Mr. Robot - Reliable tool?

Hi there

I am currently 2/8HM 10m DS, I run with a resto druid. He completely blows me out of the water on some fights, and I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing wrong. I heard about this Mr Robot tool, and decided to try it out. I'm going to try out (Spirit (2800) > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery > Haste > Crit). Do you guys this think is a good idea? I kinda think 12.5% haste is too much. Any suggestions welcome

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/kaeve/simple

Thanks
    Last edited by Kaeve; 2012-02-15 at 04:16 PM.

Mr Robot is specifically tuned for raidbuffed Haste breakpoints for each healing spec.

Mr Robot is nothing more than a math tool - it can get your stats as close as possible given your gear, to what you want them to be (based on predefined weights and breakpoints).

In short its freaking fantastic - invaluable, I'd say.

It's as good as the person using it. The same goes for every 'tool'.

As for your gearing, as a Shaman I would suggest getting rid of all that Spirit - if you are making use of TC then there is no need for it.

Unfortunately druids often out-perform us shammies, blizzard just hates us that much.

As long as you understand what it's telling you, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As long as you understand what it's telling you, sure.
    Exactly what Blackmist said. Also another suggestion, if you can get another tier glove piece you might want to think about getting the Ele gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/item=77038). In the end it's all about what you think is best but to me these are pretty much BiS (big amount of haste and mastery there).

I see a lot of people who quote they know everything they have is right because mr-robot or wowreforge told them so. The problem arises due to them not knowing about statweights, how to get them or how it affects them.

Leaving the default values on any reforge addon/tool will cause more harm then good.

AMR is not going to help you if the resto druid is blowing you out of the water. It is a decent tool for dps but less so for healers as stat weights are more fluid. IMO the best usage of it is to estimate gear upgrades using your own stat weights. You can also use it to do the gemming/reforge/enchanting however in that regard it is not as accurate as some other tools in terms of min/maxing.

if you understand your class and the why of it's adjusting values then yeah, it's a great tool. but if you're looking for just a "plug n play" or "i have no clue just tell me what to do" then no.

Its a good starting tool. I modified it to fit my own gameplay, mainly use it to get my hit rating right on, but everything else, I reforge my own way because I do not agree with what the site suggests. Its apparently super accurate for some classes, and completely inaccurate for others, so use it with caution, dont blindly follow what it tells you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Unfortunately druids often out-perform us shammies, blizzard just hates us that much.
    [Removed -- Please don't use meme's]

@ OP
    I noticed you don't have Focused Insight - I suggest taking it, it's a VERY effective tool - FIed healing rain is godly in DS due to the sheer amount of stacking up that you need to do.

You also seem to have loads of haste, trying reforging away until you get to the 1237 (or 1267, can't remember which) haste plateau - that gives you an extra tick of HR under the effects of the 4pc t13 haste buff from using SWG.

Getting rid of all your spirit because of TC might help you, but it won't help your other healers, it's about keeping a good balance - don't forget mana tide is a very powerful boon to your whole healing team, not just you.

Ultimately though, as has been said, ask Mr Robot won't suddenly make you start beating this resto druid if you are doing something wrong. It can help you optimise your gear, but looking at your armoury its not exactly terrible in terms of optimisation (though your mastery seems v low for your gear level, I have more in avg ilvl 384 equipped)

If we had an armoury for this druid who's smoking you, and also some WoL parses, then we might be able to offer some more pointers, but at the moment we don't have much to go on. Contrary to what that other guy said, Resto druids mostly don't outperform resto shammies in DS unless there is a significant gap in either gear or player skill involved - DS is just so perfectly suited to shammy healing that, taking into account the WG nerf in 4.3, resto shaman are generally more effective healers than resto druids this tier.

***EDIT***
    I'm a tard for not fully reading your post, didn't notice you were a 10 man raider. In that case not having FI is ok - I don't take it in my 10 man build, as I mostly do 25's I drop Ancestral Awakening for it, in 10s you don't need to bother, ignore my earlier advice
    Taking into account you do 10s, what kind of healing setup do you use? What role do you perform? If the resto druid is raid healing and you are tank healing primarily then that will probably be why he's beating you - raid healing tends to look better on healing meters.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-15 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    If we had an armoury for this druid who's smoking you, and also some WoL parses, then we might be able to offer some more pointers, but at the moment we don't have much to go on. Contrary to what that other guy said, Resto druids mostly don't outperform resto shammies in DS unless there is a significant gap in either gear or player skill involved - DS is just so perfectly suited to shammy healing that, taking into account the WG nerf in 4.3, resto shaman are generally more effective healers than resto druids this tier.

***EDIT***
    I'm a tard for not fully reading your post, didn't notice you were a 10 man raider. In that case not having FI is ok - I don't take it in my 10 man build, as I mostly do 25's I drop Ancestral Awakening for it, in 10s you don't need to bother, ignore my earlier advice
    Taking into account you do 10s, what kind of healing setup do you use? What role do you perform? If the resto druid is raid healing and you are tank healing primarily then that will probably be why he's beating you - raid healing tends to look better on healing meters.
    Click on any DS day and I'm usually 10% or more lower on heals
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/182076/

These are from when I had 780ish haste, and a lot more mastery. I just tried reforging for more haste to get the extra riptide tick, but now from these comments, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I'm going to assume you're either trolling or haven't played since 4.2 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    Getting rid of all your spirit because of TC might help you, but it won't help your other healers, it's about keeping a good balance - don't forget mana tide is a very powerful boon to your whole healing team, not just you.
    Mana Tide is fairly "meh" for ten man, though. It doesn't really increase the value of spirit all that much.

Will have a look at the logs later. Raid invites just started.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 09:21 PM ----------

At a glance, you're not using your cooldowns enough. In the six kills I'm looking at, you used NS twice and SWG once (shamelessly assuming you have 4T13). You could have used them 19 times each, so that's a lot of potential wasted. Uptimes of Water/Earth Shield are okay, but not good - both should be 90% or higher (though you ideally shouldn't be refreshing Water Shield until right after it falls off). Not enough Riptide (it's a HPS gain to use it on cooldown both for single target and AoE healing). Tidal Waves uptime is lower than it should be; casting heals without it is a huge HPS loss, so don't waste charges on casting Healing Wave. Heal with GHW and use TC to regenerate the mana - it's actually more mana efficient than using Healing Wave.

You also have a weirdly high uptime on Unleash Life - you seem to be using UE a bit more than you should, then not taking advantage of the buff. Only use UE for pre-casting or for UE+GHW+RT combos when you're single target spamming (it's a HPS loss with Tidal Waves up, but a HPS gain without TW). Use Mana Tide early and often. Reforge if you don't need the spirit. You also should be able to get some more use out of Telluric Currents; using SWG more will help with that.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    At a glance, you're not using your cooldowns enough. In the six kills I'm looking at, you used NS twice and SWG once (shamelessly assuming you have 4T13). You could have used them 19 times each, so that's a lot of potential wasted. Uptimes of Water/Earth Shield are okay, but not good - both should be 90% or higher (though you ideally shouldn't be refreshing Water Shield until right after it falls off). Not enough Riptide (it's a HPS gain to use it on cooldown both for single target and AoE healing). Tidal Waves uptime is lower than it should be; casting heals without it is a huge HPS loss, so don't waste charges on casting Healing Wave. Heal with GHW and use TC to regenerate the mana - it's actually more mana efficient than using Healing Wave.

You also have a weirdly high uptime on Unleash Life - you seem to be using UE a bit more than you should, then not taking advantage of the buff. Only use UE for pre-casting or for UE+GHW+RT combos when you're single target spamming (it's a HPS loss with Tidal Waves up, but a HPS gain without TW). Use Mana Tide early and often. Reforge if you don't need the spirit. You also should be able to get some more use out of Telluric Currents; using SWG more will help with that.

Cool, thank you very much, I'll definitely keep this in mind next raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found Mr. Robots calculations very useful in gearing all my characters, but I did also go in and tweak the stat weights so that the second haste weighting was just under crit (i.e. Spirit (2800) > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste). This gives me a bit better Resurgence procs and more reliability with Ancestral Guardian uptime. (I do 10N so it falls to me to keep this up). As others have said, its a great tool. Most complaints about it come from people taking the default stat weights as THE BEST EVAR and blindly follow it and not actually learning why things are the way they are.

I use different site's looking up stuff but what i don't get is many other site's claim (410) Vagaries of Time to be BIS, However Mr:robot says HC Maw.. (resto shaman)

The proc on maw is great sure, but will it be better then that spellpower and spirit that you can reforge, i mean proc often overheals aswell..!