Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    okay, since werebison wants logic, lets give him some.

Blizzard have already stated that they have "limited resources to develop new content".

that store content is presumably being created using part of their "limited resources". not a fact, a supposition. you can argue against this if you wish.
    I respect your logical argument but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that a mount is very easy to make, requiring few resources and that the money they can make from this mount can actually increase the amount the resources they have at blizzard. (Artists, cash, w.e that resource may be)

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    And do you understand the opposing view that for each of these vanity items produced, less content is produced for the primary game?
    See my last post =)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Haha, fair enough, troll. If you choose to not put up any decent arguments and merely spout nonsense, I'm through with you.
    not trolling, not even slightly. i only argue positions i feel passionately about.

the logic comment wound me up tho; i am a computer programmer, and autistic. you can pick me up on many things, but logic isnt going to be one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing as i have no spare money other than to pay for the monthly sub i dont really pay any attention to store bought items. i wish it would go to pay for things in the future, like new race models and the like.

*shrug* they're fine. Most of them make me giggle and I greatly enjoy my blizzard experiences, especially playing WoW.. what better way to give them a little something extra from time to time, with an added bonus of a mount or pet? I appreciate all they do, and the entertainment they bring me. I'm NOT saying they should but could you imagine how many people would buy raid mounts for money LOTS of cash *IF* that were ever an option? (Which it wont be) It's just a little crazy to think about. People and their material.. in this case.. not.. so.. material.. erm.. virtual items! Don't see a problem with people selling them for moneys either.. Some people have more money to spend on things out of game, than in game and vice versa.

If people have an issue with paying for the mount, what is their opinion of buying DLC like map packs, skins, and other such stuff from places like Xbox Live, the Playstation Network, Steam, etc? Just asking because places like those have been doing it for years and some before Blizzard ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    In my opinion that's more fair to different people. (I bought the new one already so I dont really mind.) But everyone should be atleast be able to achieve the same right? And if your not that rich and you can't effort it there should be an other way to get it right?
    I think you and I just have different expectations from the game. And let me be clear that is totally 100% cool and ok. I will never spend money on a mount because , frankly, I just dont care that much. But at the same time I like that if people want to spend a little cash they can be there semi unique snowflake if they so choose. I don't think that every person should have a right to get every mount. I don't see this as fair or unfair, just how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Well it doesn't exactly give an advantage over game, Soooo It's not much of an issue personally. So I couldn't careless of what people spend their money on; It's there money.
    Exactly; it doesn't give an advantage and it's a luxury in my eyes. People spend money on meaningless things all the time, but it brings them joy, so leave it at that says I.

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Deleted
    Another positive thing to my post earlier is that u will be busy achieveing something, and this gives people a fun feeling.

Its annoying that the "new" mounts from 4.3 are rehashed dragon models, the glory reward is just a bad recolor even. And the dmf rewards have been around for a while aswell (big blizzard bear with bearform dance animations). But the last 2 store mounts looked amazing and are rather unique, they have to be ofcourse, but having a new model for mounts people can get ingame would be great aswell tbh...

I voted "No Problem With The Sale, But Would Like To See The Profits Used For Content" since it seemed like the obvious choice for me.

I don't have such a problem with the RMT mounts, but it CLEARLY and obviously is detracting from what we're given. Normal mounts and pets have all seen downturns in quality since they started selling them for 2 months worth of subscription fee on top of normal game's price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    could you imagine how many people would buy raid mounts for money LOTS of cash *IF* that were ever an option? (Which it wont be)
    this is already possible. go to store, buy lots of BoE pets. sell on the AH. use gold to buy spot with raid guild to get mount. but hey, nothing in the store can be used for ingame advantage, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by bones83 View Post
    If people have an issue with paying for the mount, what is their opinion of buying DLC like map packs, skins, and other such stuff from places like Xbox Live, the Playstation Network, Steam, etc? Just asking because places like those have been doing it for years and some before Blizzard ever did.
    Map packs are not the same as paying for a mount. Map packs are like getting new raids in a sense. You do have a point though, take Gears 3 with the gun skins.

okay, since werebison wants logic, lets give him some.

Blizzard have already stated that they have "limited resources to develop new content". i could link to the quote, but frankly cant be bothered. its out there, google it. this isnt opinion, its a statement of fact.

they are now producing content that they are selling for money in their store. again, a statement of fact.

that store content is presumably being created using part of their "limited resources". not a fact, a supposition. you can argue against this if you wish.

as a result of store content being created, there are less resources left to create content for those people that dont want to pay money to Blizzard on top of box fees and subscriptions.

so you people that are "spending you own money they way you want" are having a direct impact on the amount of content available for the rest of the players. do you begin to see why this might upset people like me?
    Ah, okay, now I see where you're coming from, thank you for clarifying.

I hadn't seen that statement before. It does make me curious as to how many people are involved in actually creating the things that go into the Blizzard store.

To be honest, it's not like Blizzard is hurting for cash. I'd be rather surprised if they weren't looking for more programmers and designers, if that's the issue. Limited resources is a very vague term, I doubt it means money, but perhaps they really are spreading themselves too thin. This probably started happening when they got working on their Titan project. I'm sure that plenty of time and money goes into D3 and the SC2 expansion, as well, but things seemed to be all right until they got Titan really in the works. Hopefully, whatever it is, it'll be stellar, if they really are pumping the lion's share of resources into it.

As to folks like us buying mounts and it hurting other areas of the game...dunno what to say about that. If it's true, then it hurts us as well. But I don't really see a solution. I doubt there's going to be a boycott on something like this.

Anyway, again, thank you for actually posting your thoughts without calling folks suckers, that's the initial reason I started jumping on your comments.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

this is already possible. go to store, buy lots of BoE pets. sell on the AH. use gold to buy spot with raid guild to get mount. but hey, nothing in the store can be used for ingame advantage, can it?
    Run through for a mount =/= competitive advantage. What advantage are they gaining? An achievement at most.

Quote Originally Posted by bones83 View Post
    Hey 1-poster with a number after your name! I can't help but feel you're a shill of some type, but I'll answer as if you're not. I hate DLCs. I simply don't buy them because I don't believe in encouraging companies to release unfinished games and then "finish" it with DLC. (MMOs are an exception, of course, because they're never finished). Games like Dragon Age simply shouldn't be played without DLC. The game is incomplete without them. So you have to buy all the DLC just to get the whole game. This is not good.

I do buy "GOTY" editions which come with all DLCs packaged with the game, as I consider these complete games. But I'll never buy DLC for a new game, as I don't want them seeing my revenue coming from the sales of incomplete games.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Pets are OK imo but mounts are something people can be "proud" of and when they sell one that more visually appealing than say.. the mount off Heroic Deathwing then that's when the problem starts for me. No, I do not have the Heroic Deathwing mount, mimirons head or even the onyxian drake to "show off".

It's just A slap in the face to people who put the time and effort into getting an awesome mount in-game to just have it upstaged by something like Heart of the Aspects. This mount should have been obtainable in-game through some pretty hard achievements*cough*gloryofthedragonsoulraider*cough* or a boss drop.
    Way to ruin awesome models to earn yourself more money blizzard.

i'm still laughing at the folks complaining about blizz selling mounts and noncombat pets for cash... and that "my monthly money should entitle me to it"... WoW's been 15 bucks a month since release... and it's stayed that way through economic turmoil, surging energy costs, inflation, etc... if people are willing to pay money for little extras in game that have no benefit outside of looking pretty and it keeps my sub price the same... i'm ALL for it....

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Pets are OK imo but mounts are something people can be "proud" of and when they sell one that more visually appealing than say.. the mount off Heroic Deathwing then that's when the problem starts for me. No, I do not have the Heroic Deathwing mount, mimirons head or even the onyxian drake to "show off".

It's just A slap in the face to people who put the time and effort into getting an awesome mount in-game to just have it upstaged by something like Heart of the Aspects. This mount should have been obtainable in-game through some pretty hard achievements*cough*gloryofthedragonsoulraider*cough* or a boss drop.
    Man, I would STILL much rather have Mim's head than the chromatic dragon. That thing just looks awesome.

I don't even have a frostwyrm. My server is turrible for raiding achievements.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post

TO be fair I would argue that anyone who would care/know about those boss mounts will still e far more impressed with that than a sparkle pony. I just don't think that you get upstaged is all. Also, THEY ARE HEAR TO MAKE MONEY. They do not truly care about your opinion on there mount selling because they are making tons of cash. And hell, good for them.
    Last edited by Mcshiz; 2012-02-16 at 08:24 PM.

these mounts seem to be a bit i dont know unfinished. The guardian looked cool, but the golden dragon... a Chinese dragon with wings that has legs that cant touch the ground... I sort of like it, its nice, but not $25 nice.