this by mousing over the defense stat on your char sheet in-game. This is part of the reason why shield and absorb are worth more. We also have Dark Ward which increases our shield chance by 15%. Combine that with a 2-peice set bonus that further increases our shield chance by 5% and the value of absorption has gone way up. Shield and Absorb are reliant on each other, the higher one goes the higher the value of the other becomes. Due to abilities and set bonuses our shield chance is very high, so absorb becomes very valuable.

In addition to this, if you look at our set gears, they almost all have Accuracy and Absorb, with a little defense on a couple pieces. I am partially going to hi-jac this thread and question the importance of Accuracy. It seems most of what I use are Force Powers, Wither, Discharge, Shock and Force Lightning, which I thought already had 100% chance to hit. Seems like Accuracy is less important than Shield/Absorb/Def to me, but the survivor sets of gear are loaded with Acc. Can someone explain this?

Deleted
    In addition to this, if you look at our set gears, they almost all have Accuracy and Absorb, with a little defense on a couple pieces. I am partially going to hi-jac this thread and question the importance of Accuracy. It seems most of what I use are Force Powers, Wither, Discharge, Shock and Force Lightning, which I thought already had 100% chance to hit. Seems like Accuracy is less important than Shield/Absorb/Def to me, but the survivor sets of gear are loaded with Acc. Can someone explain this?
    Well we are ment to use thrash quite a bit and ss, Threat generation is very good though even with out thrash, if you look at the last pages on my link some of it is explained there, I still keep 98% accuracy just incase i do use thrash for a bit more threat but accuracy is an almost usless stat, i tend to go for shield/defense enhancements to avoid accuracy, i can't remember off the top of my head if there is a shield/absorp enhancement but i think there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    i can't remember off the top of my head if there is a shield/absorp enhancement but i think there is.
    There is, it's a reward option from the heroic 2+ on ilum.

Thanks for the replies and link...tons of useful info there

R