Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The QQmunity if you think everyone who plays also posts on mmo-champ and gw2guru.
    Last edited by Nitsuj; 2012-02-16 at 04:08 AM.

I hope a keyboard and mouse are mandatory if this is played on a console. There are already enough idiots in mmo's and idiots playing with a console controller = dividing by zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I hope a keyboard and mouse are mandatory if this is played on a console. There are already enough idiots in mmo's and idiots playing with a console controller = dividing by zero.
    Obviously didn't watch the videos on the previous page.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

ugh

it limits the PC gameplay a lot

not a good sign from PC point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Obviously didn't watch the videos on the previous page.
    I do not believe your average gamer has the abilities of the people in the videos.

Edit:
    Also the xbox Kinect video does not show any playing at any decent level of skill.
    Last edited by masterpiece; 2012-02-16 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    ugh

it limits the PC gameplay a lot

not a good sign from PC point of view
    It doesn't limit the gameplay if the game isn't being made for PC and Consoles simultaneously.

PC version is pretty much already done, and fan-fucking-tastic according to nearly everyone that has played.

I do not believe your average gamer has the abilities of the people in the videos.
    That doesn't mean that people wont be able to learn. It's not entirely difficult to play WoW with a 360 controller, it just takes getting used to.

That said, ArenaNet is still just INVESTIGATING the prospects of a console release, nothing is entirely set in stone as of yet.

It's all a non-issue until a console game is announced by Anet. And even then they're not going to damage their goal of making the best MMO of all time by making the PC version console friendly. People need to calm down. I guess these can't get posted enough:
    Michael Kerstein:
    I think "stay calm, don't panic" will become my new mantra.

We stated multiple times in public that we have a small team working on a console version, but that we are fully dedicated to make the most kickass game for PC (I think the official statement did not use the word kickass, in case someone wants to semantically disect my post ).
    Regina Buenaobra:
    Hey, all. We saw this come up on the investor call, and wanted to respond.

I just want to reiterate that the development team is fully focused on making GW2 the best PC MMO ever released. We have a very small team exploring the possibility of console, but there are no definite plans for a console version at this time. The core of Guild Wars 2 development is fully focused on delivering a fantastic PC MMORPG experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That doesn't mean that people wont be able to learn. It's not entirely difficult to play WoW with a 360 controller, it just takes getting used to.
    I don't see how interacting with objects would be very easy without being able to click on them. You would have to do all your targeting with tab targeting and for a WoW perspective, you can not heal a 25 man raid as easily on a controller as you can with a mouse. That's a lot of targeting problems from what I can see.

Is it too much to ask for a little faith here? I hate blind fanboys as much as the next sensible guy, but really? Some of you are going to the opposite end of the extreme. You don't think that ArenaNet, who made one of the most popular MMOs of all time, is going to alienate its fans on the PC and dumb down the game in order to reach out to consoles where the game might not even sell? Give me a break.

Although, I suppose it can't be all bad. If they had even the slightest temptation of tweaking the game, they sure as hell won't now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how interacting with objects would be very easy without being able to click on them. You would have to do all your targeting with tab targeting and for a WoW perspective, you can not heal a 25 man raid as easily on a controller as you can with a mouse. That's a lot of targeting problems from what I can see.
    Have you tried it? I've sat there and played WoW (ICC 10) with a 360 controller, the only hard part was getting used to the controls. No, it wasn't as responsive as a mouse but it was do-able without too much difficulty.

That said, you won't have the healing issue with Guild Wars 2 because there are no targeted heals.

Wow this is an awesome surprise. I prefer consoles to pc because: I like sitting back on the couch and not hunched over a desk, like the feel of buttons and joysticks in my hand rather than clicking keys, and it will be graphically optimized for the console, as my pc can barely run games on minimum.

Hell, now I can play Tera and GW2 with a controller, and give up stupid hotkeys and clickclickclickclickclick. Sayonara WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope I can use my 360 controller with the PC version. 360 controller = most comfortable thing ever.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

People need to understand that GW2 will not be a console port to PC. It will be a PC port to console. The game is primarily being developed for PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it everytime i come in here , i feel bashing my head on a brick wall.

Can we not close this thread, i mean it is just going in circles... can people not read?

I just want to reiterate that the development team is fully focused on making GW2 the best PC MMO ever released. We have a very small team exploring the possibility of console, but there are no definite plans for a console version at this time. The core of Guild Wars 2 development is fully focused on delivering a fantastic PC MMORPG experience.
    Bolded the KEY words

>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Don't bother, We have posted twice now this information from Martin himself in this thread and people are still complaining.
    It was more of a reflex than anything. I can understand that people are afraid of change, and that GW2 is bringing a whole lot of it, but it'd be nice if people would take off their blinders from time to time.

This is worrying. How much will the game be simplified so that it will work on a console? Console games are generally not very rich or deep. Very concerned over gw2.

Deleted
    Personally I don't mind, they top prio is making the best PC mmo and as they've said, they are just exploring the possibility of console port.

I don't think PC and Console servers would be merged. Console players would have zero, null, nada chance of surviving in PVP against PC players.

keep the 2 seperate and i am fine with it and hopefully the console one doesnt push back the pc release date even though they said it wouldnt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    The closer this gameg gets to coming out the more we start to see what this community is going to be like. Just saying, these last three weeks have been pretty hectic for arena net.
    Its funny because I made that premonition months ago for both GW2 and SWToR. It became true for the MMOC ToR boards, its only inevitable that it'll happen to these boards as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll be interesting. I'll probably buy both for the hell of it.