Deleted

Question Hardmode: Ultraxion, resto Druid help needed.

Hello fellow druids! (Sorry if there already are a thread)

My question are:

In the following scenarios, how do you heal?

If you are using RED crystal, my guess is that, you should try to use Rejuvenation, and of course keep Wild growth, and Effloresence on cooldown.
    Do you have time / mana to cast direct heals? When using RED crystal?

If you are using GREEN crystal, my guess is that you do the same as on RED crystal, Rejuvenation, and of course keep Wild growth and Effloresence on cooldown.
    Same question as before, do you have time / mana to use direct heals?

If you are using BLUE crystal, my guess is, that you use Treeform, and start spamming the instant Regrowth on everybody, and of course keep
    Wild growth and Effloresence on cooldown.

I don't if there are any answers, but i'm open for suggestions.

Thanks /Clooz
    Last edited by mmoc735fc07483; 2012-02-15 at 09:02 PM.

Since Ultraxion is a straight throughput check, your best bet is to stay away from hardcasts outside of refreshing harmony and lifebloom together.
    For both red and green, you should use the standard healing priority (WG > Swiftmend > Rejuv).
    For blue, follow the same playstyle, but with 0 concerns for your mana.

Heroic ultraxion - 2 heal fight. Paladins definitely prefer blue buff, and I'm pretty sure shamans do also so they can drop healing rain through the entire fight on cd while spamming chain heal in between. This leaves disc/holy to compete for red. Disc gets about the same throughput from blue as they do from red, without any mana issues, so again another healer that favors blue. I'm not really sure what holy prefers, but they pretty much can't get the same benefit from red as a resto druid does due to the insane benefits efflo gets from it.

Tldr; Theres never a situation where as a resto druid you shouldn't be getting red, and if there is, slap your raid leader. If you heal heroic 10m with more than one resto druid, or heroic 25 with more than 2, slap your raid leader.

I'm not sure our raid does it the best, but I can tell you how we 2 heal it.

It is me (resto druid) and a resto shaman 2 healing. We phase out at the start so we don't get the hero debuff, then I go tree form and pump out as much dps as I can while the resto shaman easily solo heals the first ~30-40 seconds. We do this because healing hasn't been the limiting factor for us, low dps has been the issue.

The shaman takes red when it pops, then I take green when it pops. The shaman then holds off on switching to blue until absolutely necessary for the mana conservation and spam healing capabilities. With green, I try to keep up a few rejuvs and WG/swiftmend on CD. I usually spam nourish as the shaman can typically keep people up and I try to conserve mana a bit for the last 1:30. The shaman pops hero for us when we're getting into the heavier damage parts. I use innervate more or less on CD and perhaps save it a few seconds if we're getting close to the end (for the 2-pc mana cost reduction).

We can usually keep the raid alive up to about 30 seconds until berserk, which is quite a bit longer than our kill normally takes (as I mentioned, our dps has been low for some reason lately).

Again, this may not be the best method, but it has worked for us.

The reason resto druids get red buff priority - as has been mentioned in other recent threads - is a combination of the other two buffs being better used on the other healing classes and the ridiculousness of Effloresence under red buff. The fact that Effloresence double-dips into the red buff is a large part of what makes it so good for resto druids. Additionally, green and blue are better suited to pallys/priests/shamans due to their wider use of direct heals. As stated, you should only be direct healing to keep your Lifebloom stacks and Harmony active; the other healer will be better equipped to handle spike healing.

In short, since the foundations of resto druids are based in AoE healing, get red buff and go to town with those HoTs!

Deleted
    Thanks for the help, im gonna slap my raidleader, and tell him i demand RED CRYSTAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    Thanks for the help, im gonna slap my raidleader, and tell him i demand RED CRYSTAL!
    I myself am a holy pally, i have 2 healed this with a priest, shaman and a druid, every one of them got red, while i got green (yuck) and blue (yay). Anyhow yea if your healing with a shaman or priest then just grab red while they grab green and blue and your golden. Good Luck

Pro-tip: always swiftmend, and therefore get your efflo, on a feral or ele shaman for the healing bonus. Properly specced rogues work too, but are not the fotm this teir.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 09:30 PM ----------

Oh and t12 double dips too, if you have have heroic t12 use it. Since it is also off the healing bonus if used on the specs above, the firebloom goes BOOM.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-02-15 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, i didnt know that you would get a healing bonus from it. Quick question! Does it also apply from Prot / Holy Pala, you know they got the 6% increased healing?

Deleted
    I'm not saying I did this perfectly, because I can find loads of flaws in my gameplay, but I ended the fight as the top healer, and the boss died so surely something must've been right. So, if you're interested to see how I did it, just check out my youtube video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeULr...1&feature=plcp

As a side note, we noticed that as of this week you can no longer phase at the start to avoid the Sated debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    As a side note, we noticed that as of this week you can no longer phase at the start to avoid the Sated debuff.
    It was still possible yesterday, when did they change it?

Deleted
    Was possible for us to avoid the sated yesterday aswell.

Thanks, i didnt know that you would get a healing bonus from it. Quick question! Does it also apply from Prot / Holy Pala, you know they got the 6% increased healing?
    Yes, this works as well. In the absence of a Feral, Assassination Rogue or DK with Vamp Blood up, I think Prot Pallies are you next best bet (someone inform me if I'm missing someone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto shaman if you have one.

So, you don't suggest using Healing Touch? I've been using Rejuve, Wild Growth, Regrowth, and Healing Touch (I use Nourish sometimes), but I've been having mana issues. Unfortunately, 167k mana<H Ult ><. Anything I should try doing differently?
    Last edited by HeroicDruid; 2012-02-22 at 06:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicDruid View Post
    So, you don't suggest using Healing Touch? I've been using Rejuve, Wild Growth, Regrowth, and Healing Touch (I use Nourish sometimes), but I've been having mana issues. Unfortunately, 167k mana<H Ult ><. Anything I should try doing differently?
    As fare as ive understand, you only use a directheal to keep up you'r Harmony, so you increase you HoT.

As fare as ive understand, you only use a directheal to keep up you'r Harmony, so you increase you HoT.
    Ok, ty. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicDruid View Post
    Ok, ty. I'll try that.
    the only reason you would have 167k mana is if you have 3/3 furor, which is wrong. Since youre having mana issues, switching to 3/3 moonglow and 2/3 furor would help. other than that, I heal with a holy priest partner. I take red he takes green/blue, efflo on CD off of a pally tank or feral druid if available, and what we do to save me mana is i just take it easy and wg on CD and sm on CD, other than that no heals until about 50% when the damage gets rough. Even while waiting that long to really start spamming, i end up on top every week with a dead dragon and multiple WoL ranks.