Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Sister or not, she agreed to pay you and should have done so. In your place I would loose my faith in her after she refused to pay the 1st time and not have talked to her again till she pays. sisters are sisters, but contracts are contracts (even if only agreed mouthly and not put on paper) and should be held.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You're demanding money from your sister for taking care of her children. That's weird...
    learn to read, noone demanded anything. he asked "if" and she said "yes" where she could´ve also said "no".
    and we´re not talking about 1 or 2 days of babysitting, it was 3 months. if i asked my sister to watch for my kids for 3 months i sure as hell would pay her, like i always do when something exceeds the "favor-limit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on your side with this one.

She said she would pay, your mother also said she would pay that 40, she has refused to pay, if she never said ill pay you id be on her side.

But she said she would pay and not doing it is a lie so shes a bitch.

Blood is thicker than water, but not nearly as useful.

She said she'd pay you. She didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    learn to read, noone demanded anything. he asked "if" and she said "yes" where she could´ve also said "no".
    and we´re not talking about 1 or 2 days of babysitting, it was 3 months. if i asked my sister to watch for my kids for 3 months i sure as hell would pay her, like i always do when something exceeds the "favor-limit"
    Yeah, 3 months is pretty substantial. This particular sister seems like trouble, I'd steer clear for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasicomplex View Post
    He's unemployed at home. It's not like he's got anything better to do.
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You seriously can't see how his time can be better spent? School? Job searching? Nothing?

OT- No, you are not in the wrong at all. She said she would pay you and she didn't. I don't know if anything came up but I'm sure if she needed the money she would have tried to work it out with you but I don't see that happening. I would just quit helping her out unless it's important, just don't expect anything in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant imagine that your sister would act like that O_o
    thats just plain evil, rude, awful, and every other bad word u wanna put here

You had an oral contract. By law, she owes you money.

Of course it's difficult because the sum of which she'd pay was not specified in the first case, as you describe the situation.

In the second case, it was your mother that said your sister would pay $40. If your sister isn't, you should take it up with your mother and in the very least have her pay for your sister's expense.

What's baffling me is that you kept agreeing to babysit. If anything, you should've demanded your money up-front.

- Whether you should've asked for money in the first place is a moral issue, and has nothing to do with the rest of the case.

Judge Judy would make her pay you, if that helps you feel better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say you are not the bad person in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demanding payment is pretty greedy when it's your sister's kids. That having been said, once she agreed to pay, she had no right to back out of it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    After about three months of watching her kids pretty much every day besides the weekends I found out she received her taxes. I approached her and asked if she was going to give me some money for watching her kids.
    I assume that you occasionally, if not everyday fed these children. After three months, that adds up. You should be compensated for that.
    It would be different if you watched them here or there, or just had a desire to be around your nieces/nephews.

My husband and I (we're in our 20s), who were in a rough spot to start with, ended up with his 13 year old brother for four months. Our bills went up by the hundreds because all this child wanted to do was clear out the fridge of all the food, and stay on the internet 24/7. Not only was it straining on already empty wallets, the kid was completely out of control and put a strain on my relationship with my husband because I could simply not get along with his brother (being called a bitch and having to practically wipe a 13 year old's ass is pretty degrading).

Don't watch her children again. Make sure that it's known that you enjoy them, however.
    Last edited by Bambivere; 2012-02-19 at 04:08 PM.