Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's Your Opinion On The Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets?

With the release of anything that Blizzard does these days there is some negative criticism (I use this words in it's loosest form) about the new mount.
    I'd like to hear what everyone thinks of the Mounts and Pets that Blizzard sell.

I've personally not got a problem with the mount itself or fact it's being sold. It's something that gives no in-game advantage at all and is purely cosmetic and for the buyers visual benefit. Granted my only problem is that I'd like to see the profits used on content as the profit from such an item must be rather large.

I'm not necessarily asking for your opinion of the Mount/Pet itself, but rather your opinion on the selling of them.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-02-15 at 04:57 PM.

I like the pets that are visually interesting (Pandaren Monk, Lil XT). The mounts I honestly don't care about as much.

But I will say I love the new mount, but not as much as I love the PVPers who use it in battlegrounds.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

From a business perspective, if they can get folks to line up around the block for them, more power to 'em.

As a player (or ex-player), it blows my mind that anyone would buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any problems with Blizzard selling mounts and pets. If it helps to keep subscription prices from rising then great. Since they've never gone up since day 1, more power to them. I don't suppose that reason qualifies as content but it's as valid as anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already pay for the game, pay for the expansions and pay the monthly fee.

You have 4 seasons of recolored recycled drake model with random plates added to it's sides
    and then they offer this for 20€ ?

Not a fan at the slightest.

I don't have a problem with them selling mounts and pets.

It does sort of leave a bad taste in my mouth that a truly unique mount model gets to be store-only, though.

My problem is the price, to be honest. That, or the fact that no matter how long you've been playing for, you don't ever earn any credits for free Blizzard services or mounts/pets. Even if you got $10 off for using a 6 month subscription cycle instead of 1 month, there would be some perceived value.

the store offers nothing that is not strictly aesthetic in nature, therefore i don't care about what's in it. you don't need it. if you want vanity.... pay the money. simple, clean, efficient.

nothing being offered gives you an edge over anyone else so you can't buy power.

there literally isn't a downside except that some people whinge about the prettiest pretties being bought.
    who rightly gives a flying rat's ass? it's a pretty, that's it. you don't need it, it give you exactly zero. if you care that much about pretty, you can shell out the cash.
    i've done it, and intend to do it again. i like pretty objects sometimes. i care enough to pay at any rate. if you do not, please do not complain.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it, I love it, but I'm still a bit disappointed that I wasn't offered the chance to earn it in-game instead. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    I bought it, I love it, but I'm still a bit disappointed that I wasn't offered the chance to earn it in-game instead. C'est la vie.
    you shouldnt feel disappointed. as long as suckers like you are prepared to pay more money for things that your subscription should cover, Blizzard will continue to produce pets and mounts this way. they must be laughing their asses off at their customers, as they try and think up new ways to get you to pay extra for things that cost them virtually nothing to do.

Deleted
    I'm more baffled people actually burn money on this crap.

Each to their own i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    You already pay for the game, pay for the expansions and pay the monthly fee.

You have 4 seasons of recolored recycled drake model with random plates added to it's sides
    and then they offer this for 20€ ?

Not a fan at the slightest.
    This.

Game frequently receives criticism for being stale design wise, when the brand new models such as this are offered at a premium rate rather than being added to the game for free as has been lacking for a very long time, it's an incredible kick in the teeth.

More of a personal thing as well, but pretty much all appeal in a mount becomes removed when it is used 'en-mass' throughout a server. Mounts have always been indicative of challenges surpassed within a game (Shadowmere in Skyrim as a quick example), and when the challenge mounts have become completely stale and repetitive in design, when fresh content which is so badly needed to the game is added to the game via real money transactions it makes you feel a little bitter.

I personally don't care if they offer this in the store. It would, however, be cool if they made it possible to earn it as well. If you are a casual player or whatever then go buy it, if you have time to farm say 150 mounts or get the cataclysm raid meta-achievement then have it be rewarded as well. Just my 2cents anyway.

To each their own. I see no reason to dislike them. Personally, I will not spend money on them. However, if someone wants to - go for it.

I would've loved to vote option 2 and 4

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    you shouldnt feel disappointed. as long as suckers like you are prepared to pay more money for things that your subscription should cover, Blizzard will continue to produce pets and mounts this way. they must be laughing their asses off at their customers, as they try and think up new ways to get you to pay extra for things that cost them virtually nothing to do.
    You are just jealous. And no, I did not buy one.
    Also I dont see anything wrong with this store.

Company making money, shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never spend money on em, and economically it makes sense for Blizz... but there is some irritation that they release things like this for a game we pay a sub for. In the grand scheme of things it's unlikely to influence the game negatively so I won't lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire .
    that just made my morning
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    You are just jealous. And no, I did not buy one.
    Also I dont see anything wrong with this store.

Company making money, shocking.
    i am not jealous. i have plenty of money to buy this mount if i chose to. i have NEVER paid extra for any pets/mounts, because when it started i saw exactly where it would end up; with more and more being offered as paid extras, that should be included in the subscription. sadly there were too many people only too happy to throw more money at Blizzard for sod all effort, so here we are today.

company gouging customers. shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    In a year they will sell thrall mounts because millions wanted it.

New mount should have been the Heroic DW mount while the Meta, Rare normal DW mount, and current heroic DW mounts (as well as the 4th aspect of which no mount exists) should have been offered as a package deal on the blizz store.